• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

:) praise God.. fear is not of God and satan is really using this. Old song playing right now "Keith Green ..LIES" look it up.. play it youtube. Praying for you

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

6 hours ago, worthlessness1979 said:

...I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful.

Let the Comforter comfort you, that our Savior Jesus Christ has sent all Christians.
Let Him teach us as we prayerfully look to be taught the Word of God as we read our Bibles.

Christians (should) have a peace that is available from God that the world cannot begin to understand.
May we all look to press into that peace while giving God our hearts to take care of, in place of any troubles or fears that this world has to offer.

John 14:26-27
(26)  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(27)  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Life is just a passing wind that never returns, give ur life to Jesus n just watch the wind goes by n pass away.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Fear can  be a good thing. Fight or flight mechanisms many times saves our life.

But to give one's self over to fear is quite another thing.

I tend to be a worry wart. And I think this is linked to what you describe (if not the same exact thing).

Fearing / worrying about what could  happen should not cloud your

ability to deal with what actually is  happening.

What could happen we should prepare for the best we are able. And leave it at that.

Panicking, or consuming ourselves with worry most likely will contribute to our

downfall more than what we dread.

And, what we dread may not come to pass at all.

So we fretted and cringed and got all weird for nothing.

If it comes, it comes.

It also helps to KNOW where you are going in the afterlife.

The genuine Jesus Christ will save all who believe in him.

Deep breathing helps when you are on the verge of a panic attack. Slow down.

Take a minute. Take ten.

In Christ you are at peace with the Creator. He is on your side.

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

You can count on God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Hi

You gave a perfect example on our hopelessness in preserving our life on our own.  I am referencing you taking out the garbage and it flew back in your face.  Though we take the best effort to protect and keep this flesh in tack and to keep our life, we have to come to terms that our life is in the hands of the Lord for those who are believers.  The bible say, to be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord.

Now, that is not to say we are not to take care of our bodies and live our life taking the necessary precautions, but as believers we have to make sure our heart is totally surrendered to Christ and be reminded we are just  passing through here and it is not our final destination, heaven is that place. 

If you immerse yourself in the word, you would find plenty of verses that reassures you the believer that you are not to worry and fret about those who can kill the body , but to fear him who can kill both body and SOUL.   

It is natural for man to have fears, but you are born again and trust in the Lord , his promise is that he will never leave or forsake thee.  

Hebrews 13 King James Version (KJV)

5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I suggest that you seek first the kingdom of heaven, and Jesus Christ who is the King of that kingdom.  You seem to be relying on the wisdom man, which is weak and fleeting as shifting sand.  Build your house on the Rock that is Jesus.  Your house is your heart, mind and soul.

I would also suggest turning off the TV and internet occasionally, since the only topic is Corona virus.  This is a good time to reflect on how weak and helpless mankind really is apart from Jesus.  These "wise" men are being overwhelmed by a microscopic organism, although they profess to know all about the origins of the universe, in defiance of the word of God.  Seek Jesus.  Get the real truth, and it will set you free.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation.  But be of good cheer.  I have overcome the world (Jno 16:33)

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi

Try to keep calm. You are doing the right things by staying home except for essential shopping. No need to keep washing hands to excess if you have no contact with anyone. 

Find structure and focus to your days. Stay active inside your house and garden. Set Bible reading. Watch television that will help relax. 

Pray. God will hear you and bring comfort. We will come through this. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,763
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Ok my brother I understand the fear of the unknown and all the bad press that this virus is ( rightly ) getting  but I can tell you my 16 year old granddaughter caught it on a school skiing trip at the end of February ..was she ill ? YES she had a headache to end all headaches and even had to wear sunglasses indoors with the curtains drawn as any light hurt her eyes so much She couldn't even drag herself out of bed for about a week and didn't want to eat or do anything at all Her mum caught it and said it hurt to breath and she couldn't lift her arms or get any rest as she couldn't stop coughing with a harsh dry cough ...the good news ??? THEY ARE WELL and back to normal … her 3 year old sister caught it and apart from feeling very tired and grumpy and not wanting to eat ( she managed chocolate and ice cream lol ) and she too got over it in less time than her big sister. My 7 MONTH old granddaughter also caught it and she was very grumpy and wanted lots of sleep ( apart from in the night when she couldn't settle as she needed to sit up ) and PRAISE GOD she is also recovered 

