• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

So we have a few different ideas floating in this thread ... 

1st ... Jesus said in Matthew ... not one jot or tittle shall pass away ... as a reason to follow "all" points of the law.  

2nd ... we are not under the "law" as given in Hebrews, as He is the mediator of a "better covenant".

So we seem to have a disagreement in Scripture ... and thus why there is a conversation about these points, and while some would simply not have the discussion and shut down the debate, I take it to the opposite extreme and let the points be made so that people can learn from one another.

I believe one can learn a lot from the Torah if you understand it from the perspective of WHY was the TORAH given.  Instead of looking at it as a "set of rules" and "regulations", look at it from the perspective of "love".  If you understand that God is LOVE and how He himself describes Himself in Exodus it will really help "unmuddy" the waters so to speak.

Exo 34:5  The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 
Exo 34:6  The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 
Exo 34:7  keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation.” 

Look at HOW God describes Himself ... merciful, gracious, slow to anger, abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness .... usually those who are focused on "keeping" all points of the Torah, do not emulate these points.  But shouldn't we?  If we are created in the VERY IMAGE of God ... shouldn't we be "emulators" of these characteristics?

So when Jesus says, Mat 22:36  “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 
Mat 22:37  And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 
Mat 22:38  This is the great and first commandment. 
Mat 22:39  And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 
Mat 22:40  On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” 

So God gives the TORAH to the children of Israel ... to keep them "HOLY" ... in other words to keep them "separated" from the world to preserve his ultimate love gift to the world ... the sending of His Son.

Now the question if how can we apply aspects of the Torah for our daily living, not in a legalistic way, but rather in the purpose of why it was given.

Let me give you an example.

In Leviticus and Deuteronomy, it talks about do not wear clothing with "mixed" threads.  

Deu 22:11  You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together.

Now if you're a legalist ... you're checking out tags ... is this 100% cotton ... but the same legalist doesn't realize the threads of 100% cotton are polyester threads ... there is no 100% cotton threads ... and so they are wrapped up in the "letter" of the law and entangles himself in bondage trying to observe instead of looking at the heart of the instruction.

Whereas if you're looking at the heart of the message ... the idea of holy was not mixing the holy with the profane.  Do not mix the ways of God with the ways of the world.  Hence what John says ... 

1Jn 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. 
1Jn 2:17  And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

So the heart of the Torah and the message of the NT are the same ... if properly understood in the context in which it was given ... in LOVE!

So instead of looking at the "letter" of the torah, look at the "heart" of the Torah, you will learn the heart of God ... and His enduring love and mercy abounds to us!

We'll see if this helps out ... and by the way ... I'm not a hit and run poster ... :)  

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, George said:

So we have a few different ideas floating in this thread ... 

1st ... Jesus said in Matthew ... not one jot or tittle shall pass away ... as a reason to follow "all" points of the law.  

2nd ... we are not under the "law" as given in Hebrews, as He is the mediator of a "better covenant".

So we seem to have a disagreement in Scripture ... and thus why there is a conversation about these points, and while some would simply not have the discussion and shut down the debate, I take it to the opposite extreme and let the points be made so that people can learn from one another.

I believe one can learn a lot from the Torah if you understand it from the perspective of WHY was the TORAH given.  Instead of looking at it as a "set of rules" and "regulations", look at it from the perspective of "love".  If you understand that God is LOVE and how He himself describes Himself in Exodus it will really help "unmuddy" the waters so to speak.

Exo 34:5  The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 
Exo 34:6  The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 
Exo 34:7  keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation.” 

Look at HOW God describes Himself ... merciful, gracious, slow to anger, abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness .... usually those who are focused on "keeping" all points of the Torah, do not emulate these points.  But shouldn't we?  If we are created in the VERY IMAGE of God ... shouldn't we be "emulators" of these characteristics?

So when Jesus says, Mat 22:36  “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 
Mat 22:37  And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 
Mat 22:38  This is the great and first commandment. 
Mat 22:39  And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 
Mat 22:40  On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” 

So God gives the TORAH to the children of Israel ... to keep them "HOLY" ... in other words to keep them "separated" from the world to preserve his ultimate love gift to the world ... the sending of His Son.

Now the question if how can we apply aspects of the Torah for our daily living, not in a legalistic way, but rather in the purpose of why it was given.

Let me give you an example.

