warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Have not been to the grocery in two days, so don't know what is taking place with stocks .  

What I see here, in my part of Toronto, a lot of people are home as the traffic is significantly lower than usual, but part of that can be it's March break and I guess parents has to find ways to entertain their kids in and around where they can.  Businesses are shutting down increasingly as SOCIAL DISTANCING is being stressed and encouraged here.  All the staff where I work who can work from home are doing so now. 

The place is really looking like an apocalyptic movie minus the physical destruction.  Driving by, most restaurants and takeout place has the chairs on the tables and only takeout or drive trus are operating.  Most places now are posting letters asking customers to pay by credit or debit card.  So things are heating up in that front.  

People living in apartment buildings can only do so much in terms of preparations.  Security is our entrance door and that's it.  

Keep safe and keep your heart fixed on the one who is able to keep and help us in our weakness and times of trials.  

Let the scripture verse below, register deeply in this time of trial and testings.  Amen.

Matthew 10 King James Version (KJV)

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Edited by warrior12
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I haven't been for a week, but there are a couple of things we need to I'll go see what's happening here...   assuming they are even open today...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I drive a truck. America is ok. If you have lost your job, apply for unemployment benefits. I’m not political but things are ok. I see with my own eyes it’s ok in America. If you’re recently laid off, enough money is available to you. For your necessities only. Fair and faithful from the rest of us. I am fine. 

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,074
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  240
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

toilet paper is beginning to come back into shops ( wonder how long some people have stocked up for lol ) Paracetamol is in very short supply and there doesn't appear to be any flour anywhere at the moment Most shops are rationing to stop ( or try to ) the panic buying but shelves that are normally bursting are very very empty Schools are closed to normal pupils from Monday but are still open to children of key workers and those deemed in danger so although lots of teachers have children they cant send them to school  but have to go into work themselves Hand soap is another thing that is missing but strangely enough you can get bubble bath and shower gel so people cant have worked out that you can use those for washing hands :emot-fail:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,722
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Debp said:

...someone told me raw garlic kills viruses....I believe this is true. 

That was the organic garlic farmer.  <_<

My healthy eating aunt received organic garlic by the bushel shipped to her each month from her lifelong farmer friend at Washington State. She thought it would control high blood pressure and so she ate it everyday.

Her body smelled like a garlic. She died of a stroke. Actually she lived paralyzed for two years and finally  gave up the ghost.

People say a lot of things, and a lot of people die because they believe it to be so.

My aunt could have taken a simple pill each say, but dang if she was going to support "big pharma". Bit of a shame.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not making light of any of this but...

Compared to our forefathers of 50, 100 and more years ago, would you say we have become soft and dependent? Because of our modern technologies of medicine, air conditioning and refrigeration, fast & easy transportation, grocery shelves overflowing, electricity, everything handed to us, etc. [the life of Riley]. Now a wrench has been thrown into the wheel with something this generation has never before experienced, having difficulty dealing with it, with panic just around the corner. 

Compared to the 1918 Spanish Flu, which none of us here experienced, so far this corona virus is just a sneeze. Sure, people are dying from it and it should not be taken lightly but. As a civilized society, a standard of living beyond anyone else in the world...

The Lord is in control; it's appointed men once to die, and then the judgment. We know not when, where or how the Lord will call us home; it's appointed according to His will and purpose. ALL things work for good to those that love Him.

Ah, maybe I'd better just leave it at that...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

18 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I drive a truck. America is ok. If you have lost your job, apply for unemployment benefits. I’m not political but things are ok. I see with my own eyes it’s ok in America. If you’re recently laid off, enough money is available to you. For your necessities only. Fair and faithful from the rest of us. I am fine. 

This is reassuring news for people at large even with the news of 70 million people on lockdown in 4 states in the USA. Yes, this is a crisis and one that most people living have not seen anything close to, but we have a book, which is the word of God that foretold about things to come, i.e the Bible.

We were also told not to be alarmed , but to watch and pray.  As human beings though, we have emotions and compassion ect, but cannot let the message of the bible go unheard and reminded to the lost souls out there.  It is a time to be a witness and to sow the seed that Jesus Christ is Lord and the ONLY way to salvation and eternal life.

What would be daunting and traumatic for many is, if in the case that people cannot keep their internet connection and or it is not available, so social interaction like these forums are not available, then we would not know how many would be able to cope.  

Believers has to put on the FULL armor of God and stand firm, knowing that God is in control no matter what, as the prize is the soul and whose care it in. Satan wants it, but this is where battles rages and the saints has to keep pressing on . Keep the faith saints.   

I will be at my grocery soon either today or tomorrow and will post my update on the reality there.  Please let us hear of your experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 3/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, Justin Adams said:

Went to a store this morning. Long lines waiting for opening time. No beans and staff were rationing folk. Uk is going to be tough soon when we are woken up from our muddling stupor...  If they close the pubs, there will be riots I would say...

I live  in uk now they have given order to close  pubs good riddance 

You can still by licker in the shop's :(

Got internet shoping today but appointment from tesco all out for other three week next time and private security guard now standing at entrance in some stores Limiting the mount of people who can enter.

Lots of limit on the amount of items you can buy

Edited by vic66

10 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm not making light of any of this but...

Compared to our forefathers of 50, 100 and more years ago, would you say we have become soft and dependent? Because of our modern technologies of medicine, air conditioning and refrigeration, fast & easy transportation, grocery shelves overflowing, electricity, everything handed to us, etc. [the life of Riley]. Now a wrench has been thrown into the wheel with something this generation has never before experienced, having difficulty dealing with it, with panic just around the corner. 

Compared to the 1918 Spanish Flu, which none of us here experienced, so far this corona virus is just a sneeze. Sure, people are dying from it and it should not be taken lightly but. As a civilized society, a standard of living beyond anyone else in the world...

The Lord is in control; it's appointed men once to die, and then the judgment. We know not when, where or how the Lord will call us home; it's appointed according to His will and purpose. ALL things work for good to those that love Him.

Ah, maybe I'd better just leave it at that...

Upon this rock I will build my church and the gate's of hell shall not prevail(neither will corona virus )