• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

That's the reason I stay away from bible scholars. I'm not sure what leads them to 'in' as the Greek word is where we get the prefix for 'epidermis'. It's a covering, so it would be 'on' like our skin, it covers our body. It's possible some of the older translations suffered from popular concepts of the day. Maybe they were thinking of 'inclusion' and not 'surrounded by'. So in the mind of the translators of years past they could be thinking 'including the mark with the head or hand' and not infusing with the skin, like a tattoo.

The Greek 'epi' is unequivocal; it's 'on' or 'upon' and I cannot find a case where it's used as the idea of an indelible mark in the skin.

Tatoo?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Diaste said:

That's the reason I stay away from bible scholars. I'm not sure what leads them to 'in' as the Greek word is where we get the prefix for 'epidermis'. It's a covering, so it would be 'on' like our skin, it covers our body. It's possible some of the older translations suffered from popular concepts of the day. Maybe they were thinking of 'inclusion' and not 'surrounded by'. So in the mind of the translators of years past they could be thinking 'including the mark with the head or hand' and not infusing with the skin, like a tattoo.

The Greek 'epi' is unequivocal; it's 'on' or 'upon' and I cannot find a case where it's used as the idea of an indelible mark in the skin.

Thinking between the difference of "in" and "on", and what I'm presently seeing going on; and the technological world of how the Antichrist can control all buying and selling, etc. I'm leaning towards an implant under the skin for a myriad of reasons. Speed, convenience, accountability, security, fast micro injection, GPS tracking, theft protection, identity theft, health and allergic information in you, your financial information and identity, eliminate passports, potential automatic health / disease monitoring, etc. etc. 

These micro RFID chips have already become the norm in tracking, inventory, ordering and shipment of products and goods; and bypassing weigh station interstate and sea port inspections. No need to discuss the popularity of cattle and pets getting chipped.

A number of major companies made it mandatory for employees to get micro chipped in the hand, for security and access reasons. Fortunately at present, the SCOTUS has ruled employers must provide and alternate external means to accomplish their objectives [that could change at any time]. 

With my preceding thoughts, I also understand an invisible tattoo only seen with UV light is also in the realm of possibilities, doing the same as the aforementioned. At any rate, whatever it turns out to be, it seems obvious everyone on earth [save those whom accepted the Lord as their Savior] will receive their own personal identifier, and marking them and damning them.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The connection to the right hand and forehead may have something to do with the body temperature. Some time ago I came across an article (may still be able to find it on the internet), that the most ideal place for a microchip implant would be the right hand or the forehead, something to do with the body temperature.

With the mark of the beast, when you break it down, looking at the verses concerned Rev 13:16-17, now prior to accepting the mark of the beast, where are they? The people concerned?

So before accepting this mark, it stands to reason there has to be some kind of event that prevents people from going out either to buy what they need, or going to their jobs. The question is, what kind of event is going to lead people to eventually get the mark of the beast?

Look what is happening in the world today  with this corona virus, so much chaos, and the thing is, when read in the proper context, their is only one thing I can really think of that can affect everybody, regardless whether a person is wealthy or not, whether a person is in a position of power or just a everyday ordinary citizen, the only thing I can think of that affects everybody is a disease outbreak of some kind.

The question is, is the mark of the beast going to become a requirement due to some kind of major disease outbreak?

Edited by The_Truth_Seeker

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

At any rate, whatever it turns out to be, it seems obvious everyone on earth [save those whom accepted the Lord as their Savior] will receive their own personal identifier, and marking them and damning them.

Yep. 

So I did a little math some time ago. A billion seconds equals 35 years. If one could do anything per second, one billion times, it would take 35 years. It seems improbable to me implanting or tattooing by central planning will be the way it's done. I ponder the level of mass panic during this time when the herd realizes it cannot feed or drink without the mark. One week without water and a person dies. 

This is one of the reasons why I'm convinced it's a wristband or a bandanna made by the individual. They're motivated, can't eat or drink. Another reason I think this is because it's a personal choice. Government mandated and issued is by force and no one has to take the mark. 

20 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Tatoo?

I'm thinking it's whatever each individual comes up with. Since the mark is an openly received individual choice so too is how it's displayed. It's a logistical nightmare to tattoo at a central hub. There are 7 tattoo shops where I live and about 55,000 people; 7800 people per shop. That is horrifying to contemplate. Maybe that's what it is but I don't think so. 