In Leviticus and Deuteronomy, it talks about do not wear clothing with "mixed" threads.  

Deu 22:11  You shall not wear cloth of wool and linen mixed together.

Now if you're a legalist ... you're checking out tags ... is this 100% cotton ... but the same legalist doesn't realize the threads of 100% cotton are polyester threads ... there is no 100% cotton threads ... and so they are wrapped up in the "letter" of the law and entangles himself in bondage trying to observe instead of looking at the heart of the instruction.

Whereas if you're looking at the heart of the message ... the idea of holy was not mixing the holy with the profane.  Do not mix the ways of God with the ways of the world.  Hence what John says ... 

1Jn 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. 
1Jn 2:17  And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

So the heart of the Torah and the message of the NT are the same ... if properly understood in the context in which it was given ... in LOVE!

So instead of looking at the "letter" of the torah, look at the "heart" of the Torah, you will learn the heart of God ... and His enduring love and mercy abounds to us!

We'll see if this helps out ... and by the way ... I'm not a hit and run poster ... :)  

God bless,

George

No--you are a hit hit hit hit hit hit hit and run poster.

;-)

He that reads, let him understand.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Alive said:

No--you are a hit hit hit hit hit hit hit and run poster.

Perhaps ... but I run fast!  LOL!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/18/2020 at 9:49 AM, JustPassingThru said:

Dear brother, what I have asked you for many times, in many threads over many months, are verses in the New Testament from books written specifically to the Church, ...that is, Romans to Revelation 3, that say specifically the Church is to "keep" the Sabbath.

Lord bless

Sorry its taken me so long to respond. I live in a rural area that has horrible internet. I have been without my land line for my home phone and without internet for most of the week. I got it back late yesterday. Anyway, to your last post to me...

Don't know about you asking me this many times, first time I've seen this question.... must admit, it seems like an odd question to me, by the question itself you seem to indicate a belief that the bible is divided from Genesis thought Acts and then from Romans to Revelation. Sorry, but one must take the Bible in its entirety. But anyway, the word Sabbath is only found in Colossians 2:16 in that frame you give In that verse Paul tells the believers not to let others judge them in the keeping of the Sabbath days. This implies the keeping of the Sabbath and the other Sabbaths, also referred to as holy days. Now some of these are mention in that frame of yours. You may want to see: I Cor. 16:8, I Cor 5:8 which states also the magic word you seem to be looking for "keep". Also in Hebrews 4:4 where it actually says seventh day but refers to the Sabbath. Also I believe that you would agree that the 4th commandment is the keeping of the Sabbath. So you may want to check out I John 5:2, I John 5:3, I John 2:3, I John 2:4, I John 3:24 (love these they also use the magic word "keep".  Also check out Revelation 12:17, who does Satan seek to do war with those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ and keep the commandments. Also look at Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14.  Now let me ask you a question, where in the entire Bible does it say that God made Sunday holy? Where in fact in the entire Bible is Sunday ever mentioned?  See, I'm not limiting you just to the section of Romans thru Revelation.:)

Edited by Tigger56

On 2/21/2020 at 4:07 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The only “ sabbathing” That God cares about in this present Age of Grace is to  “ rest in the Gospel Of Grace.” You Sabbath one day a week.... I Sabbath every day. Which do you think God prefers?

If I were to make the mistake that you make, Trying  to justify myself by Law-Keeping— “ANY” Law-Keeping— James declared that if I go down “ that” road , I will be held accountable to keep ALL the Law and if break just “ One” Law, I have broken them all. Paul declares that adding ANY law to the Gospel Of Grace cancels that Grace.The very Thing That Saves us-Grace.If you want to be one of those who “ fall from Grace” and find themselves “ severed from the Cross Of Christ”...... that is YOUR business. You can tend to your Performance-Based Salvation and in the meantime I will continue to worship and put my FAITH in the Performance Of my Savior whose “ performance” at the Cross was so pleasing to the Father, That He thought it Worthy enough to pay the price for every sin that was ever committed or ever will “ be” committed.