Now I am in the very high risk category as I am over " a certain age " have severe asthma and had half my lung removed 18 months ago due to cancer … I nursed all 4 of them and praise God I am still here to tell the tale 

Take sensible precautions YES wash hands ( as you should anyway ! ) stay indoors if you don't have to go to the shops and stay away from others as we have all been asked to do. If I go shopping I wear gloves as a sensible precaution but if you let fear over rule your sense then you die a bit more every day KEEP BUSY , READ YOUR BIBLE , SING PRAISE TO GOD , TALK TO YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR  AND LIVE  I can guarantee you wont die a moment before God calls you home and you wont stay a second longer than He wishes :emot-hug:< virus free hug :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Worth2020

I hope today you woke up with a brand new heart & mind as with each day we awaken only by Gods New Mercy-Imagine that,NEW Mercy every day,Gods Mercy is just like Him-no beginning,no ending & ever Present!!!

In case you don't or didn't yet read Georges Worthy Briefs,I thought of you when I read it this morning....

profile_mask2.png

Worthy Brief <worthybrief@worthynetwork.com> Unsubscribe

4:16 AM (1 hour ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Worthy Brief - April 1, 2020

kwikphilly, why worry?

Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I just read an interesting article discussing how the current crisis is spawning worry and anxiety syndrome amongst many people. An emotional environment is sweeping the land. The effects may be subtle, but they're serious. Do we want to contribute to this?

Now think back... 20, 10, 2 years ago, even last year at this time. What was it then that was shaking your tree? What was the threat producing visceral anxiety, heart racing, stomach cramps, overeating, irritability? Can you remember? Think hard....How was it resolved?

But this is different; this is unprecedented... Well, so was that trial last year, and the one before. If you think about it really, all of life is unprecedented. But after it happens, we come through, and even often forget the circumstances and threats which seemed so overwhelming at the time. Perhaps it's the grace of God...

But what was important 20 years ago...10 years ago? What was essential, crucial, and of truly lasting significance? It's what was prayed, thought, said or done with God as the source and object... exactly as it is, or should be, today in this fear-ridden atmosphere!

kwikphilly, Yeshua (Jesus) made it simple. Live now, conscious of your fears and anxieties, without adding your speculations on the future. The hard fact is that you don't know the future and will mostly get it wrong, giving yourself a headache you don't need in addition to the present conundrum. And, you will cripple your ability to walk in communion with the Lord to do the works He has prepared for you. That's a sad waste. Instead, practice casting your cares upon Him because He cares for you. He will give you the peace that passes understanding [Philippians 4:5-7], prevent you from adding to the negative atmosphere, and bear His fruit through your life.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland

Be Blessed Beloved                                                   With love-your Sister in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

15 hours ago, Clipper said:

Washing your hands to the point of cracking seems reminiscent of OCD to me, but I'm no psychologist so that's just out there.

You're 40 years old and physically healthy, even if you do get it, staying at home and toughing it out just might work for you.

But that all depends on if you even get the virus, which if you live alone and are stocked up on stuff shouldn't easily happen.

If you go outside, don't touch your face. Once you're inside, wash your hands and you should be good.

We're going to get through this. Just social distance when you can, wash your hands, and don't touch your face. Hopefully it'll be over before we know it.

A lot of people are afraid in this country and I have seen the fear in some of the posts in this forum. Fear has been inflamed by the false media in this country and unfortunately many of the politicians are allowing it to fuel their decisions as well, though I suspect an agenda as I see more of our liberties taken away without a fight due to fear.

I know I could simply tell you to have faith, and that is good advice, but maybe some statistics would help. I was reading various statistics this morning. In China there have been reported cases of the coronavirus of 82,308.  Of this amount 78,992 fully recovered. There were a total of 3,316 deaths, so a death rate of .04 percent.  CNN recently reported that the expected death rate in America from the coronavirus would be .66 percent, so something doesn't add up. Thus I will also coin the phrase "false news".  In China the cases of coronavirus averaged out to be 60 people out of 1 million people were getting infected that is .00006 percent of the population.  So the coronavirus isn't hiding behind every corner, also if you did beat the odds and actually get the virus your recovery rate is very, very, very likely.

• Thumbs Up 1