• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

9 hours ago, other one said:

I can assure you that with this post anyway and that emoji, the very last thing on my mind was building up trust.   LoL    I would warn everyone not to fill out surveys on line for in the midst of most of them are the questions that people ask you for identification questions.....      and if it's political there is always the request for money

And as you are here for a while you will understand that in almost all cases you are welcome to take anything I say or post and ponder on it.....   and your accepting or rejecting it is basically no big deal to me....    I am secure enough in myself that your opinion of me really doesn't matter although it is kind of pleasant to be appreciated occasionally.

and on a side note, I have a tendency to occasionally enjoy frivolity....    just for the fun of it...

No problem, and i personally do not criticize anyone for being a survivalist if that's what you feel is the thing to do, as long as you are not being an alarmist at the same time. :runforhills: But that emoji just seems like you are almost making light of this situation, but hey if that's how you see it then fine. I just don't think it's something we should have a told you so attitude about since people who are ill-prepared for this thing are already regretting it enough. And whoever used to make fun of those survivalist types are maybe feeling a bit embarrassed now for doing so, or either just too worried about trying to make it through this to even think about that? But my step-dad recently was given a large amount of canned goods from his brother who had been hoarding up for many years, the only problem was they were all out of date by at least 3 years, some even back to 2010-11. And even though canned food can still be good far beyond expiration dates, you just don't know until you try it, and it also depends on what kind of food it is. So just because you were prepared for the worst 20 years ago may not mean much now, and anyone can be right about something, eventually. And btw, i also know what it means to not be appreciated!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

No problem, and i personally do not criticize anyone for being a survivalist if that's what you feel is the thing to do, as long as you are not being an alarmist at the same time. :runforhills: But that emoji just seems like you are almost making light of this situation, but hey if that's how you see it then fine. I just don't think it's something we should have a told you so attitude about since people who are ill-prepared for this thing are already regretting it enough. And whoever used to make fun of those survivalist types are maybe feeling a bit embarrassed now for doing so, or either just too worried about trying to make it through this to even think about that? But my step-dad recently was given a large amount of canned goods from his brother who had been hoarding up for many years, the only problem was they were all out of date by at least 3 years, some even back to 2010-11. And even though canned food can still be good far beyond expiration dates, you just don't know until you try it, and it also depends on what kind of food it is. So just because you were prepared for the worst 20 years ago may not mean much now, and anyone can be right about something, eventually. And btw, i also know what it means to not be appreciated!

People who know me know that I was really making light of it...    not that the subject of survival is not serious but my take on how they reacted to be about my putting back....  rather trying not to be really tacky about it....    if I wanted to be really serious about it a whole different emoji would be in place:

dorothy.jpg

about the only thing I've used this on is occasionally when I get bothered when someone steals my last (a whole different rabbit hole of frivolousness)  

BTW my survival food is all packaged to last 30 years...   and if I don't need it in that time period it goes into the trash and I thank God I didn't need it.   

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Here in Ontario, Canada, the province is going to a total shutdown for two week , starting tonight .  All non-essential business and services will have to stop .   Our company is listed  as essential service by the government.   So, I may have to work through all of this .    

India, a country with a population of 1.3 billion people has taken the steps for a full lockdown.  Just read this in the news, so not sure if true of false.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Content Count:  33,028
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

we are supposed to be on lockdown NO one is supposed to be out other than essential services so the couple across the road are having new windows and a new kitchen fitted and naturally they are all keeping 6 foot away from each other NOT  :foot-stomp: and then they wonder why this is going on for so long No groups allowed to gather, anyone not belonging to the same family ( ie living in the same house ) is not allowed to be near more than ONE other person so those 5 builders and the 3 kitchen fitters must live in a very large and strange household :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Sounds not good. Its a bad sign as the word says food prices will go through the roof. Bible talks of a just weight. Watch for legislation. who can buy and who cannot. That means you will half to have a mark.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Content Count:  33,028
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  236
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

NEVER my eternity is worth far more than a life here for a few years :emot-highfive:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

1 minute ago, ladypeartree said:

NEVER my eternity is worth far more than a life here for a few years :emot-highfive:

Give me silver and gold thats been tried in tried the fire.

Read Daniel 7; 25 and then Rev 15: 2 Jesus said pray that you be counted worthy to escape these things coming upon the earth. This means the wrath  of God after giving your life For your unshakable faith in Christ. There will be a terrible testing by the antichrist before Christ comes for His bride. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 1

On the eve of Ontario, Canada lockdown, I went to the grocery to pick up a few perishables, milk ect.  What a surprise, many many shelves were empty and I mean empty.  There is food, but the luxury of choice buying is disappearing.  The deli dept was totally out, bread, very little, milk still there but no skim milk which is what I use.  

I hope this was just panic buying  and not the norm.  This was a more pricey grocery , so I guess my cheaper local one may be fearing worst, not sure though.  

Lots of people would not be working from tomorrow, so the belt is tightening here.  Already driving to work for the last week was a breeze as the road was clear.   

Keep safe saints and keep sending those testimonies to families even though you know they rejected or ignored you in the past.   

2 Corinthians 4 King James Version (KJV)

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

8 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Sounds not good. Its a bad sign as the word says food prices will go through the roof. Bible talks of a just weight. Watch for legislation. who can buy and who cannot. That means you will half to have a mark.

Eventually, everyone will have to comply with the measures imposed on them.  As of now, it is for benefit of all as it told by the experts.  If this persist, then yes then the runner up to the mark would be in place.  Those that has given their lives to Christ, need not fear and know that as a believer this situation could happen at any time in their lifetime, thus his heart has to always be prepared.   

As events unfold, we are not to run out and buy guns ect., but keep focused on the things above.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

There is a lot of price gouging going around. I person hoards a bunch of toilet paper and sells it at a very high price. 

• Thanks 1