• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

So, before God chooses us to salvation,  ".... There is none that seekers after God." Romans 3:11. 

Do Me a favor and look up the definition of "whosoever" in John 3:16

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?page=7&strongs=G3956&t=KJV#lexResults

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

People fear Corona but they don't fear God n follow Jesus, what can i say ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

God took out His Anger on His Son so that He could extend His Love to all that Believe......

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I think it is important at this time that we don't hit people too hard with the theological words and biblical passages that will seem condemning. People are already concerned and worried. Some are close to snapping, in time many more will be.

Although it may be understood by us here; I think if we approach people using the language the OP is using we will have people thinking we are condemning them, in fact based on some of the responses I have seen in this post some of us are thinking this ourselves.......and we know something about our loving God.

We need to be mindful that we are sharing the hope we have in Jesus based on the love and forgiveness he has shown us.

Use what we know from the bible to indicate that this and so much more is expected by us because the bible has shown us this..... that bible prophecy has an accurate track record, and that we can trust that what we learn from it is true.

The best thing we learn from the bible is the significance of Jesus and what he offers every one of us.

Put that pebble in their shoe (that may be all you are asked to do) and save the heavy theology for God 401 when they are able to consume it.

Lets not scare people into learning about a God that condemns, lets share about a God that loves

Lets give hope in a time when people are looking for hope, in a time when the short life of the material world is coming into focus.

Peace and Blessings

Edited by Mike 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

49 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

I think it is important at this time that we don't hit people too hard with the theological words and biblical passages that will seem condemning. People are already concerned and worried. Some are close to snapping, in time many more will be.

Although it may be understood by us here; I think if we approach people using the language the OP is using we will have people thinking we are condemning them, in fact based on some of the responses I have seen in this post some of us are thinking this ourselves.......and we know something about our loving God.

We need to be mindful that we are sharing the hope we have in Jesus based on the love and forgiveness he has shown us.

Use what we know from the bible to indicate that this and so much more is expected by us because the bible has shown us this..... that bible prophecy has an accurate track record, and that we can trust that what we learn from it is true.

The best thing we learn from the bible is the significance of Jesus and what he offers every one of us.

Put that pebble in their shoe (that may be all you are asked to do) and save the heavy theology for God 401 when they are able to consume it.

Lets not scare people into learning about a God that condemns, lets share about a God that loves

Lets give hope in a time when people are looking for hope, in a time when the short life of the material world is coming into focus.

Peace and Blessings

Jesus speaking and read what warning he had to give.

Yet there is no man who is more loving, merciful or compassion than Christ

Luke10:8-16 

And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: and heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

36Truly I tell you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling! 38Look, your house is left to you desolate.…

GOD is LOVE TRUE!

GOD is also  A CONSUMING FIRE

Edited by vic66
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

4 hours ago, vic66 said:

Jesus speaking and read what warning he had to give.

Yet there is no man who is more loving, merciful or compassion than Christ

Luke10:8-16 

And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you: and heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

36Truly I tell you, all these things will come upon this generation. 37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling! 38Look, your house is left to you desolate.…

GOD is LOVE TRUE!

GOD is also  A CONSUMING FIRE

This is a city/ culture he was talking about not an individual like so many of us will encounter.

It would be pretty amazing to go into a city and not find anyone seeking God.

I think you will agree that in the passage you have quoted the disciples started out with the love thing

Edited by Mike 2
  • Well Said! 1

On 3/20/2020 at 1:16 AM, Mike 2 said:

This is a city/ culture he was talking about not an individual like so many of us will encounter.

It would be pretty amazing to go into a city and not find anyone seeking God.

I think you will agree that in the passage you have quoted the disciples started out with the love thing

(The disciples started with love)

We can warn and also show love,mercy and grace!

