Out Reach

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Because of "social distancing" I am no longer able to go out to share the gospel.  I really miss sharing Jesus Christ and His saving grace with others.  Especially, as I see fear driven people caught in the crisis of the Coronavirus.  Do you have any ideas on how to do this in today's world? Thanks! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

31 minutes ago, Declare said:

Because of "social distancing" I am no longer able to go out to share the gospel.  I really miss sharing Jesus Christ and His saving grace with others.  Especially, as I see fear driven people caught in the crisis of the Coronavirus.  Do you have any ideas on how to do this in today's world? Thanks! 

Hi Declare,

Now that`s only for a time, so I suggest it is a good opportunity to get to prayer and pray for others. Then when you go out, you will see people ready to receive the good word of our hope in Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Declare said:

People know who Jesus Christ is. They have made a choice. Do you think that not going out and sharing the gospel is going to make a difference? Especially during this virus crisis we are experiencing. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

9 hours ago, Declare said:

First off it's great that you have the courage to go out there in person and do that. Good work!

I'd keep one of the core thoughts of Ecclesiastes in mind: There's a season for things. The Corona panic is a temporary thing that will surely pass in God's time. In the meantime there are other things you can do. Online efforts certainly have their place. So does spending time with other believers, in person or online, to build them and yourself up in God. Another option is to act in a way that demonstrates the love of God. Options might be limited but it could be something as simple as leaving some groceries on a needy person's doorstep. Pray about it and see where God leads you.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 hours ago, Declare said:

Hi Declare, 

Our Saviour did tell His disciples there would be perilous times we would have to face. Rather than attempting to advise you how to change the way in which you have ministered and witnessed to previously, it is all the more important to go with the leading of the Holy Spirit's guidance. Especially now when people are leery of strangers approaching them. Instead of throwing the net out, you're probably going to have to use a single lure if you want continue being a fisher of men. That means using your discretion and not attempt to make personal contact with everyone you encounter. The Lord will continue to lead you as you follow Him. God bless your endeavors in spreading the love and gospel of Christ. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 3/20/2020 at 3:47 AM, Declare said:

Do you have any ideas on how to do this in today's world? Thanks!

Hi Declare, welcome to Worthy! :)

Hey, along with all the good ideas here, a bit about my work day today, and those I met on the way.
I had to stop several times, and people are always around. I enjoy mentioning the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ as I can, whether one on one, or a number of folk, during my work day, or my days off. Prior to starting our day, we always pray, as others mentioned. If we ask God for opportunities, and He seems to always give them.

Today I met one involved with a "church" that believes "baptism's water" washes away their sins, and NOT the blood of Jesus as Scripture clearly tells us. So I had opportunity to correct the false doctrine, and point her to the shed blood of our Savior that washes away sins!
I was able to give a concise Gospel message given to a few others along the way today too!
"Most" were eager to listen if even at a distance.

Over this past 2 weeks, I'm finding because of the fear involved with this virus, people are more eager to listen than usual. Give them their "space" but do indeed share!
I've noticed this at Christmas as well, in general people are more receptive.

Bojangles mentioned being led by the Holy Spirit, and AnOrangeCat eluded to the same, we all need to look to be led by God, and we will find those things we are led to do in the Bible!

I would like to mention, rejection is good too in the sense that at a later time, the one who has rejected our Message, may reflect back to the Truth we shared with them at one point.
I've run into a few hypocrites over the years that are not getting into the Kingdom, they are the toughest bunch it would seem. But I do have a love for them, and pray for them too!

When the "danger" of this virus is over, good Christian tracts are also an effective way to share the Gospel by placing them into peoples hands. One can prayerfully place them in many places as well. Get creative.

So, along with sharing the Gospel here, there, or elsewhere, prayerfully look to be led by the Lord as you share His priceless gift that He gave for all of mankind on the cross!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,347
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 3/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, Declare said:

Sometimes I use things like the following to help people (attach to your emails, etc)....

worry-anxiety-bible-verse-7.jpg.d593bc5e91c43958e9ea93322631a1c4.jpg

bible-verses-23.jpg.b34d2020ce798be837b9f7dcfc439a01.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 3/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, Declare said:

Talk to people at supermarkets when you shop, neighbors when they pass by. You can still be heard witnessing from six or seven feet away. Why can't you go out to share the gospel?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Go out for prayer (maybe meat with 2 by 2) – we have more access into the inner citys. There is now much more places of those 'red light' districts. That with some boldness - you can find. They will verry slowly start functioning again .. also. Keep praing into that. You can choose places where the poor live. Let your spirit find what you pray for.

Maybe Organise- and form groops / do the social giving? How knows- There is tracts – hand outs. Pray for the guidance... and flow with the coming changes. Expect God to show y miricales – and the doors that open up than.

Edited by Zeisig