Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Jesus started his earthly ministry with the whole Godhead (Trinity) manifesting,

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased,” (Matthew 3:16-17). 

Before Christ was about to ascend He taught His disciples to do thus:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit(Matthew 28:19). 

We are suppose to be preaching The Trinity, that God is One God in Three Persons, Co-Equal, Co-Eternal. We are obligated to teach The Doctrine of the Holy Trinity, because God is The Trinity of Father,  Son, and Holy Spirit. 

Here are Old and New testament  verses that prove our Lord is a Triune God: 

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said tothem, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22) 

According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.” (1 Peter 1:2) 

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” (John 14:26) 

“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.” (John 15:26)

“Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (Genesis 1:26) 

“Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” (Genesis 3:22) 

“And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35) 

“Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works,” (John 14:10) and “Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22) 

A Great Short Video on The Trinity: 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/255422-explain-the-trinity-in-6mins/

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

you've been here long enough to know you aren't supposed to post videos outside the video forum...

16 minutes ago, other one said:

you've been here long enough to know you aren't supposed to post videos outside the video forum...

Can you post a link? As in a link to a video? 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Can you post a link? As in a link to a video? 

yes  put the video in the video forum then post a link to there.   its kind of a pain but has helped keep a lot of really bad stuff away from here.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Jesus started his earthly ministry with the whole Godhead (Trinity) manifesting,

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased,” (Matthew 3:16-17). 

Before Christ was about to ascend He taught His disciples to do thus:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit(Matthew 28:19). 

We are suppose to be preaching The Trinity, that God is One God in Three Persons, Co-Equal, Co-Eternal. We are obligated to teach The Doctrine of the Holy Trinity, because God is The Trinity of Father,  Son, and Holy Spirit. 

Here are Old and New testament  verses that prove our Lord is a Triune God: 

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said tothem, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22) 

According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.” (1 Peter 1:2) 

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” (John 14:26) 

“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.” (John 15:26)

“Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” (Genesis 1:26) 

“Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” (Genesis 3:22) 

“And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35) 

“Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works,” (John 14:10) and “Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22) 

Don't worry be happy...

7 hours ago, other one said:

yes  put the video in the video forum then post a link to there.   its kind of a pain but has helped keep a lot of really bad stuff away from here.

Thanks! I’ll post the link to the  video section. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Betha said:

How are we to account for Joh 10v30 where only the Father and the Son are mentioned 'as one ' ? why not the Holy Spirit if He is a Person or Being ?

Also Lk  1v35 seems to link the HS with 'Power from the Most High' .....and Jesus could 'pass on to Humans via His Breath. 

John 10:30, NIV: "I and the Father are one.'"

John 10:30, ESV: "I and the Father are one.”"

John 10:30, KJV: "I and my Father are one."

Jesus made this statement while in the Temple and in a dialogue with the people present at the time...on his last visit to the Temple just before his Judgment by the people...

One of the questions is when  Jesus said: "I and the Father....did he referred to the "HEAVENLY FATHER"

as supposed to the Father of the Israelites "their Patriarch Abraham"?

or to the "Father of the Nation of Israel, their Lord and their God "...the God of Abraham and Issac and Jacob and all of the house of Jacob? 

By looking in what Jesus was saying in his past statement to the people can we distinguish between the two, as stated above and say that he was referring to the Heavenly Father...and not to the Lord God of the Israelites...

The Lord God of the Israelites was not the Father of the whole world...or the Lord God of all the world... he was for the Israelites only...

God the Creator had made the distinction when he judged the world by separating Abraham and his seed Isaac, and Jacob and all of the house of Jacob from the rest of the world taking the people to be a Nation unto him self....

Can you tell why? 

And why when Jesus was talking to the Jews he was saying "MY FATHER", or "MY HEAVENLY FATHER ", and this will suggest that the Heavenly Father had only one Son and this was only him...

I understand that your question was as to why no reference was made to the Holy Spirit of God...or the Holy Spirit of the Heavenly Father...

Or which comes from the Heavenly Father...

Jesus also said when he was speaking to his disciples that: You are Me also maybe ONE, and you also maybe ONE with one another and with all who will believe in me...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 hours ago, Betha said:

Not sure why you are mentioning all the other possibilities when there was no ref made to any in connection with that particular verse ?

There is only One Holy Spirit who IS God and not another besides Him. Joh 4v24. That is why there are only 2 Beings in the Godhead.....

the FATHER and the SON, sharing the same SPIRIT-POWER (Mindpower) by which they create without contradiction or disagreement.. That is my  understanding.

John 14:16 “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

Paracletos here is masculine singular and as you can see above Jesus Himself referred to the Holy Spirit as "HE".

Guest theElect777
25 minutes ago, Alive said:

John 14:16 “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

Paracletos here is masculine singular and as you can see above Jesus Himself referred to the Holy Spirit as "HE".

Paracletos is Latin.   The actual Greek is παράκλητος.   Just curious why you chose to use a Latin term for a Greek Verse?

Guest theElect777

Maybe it's why the Latin "Lucifer" is used over the Hebrew "Morning Star."   I just find it interesting how some mix Latin with Hebrew/Greek like it was the original format.