• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

43 minutes ago, worriedwife69 said:

I'm so sorry about your cancer as well. Will you nerve damage come back? We have heard some can some may be permanent and if it does it takes a long time. It's just so hard to know if it's from the chemo or not. I am so sorry for what you are going through, I can't imagine. I just know that my husband will not deal with it well if he can't use his hands or if he can't walk well. I am scared He has an appointment with his neurologist this week. please pray for good answers and something that will give him hope. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers for your situation. I had to go back to work because we couldn't afford for me to remain off any longer. I work from home but it's hard sometimes when he isn't in a good mood that I have to be here and listen to it but I remain hopeful and positive and have faith Jesus is at work in his and my life. Thank you

It may come back but for me it isnt too likely. The pill I have to take for the next 5 yrs causes problems in the hands. I play an instrument and do artsy stuff. Quilting is out of the question for me now. That may be a problem for me. Along with the chronic pain. But the cancer is gone. 

It is hard to accept a new reality. Accepting his new limitations and learning to adjust to them is frustrating. 

What kind of work does he do?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It may come back but for me it isnt too likely. The pill I have to take for the next 5 yrs causes problems in the hands. I play an instrument and do artsy stuff. Quilting is out of the question for me now. That may be a problem for me. Along with the chronic pain. But the cancer is gone. 

It is hard to accept a new reality. Accepting his new limitations and learning to adjust to them is frustrating. 

What kind of work does he do?

OH but praise the LORD the cancer is gone .     Yep .   REJOICE IN THE LORD SISTER .     REJOICE IN THE LORD .

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH but praise the LORD the cancer is gone .     Yep .   REJOICE IN THE LORD SISTER .     REJOICE IN THE LORD .

I do rejoice, especially when I feel whiney about the new me.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, JohnD said:

I have prayed for you.

Thank you so much!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

12 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I do rejoice, especially when I feel whiney about the new me.

Thank you, I am so thankful that we were lead to a new doctor or the cancer never would have been found. I am thankful he had surgery to remove it, but it's hard to not let that fear go that there is a fairly high chance it can return or come back some place else. He was not able to to one of the chemos due to the severity of the nerve damage it could cause and he already had nerve issues. My husband didn't think quality of life with the chemo and not being able to use his hands or walk was a risk he wanted to take.I know it's all in God's hands and there are so many things I am thankful for.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

Praying for you, friend.

You are courageous and strong, even through the worrisome times.  Remind yourself that worry only comes from fear.  Fear does not come from God, so be assured He is always with you, no matter the situation or your anxiousness. Continue to express gratitude to our Savior in everything by prayer and heartfelt requests.  Know that His peace is far beyond our understanding and that peace will be with you in your heart and soul. 

-- Michelle

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,769
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

I don't know if his doctors have already mentioned this, but diet is very important. Consume more cruciferous vegetables, fruits, and fish, while consuming less red meat, and especially eliminate cold cuts and bacon.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 2/24/2020 at 5:16 PM, worriedwife69 said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I worry more not only for his salvation but just his declining health and what it will do to him. He is not a positive person and that scares me. I know I need to rely on God and I do but it still his hard. It didn't help today at his chemo treatment, they had issues with his port and it ended up taking way longer and he was so frustrated, but he got there and got it done.

The comfort God provides for us in this

2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

as we pray for this we know that we have The Heart of God also in this matter …. Prayed... Love, Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

worriedwife69

Thank you for letting us know your concerns.  As others have hinted there is a lot we do not know and maybe you are uncomfortable saying more than you have, but these are things you probably have shared with your doctors or should.  As the effects of the chemo fade, I hope the tingling also fades and so, your worry.  It is wonderful your husband has you to care and share his fears. God will hear the incense of His people in this.  This may not be helpful, but I too have had years of nerve damage causing pain and tingling but I have not lost control of any limbs.  If you can constrain your fears to those the doctors tell you should be a concern, your life will be more peaceful.  Become involved with others who have battled or conquered these physical trials so you have a reason to be hopeful.

-Pv-