I have made it clear in multiple posts here that obeying the Commands Of God is a great thing and I try to do it. I want to have my life blessed and I want to live a life that is pleasing to God.Yes, obedience is a great thing— it just won’t save you.I have learned the Secret to Living an Obedient life.Quit worrying about it. Quit “ TRYING” to be obedient —— God doesn’t save those “trying” to be Saved .He WILL save all of those TRUSTING to be saved. If you TRUST in the Gospel that saves ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) you will REST or SABBATH in it.That is the only Sabbath that matters now.Resting in the Grace Of God brings a peace and a gratitude and a love for God that is at the root of anything that counts with God.Love is the Engine that drives Obedience.Everything you are doing to gain the approval of your Father — and especially Sabbath Day Keeping— is a Dead Work If Love is not driving it.

Keeping the Laws Of  Moses means nothing to me as far as my Salvation is concerned .....Paul said the Law was “ weak and useless” in that regard.Why turn to and try to rely on something that is a waste of time?There is no POWER in the Law Of Moses? There “IS” SAVING POWER when one Rests in the Gospel.Trust in the Gospel Of Grace and let the Holy Spirit work in and through you and you will “Find” yourself being much more obedient to the Law than you “ ever” we’re, trying to keep it because you though you were obligated to do it.Remember—- Trusting , not trying is what saves a person. “ The one who finds LIFE will find it by Trusting God.”

In regards to the first question, I believe God prefers us to do what he commands us to do which is keep the Sabbath day. You indicate that obeying God's commandments is a great thing, yet... please be honest here, you probably try to keep all of them without excuse and justification except for the 4th one, then you have to justify why you change that one.  The biggest mistake you make is the belief that you can't have the supremacy of our Savior Jesus and keep the commandments, in this you are mistaken. Can I recommend that you read Revelation 22:14, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 12:17 and all of I John. It gives a different perspective.  I do want to thank you for a thoughtful response in your last post. Always more enjoyable without anger. 

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Personally speaking, I do keep the 4th commandent. I keep it every day.

Sounds nice and I know you are sincere. I honor my Lord everyday and walk a path that seeks to please him everyday. However, I work six days a week. I see my own endeavors as well during those days. I sell and buy on those six days. However, there is one day, the one day the Lord made holy that I stop from all these other things. On that one day, that He separated from all other day, the day He made holy. That day, I rest. I pray more, I worship him more. I keep his day as he commands.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

NOT BEING OBEDIENT --- DOES THAT INCLUDE 

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in him that if we ask anything according to --HIS  WILL  HE  HEARETH  US--

--5:15-- and if we know that HE hear us whatsoever we ask we know that we have the petititions that we desired of him

JOHN 14:14  IF  YOU  SHALL  ASK  ANYTHING  IN  MY  NAME  I  WILL  DO  IT

JOHN 14:15 if you love me keep my commandments

can we not therefore ask to be --obedient to HIM--and to please HIM--and to keep HIS commandments--and that we would be worthy of the kingdom of heaven--and ask that there would be laborers for the harvest--and ask that the leaders of the world would submit themselves to GOD....

JOHN 15:5  I  AM  THE  VINE  YOU  ARE  THE  BRANCHES  HE  ---THAT  ABIDETH  IN  ME--- AND  I  IN  HIM  THE  SAME  BRINGETH  FORTH  MUCH  FRUIT  -----FOR  WITHOUT  ME  YOU  CAN  DO  NOTHING-----

PHILIPPIANS 4:13  I can do all things --THROUGH  CHRIST--which strengtheneth me 

LUKE 1:37  for with  GOD  nothing shall be impossible 

*******PSALM 46:10  BE  STILL  AND  KNOW  THAT  --I  AM  GOD--  I  WILL  BE  EXALTED  AMONG  THE  HEATHEN  I  WILL  BE  EXALTED  IN  THE  EARTH*******

ISAIAH 45:22  LOOK  UNTO  ME  AND  BE  YOU  SAVED  ALL  THE  ENDS  OF  THE  EARTH  FOR  --I  AM  GOD--  AND  THERE  IS  NONE  ELSE   

2 TIMOTHY 3:17  that the man of  GOD  may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto ---ALL  GOOD  WORKS---

PROVERBS 28:9 he that turneth away his ear from hearing the law ---even his prayer shall be abomination---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

Edited by steve morrow

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

@Tigger56   

No problem brother, …my work and my life often interfere with my computer time.

This is going to be long, but I have answered every question and verse you have quoted.

Yes the Bible is “divided” into different portions, …there is the Pentateuch, History, Wisdom, Major and Minor Prophets, Gospels and Acts, Letters to the Church and Revelation. Just because the Books of our Bible are “assembled” in this fashion/order doesn’t mean It’s any “less” of the Word of God, the “Books” are all “inspired” by God, …literally God breathed 2 Tim 3:16.