Christ show these cities the judgement that was to come for rejecting the preaching of the gospel

Edited by vic66

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, vic66 said:

Christ show these city these cities of judgement that was come for rejecting the preaching of the gospel

There, you have said it, ...that is the "context" as Jesus intended it to be understood!

Our God is a consuming fire...

CORRECT, ...in the lives of His children to refine and purify them for Heaven and the Eternity to come...

And unfortunately "will be," in the future, ...for all who have rejected His Salvation, ...those who will be cast into the Lake of fire for all of Eternity... 

I'm so grateful and ask my Father to "consume" all of the old man still hanging on in me every day, first thing in the morning, ...but His "consuming" fire is Love, His Love for me, ...it doesn't burn me, ...it cleanses me, ...and the more I'm cleansed, the more the Holy Spirit is doing His job of "conforming" me into the "image" of my Lord, ...my Master!

There is a teaching where Jesus restored the sight of a blind man and then asked him what did he see, ...he said his vision was blurry, ...so Jesus touched him again, ...that's how it is with me when the holy fire of the Holy Spirit "consumes" a part of my old Adamic "carnal" nature, ...I can "see" my Jesus more clearly and it causes me to Love Him all the more...

We love Him because He first loved us!  Selah

The "only" love we humans can show is "eros" and "phileo," ...fleshly desires and friendship, ...God's Love is Agape, a "self-sacrificing" Love and "only" God possess it, ...however, in the above verse our Love towards/for God is "Agape," ...that means, ...God so Loved us He gave us (sound familiar?) His Agape love to Love Him back, ...as mortals when we truly love someone we say our loves for them grows, but it only "grows" in friendship love, ...as Father gives us His Agape Love to love Him back, ...we plead with Him, ...take all of me, consume me completely, not from some fleshly desire or as a best friend, but, I will sacrifice my life for You because, ...I - LOVE - YOU!!! 

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My thought on Coronavirus is for the people of God to wake up.  In fact this whole earth needs to wake up to God's supremacy.  I believe as Christians, more than ever, we should cleave unto Jesus Christ.  Lately, as I been drawing close to Christ during this time he has been speaking to me about his judgement and peoples repentance of sin.  II Chronicles 7:14.  God will heal our land if we repent and turn from our wicked ways.  I believe this is the time for all of us to come together in unity of Christ and trust that God is in control.  I live in New York State and it is really bad up here.  I am confined to staying at home however it is a great opportunity to seek God more than ever.  I also want to share a scripture that God has recently given me " Even if they burrow into Sheol, from there my hand will find them.  Even if they ascend to the heavens from there I will bring them down" Amos Chapter 9  No escape from Gods Judgement. 

Blackhorse

7 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

"how about you, ...looking back on your life before Christ, ...can't you see the many times He intervened in your life in His Mercy and Grace?"

Yes, and Amen to that. I do believe that God does protect His chosen even before He saves them. In this world it may appear that the wicked are being blessed but everything that they've lusted after will come to an end. They never knew Him.

Yes I also understand italics. But if you just compare verses of how the wicked is being viewed by God you can see that His wrath is upon them so yeah He is angry with them every day....I believe the translators got it right.

Amen brother God is angry with the wicked for remaining in sin and not accepting his free gift Christ the hope of glory.

Yet he God is long suffering  and patient not willing that any should  perish.

God was angry with David for committing adultery with bathsheba uriah's wife. God was also angry with king David for slaying righteous uriah and the men besides him in battle. David used cunning craftiness to cover his sins and thought he got away with it. NO WAY  God spoke to Nathan about David action and Nathan confronted the King Daivd boldly. David finally acknowledged his sin, confessed, humbled himself before God and prayed for pardon.

God showed more compassion then any manward, towards a murderer and wife stealer. Forgiveness when David deserved death and eternal judgement.

Most men would have just killed David for what he did after all he deserved it. But God eternal purpose and love shined through. now many generations can see both Goodness, mercy, love and severity of God.

Edited by vic66
  • Thumbs Up 1