22 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I was thinking more along the lines of "the associates" being those who are working behind the scenes to setup the conditions that will facilitate the mark, not necessarily those who accept it.  Victory over the mark is the same as victory over those who set it up.  Those who set it up are doing so for him.  They are his group, his number.  That's the understanding of "the number of his name" that I've been mulling over.

Certainly possible. There is no doubt there will be physical interactions of the worst kind. I understand what you are saying, 'numbered with him'. Of him and behind the scenes. I just don't think it's going to play out in any familiar mechanism. It's our only frame of reference so it seems plausible. I think a great deal of new and different things are about to occur.

Imagine if it is just the Axis of Evil and they wield mighty personal power, enough to take all authority unto themselves without the help or assistance of anyone. I know, I know, it's a fantasy Sci-Fi script.

It's like I see apparent natural disasters pushing the world to a central authority that has somehow gained control of all resources. Would that require a vast infrastructure? A conspiracy both deep and wide? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it's godlike supernatural power, or at least the appearance of it, that rounds up the herd.

6 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

The connection to the right hand and forehead may have something to do with the body temperature. Some time ago I came across an article (may still be able to find it on the internet), that the most ideal place for a microchip implant would be the right hand or the forehead, something to do with the body temperature.

With the mark of the beast, when you break it down, looking at the verses concerned Rev 13:16-17, now prior to accepting the mark of the beast, where are they? The people concerned?

So before accepting this mark, it stands to reason there has to be some kind of event that prevents people from going out either to buy what they need, or going to their jobs. The question is, what kind of event is going to lead people to eventually get the mark of the beast?

Look what is happening in the world today  with this corona virus, so much chaos, and the thing is, when read in the proper context, their is only one thing I can really think of that can affect everybody, regardless whether a person is wealthy or not, whether a person is in a position of power or just a everyday ordinary citizen, the only thing I can think of that affects everybody is a disease outbreak of some kind.

The question is, is the mark of the beast going to become a requirement due to some kind of major disease outbreak?

More speculation on my part...

If my hermeneutics are correct, this mark will not be required until mid tribulation, when the AC defiles the Temple and declares himself god. That only leaves 3 1/2 years of the tribulation left; so it stands to reason whatever it turns out to be, it will have to be pre-planned, coordinated and readily available for mass implementation. No one will get this 'mark' by mistake, they will know full well what it means, as loyalty and worship of the Antichrist is associated with receiving it.

Like you implied, some type of crises or outbreak must be occurring. Well, given the timing of when this mark is required, disease, war and famine has been around a while already prior to and during that time period. Everyone who receives this mark will breakout with painful sores, those that accepted Christ will not. Unless this is directly from God, it sounds like there's a flaw with this object and the body is rejecting its presence; which might lead to how it is powered if it's an implanted micro chip. It's feasible it could be powered by body heat with the chemical process of producing current, or a miniature battery leakage of some sort? I can't imagine anything external to the body that can be removed causing these symptoms.

Numbers: Numbers are associated with the Antichrist and those that receive the mark. Even today the world runs on numbers; no one in our technological world today can legitimately function without a number of some sort. Ninety-five percent of all global transactions are done electronically [cashless]. Here in the U.S. most get their paychecks, refunds and retirements by mandatory electronic deposit. Try opening a checking account, get a loan, by a house, get a doctor / dentist appointment and myriad of other things without a SSAN.

Cashless society: The only possible way a single person could control all buying and selling is to do away with fiat currency and implement a computerized electronic tracking system. Now we're back to numbers again and personal secure identifiers. Can something "on" the body be stolen and misused easily? Can something "in" the body be easily stolen or misused? Do we see the technology, experimentation and implementation of such going on today?

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Do we see the technology, experimentation and implementation of such going on today?

And what if a virus cure is offered that has a few 'additions', will we all take 'the cure' I wonder...?

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

And what if a virus cure is offered that has a few 'additions', will we all take 'the cure' I wonder...?

I don't know how much if any is true but; I've heard the co-founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates involvement in immunizations is very suspicious? 

I suspect one day in the near future, an immunization will claim to do more than just protect a person from one particular disease. You've read enough of my tripe to know my thoughts :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

i would hope it would depend on whether or not there was worship or some pledge to become some kind of follower...

I would think it a tragedy to not get well over a bogus fear of the beast.....

• Thumbs Up 1