Col 2:16, …do NOT judge, …but this Forum is full of Sabbath “keepers” that “judge” those who go to Church on Sunday.  

1 Cor 16:8, …surely you know Pentecost falls on a Sunday? 

1 Cor 5:8, …talks about “feasts,” Passover was NOT on a Saturday. 

Heb 4:4, …speaks of God resting on the seventh day, NOT man or His church. 

1 John 5:2, 5:3, 2:3, 3:24, must be understood and taken in their “correct” context by these verses:

Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.  1 John 2:7-8

What is the NEW COMMANDMENT that they had heard from the “beginning” of their time spent with Jesus?

A new commandment I (Jesus) give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. John 13 :34

Question is? do you believe what Jesus “said” to them about “HIS” …NEW COMMANDMENT of LOVE…

Rev 14:12, …is speaking about the Tribulation “saints,” NOT the Church. 

22:14, …Jesus is talking about ALL who will be “in” Heaven, Old Testament Saints that kept the Law for centuries before Moses the Lawgiver, the Church Age saints who “kept” the “new” commandment of LOVE that Jesus gave them, and the Trib saints that “kept” the “new” Law which Jesus had given to His Church. 

Once again, you have not given verses, "in" their correct Scriptural context, “proof” that the Church is “required” to keep the seventh day Sabbath. 

As for not being able to prove from Scripture the Church assembled on Sunday,

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. Acts 20:7

Is not the first day of the week Sunday? …the Holy Spirit tells us they assembled for “church to take Communion and Paul taught a Bible Study, …no?

Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. 1 Cor 16:2

The Corinthian Church was following the example that Paul had used in Troas, He had arrived there seven days earlier, …that means he was there on the Sabbath, the Church in Troas didn’t assemble on the Sabbath, they met on the first day of the week, that would have been 6:00 PM Saturday night until 6:00 PM Sunday night!

We know it was at night because there were many lights, oil lamps lit which create a lot of heat, Eutychus was probably sitting in the open window to try and “escape” the heat, but fell asleep and fell to his death around midnight, Paul “fell” on him and brought him back to life which would of made quite an commotion in the Church, …since Paul had their attention, to say the least (evidently Paul left Troas the first time he visited them shortly after seeing the man in Macedonia calling him in a vision), …he taught all night, departing for Assos in the morning on foot, rather than on a ship with Luke and the others in the group.

There you go dear brother, no Scriptural proof the Church was to assemble on the Sabbath and Scriptural proof, according to Jesus Matt18:16, …by the mouth of two or three witnesses let everything be established.

The “two” mouths are the Holy Spirit repeating John 14:26 what He heard Jesus say, …that means ”JESUS”, not some man or woman “established” His Church meeting on Sunday, …on 8th Day, the DAY of His Resurrection, …the DAY of NEW beginnings!

But dear brother, you go ahead and assemble on the Sabbath, …please, …just stop “judging” us and trying to “teach” us Sunday Worshipers we are wrong when the Scriptures prove us right.

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

In regards to the first question, I believe God prefers us to do what he commands us to do which is keep the Sabbath day. You indicate that obeying God's commandments is a great thing, yet... please be honest here, you probably try to keep all of them without excuse and justification except for the 4th one, then you have to justify why you change that one.  The biggest mistake you make is the belief that you can't have the supremacy of our Savior Jesus and keep the commandments, in this you are mistaken. Can I recommend that you read Revelation 22:14, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 12:17 and all of I John. It gives a different perspective.  I do want to thank you for a thoughtful response in your last post. Always more enjoyable without anger. 

Paul makes it clear that fussing and fretting over Certain Days and Sabbaths are for “ weak” Believers.....If you choose to be a “ Weak Christian”—- have at it! Just don’t attempt to make “ me” one! God knows your heart, and He knows if you are doing it from a sincere attempt to please Him, He is cool with it.

If you go a step further and say that one must obey the Sabbath Law to be Saved, we got a real problem.The Blood Of Jesus is the ONLY thing that saves anybody.The Gospel Of Grace says that if you REST in the Promise Of God that says if you Simply Believe that Jesus died for your Sins and rose from the dead , you WILL be saved.....if you add ANYTHING to that Gospel Of PURE GRACE, you are NOT RESTING in it.Hebrews 3 declares if you Do not REST in the Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4) you are in a state of DISOBEDIENCE and UNBELIEF .Serious accusations, indeed! Adding to the Gospel Of Grace is not a thing to be taken lightly—- even if sounds good.Setting aside a day to rest from working and dedicating that day as a day to focus on the things of God is a great idea— do it and enjoy it if it makes you feel good.....just don’t try to force your convictions on us Christians who are “ strong”in the Faith who understand that RESTING in the FINISHED WORK of the Cross is what any kind of “ Sabbathing” has been pointing to all along. Jesus Himself is the True Sabbath.....Don’t find yourself worshipping the shadow instead of the One who cast the shadow....

One other thing to consider —- If you attempt to single out one law that must be kept to get you Saved or keep you  Saved, you will be held accountable to keep ALL the Law......James made no exception for the Sabbath Law.....God Bless.....

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DECEPTION ???  FIRST -- NOT ONLY     SCRIPTURES-- NOT SCRIPTURE

1 CORINTHIANS 15:3 for I delivered unto you --FIRST--of--ALL--that which I also received how that CHRIST died for our sins according to --THE SCRIPTURES--

2 CORINTHIANS 4:1  therefore seeing we have this ministry as we have received mercy we faint not  --4:2-- but have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty not walking in craftiness --- NOR  HANDLING  THE  WORD  OF  GOD  DECEITFULLY ---but by manifestation of the --TRUTH-- commending ourselves to every mans conscience in the sight of GOD 

2 TIMOTHY 3:15  and that from a child thou hast known the holy --SCRIPTURES-- which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in CHRIST  JESUS 

*******HEBREWS 12:24  BUT  THIS  MAN  BECAUSE  HE  CONTINUETH  EVER  HATH  AN  UNCHANGEABLE  PRIESTHOOD*******

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JOHN 5:34  BUT  I  RECEIVE  NOT  TESTIMONY  FROM  --MAN--  BUT  THESE  THINGS  I  SAY  THAT  YOU  MIGHT  BE  SAVED 

ACTS 11:14  WHO  SHALL  TELL  THEE  WORDS  WHEREBY  THOU  AND  ALL  THY  HOUSE  SHALL  BE  SAVED 

2 THESSALONIANS 2:10  AND  WITH  ALL  DECEIVEABLENESS  OF  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  IN  ---THEM  THAT  PERISH--- BECAUSE  THEY  RECIEVED  NOT  THE  LOVE  OF  THE  TRUTH  THAT  THEY  MIGHT  SAVED 

ROMANS 1:18  FOR  THE  WRATH  OF  GOD  IS  REVEALED  FROM  HEAVEN  AGAINST  ALL  UNGODLINESS  AND  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS  OF  MEN  WHO  HOLD  THE  TRUTH  IN  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the fathers a prophet shall  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me --HIM-- shall you hear in --ALL  THINGS--whatsoever --HE-- shall say unto you  --3:23-- and it shall come to pass that --EVERY  SOUL  WHICH  WILL  NOT  HEAR  THAT  PROPHET-- SHALL  BE--DESTROYED--FROM  AMONG  THE  PEOPLE 

LUKE 4:4  and JESUS answered him saying it is written that man --SHALL  NOT  LIVE--by bread alone--BUT  BY  EVERY  WORD  OF  GOD--

EZEKIEL 18:32  for I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth saith THE  LORD  GOD ---WHEREFORE  TURN  YOUESELVES  AND  LIVE  YE---

JOHN 8:43 WHY  DO  YOU  NOT  UNDERSTAND  MY  SPEECH  EVEN  BECAUSE  YOU  CANNOT  HEAR  MY WORD

2 PETER 2:21  for it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than after they have known it to turn from --THE  HOLY  COMMANDMENT-- delivered unto them  --2:22-- but it is happened unto them according to the true proverb --THE  DOG  IS  TURNED  TO  HIS  OWN  VOMIT  --AGAIN-- and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire 

2 JOHN 1:4  I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth as we have received --A  COMMANDMENT  FROM  THE  FATHER--

2 CORINTHIANS 13:8  FOR  WE  CAN  DO  NOTHING  AGAINST  THE TRUTH  BUT  FOR  THE  TRUTH

JOHN 8:47  he that is of  GOD  heareth  GODS  WORDS  you therefore hear them not ---BECAUSE  YOU  ARE  NOT  OF  GOD---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST