IGNORED

Does Paul tells us WHEN the rapture will come?

iamlamad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

On 4/19/2020 at 7:11 AM, Behold said:

Yet it isn't "straight".

This is because unless you are in line with Paul, you are out of line,  off the track, and in the theological ditch.

There is only one division in the Church, tho there are many sub-divisions, that are just miniature in fighting.

The one real division is always just one thing.   You have those that teach you can lose your salvation, who are trying to save themselves and you have those who Teach Paul and Truth as 'justification by Faith".

2000 yrs ago these same Legalists were fighting Jude and Paul, and 2000 yrs later they are fighting real believers.

The devil is not going to give up, while at the same time the Truth is not going to be quiet.

I agree. Paul's epistles were written straight at the Gentile church of today. I love all of his "In Him" verses!

On 4/18/2020 at 10:46 PM, branchesofHim said:

Since you are versed in Latin, then you are accountable in Latin. Thank you for confirming your knowledge.  Good to know someone who is accountable for what they understand.

Matthew 2540 applies to you. :)

Actually, latin was a required subject in high schools a generation before me. Don't assume that I know Latin just because I can read about one word in Latin! Sorry, I disagree about your verse in Matthew: the timing there does not fit. I will be rejoicing in heaven by that time!  The Pauline Epistles certainly apply to me. I am a Gentile believer. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

This is just one of the many reasons I believe in a pretrib rapture. I think the next big thing on God's time clock will be Jesus  coming for His Bride. I have heard that "peace and safety" is written somewhere in the UN building. I haven't been able to  verify it.

That's my belief and expectation too. I've always been a pretribulation believer and in my mind and studies the Bible bears that out. This generation has bared witness to the super prophecy of Israel's regathering as a nation, May 14, 1948 in one day; and taking back control of Jerusalem in 1967. We're witnessing the gathering and alignment of nations and end-time events shortly to come. I've wondered how much biblical prophecy the Lord is going to allow us to see fulfilled before He comes for His bride? 

I personally think the over night destruction of Damascus, the Gog-Magog invasion, perhaps the destruction of Elam [1/6 of the S.W. landmass of Iran] is just around the corner? My thoughts are logically thinking; there's a period of unspecified time between the rapture of the church and the beginning of the tribulation, to recover, organize and set things into motion. Some believe the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion of Israel occurs sometime in the tribulation. I suspect it has to happen 'a minimum' of at least 3 1/2 years prior to the official start of the seven year tribulation. Because: It's recorded Israel will burn those weapons of war for 'seven' years. Three and one half years into the tribulation, at the Abomination of Desolation, the Jew's and others will be fleeing for their lives. No one will care of be around to burn those weapons for another 3 1/2 years. Of course I could well be wrong.

Therefore; seeing every prophetic sign of the times spoken about in many places in scripture coming about as 'birth pangs'; I truly believe our redemption draws near. We are not to know the day nor the hour of the Lord returning to gather His church, but we are to know the season. Do you suppose Bible believers can determine the season numerically from the following two verses?

Matthew 24:34 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Psalm 90:10 (KJV) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

17 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's my belief and expectation too. I've always been a pretribulation believer and in my mind and studies the Bible bears that out. This generation has bared witness to the super prophecy of Israel's regathering as a nation, May 14, 1948 in one day; and taking back control of Jerusalem in 1967. We're witnessing the gathering and alignment of nations and end-time events shortly to come. I've wondered how much biblical prophecy the Lord is going to allow us to see fulfilled before He comes for His bride? 

I personally think the over night destruction of Damascus, the Gog-Magog invasion, perhaps the destruction of Elam [1/6 of the S.W. landmass of Iran] is just around the corner? My thoughts are logically thinking; there's a period of unspecified time between the rapture of the church and the beginning of the tribulation, to recover, organize and set things into motion. Some believe the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion of Israel occurs sometime in the tribulation. I suspect it has to happen 'a minimum' of at least 3 1/2 years prior to the official start of the seven year tribulation. Because: It's recorded Israel will burn those weapons of war for 'seven' years. Three and one half years into the tribulation, at the Abomination of Desolation, the Jew's and others will be fleeing for their lives. No one will care of be around to burn those weapons for another 3 1/2 years. Of course I could well be wrong.

Therefore; seeing every prophetic sign of the times spoken about in many places in scripture coming about as 'birth pangs'; I truly believe our redemption draws near. We are not to know the day nor the hour of the Lord returning to gather His church, but we are to know the season. Do you suppose Bible believers can determine the season numerically from the following two verses?

Matthew 24:34 (KJV) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Psalm 90:10 (KJV) The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Dennis, I disagree in one small part: I think Paul's rapture will trigger the Day of the Lord, as in they are back to back events with no time in between. The moment we are caught up, it is Day of the Lord time: the age of grace will be over (6th seal timing). And because I think the rapture will come on the final trumpet blast of the feast of trumpets, then the ten days of awe will follow, and the 7th seal will be opened, starting the 70th week of Daniel. 

If you note, Jesus said "this generation shall not pass..." So if one person was left of that generation, maybe a hundred years old, what Jesus said would be true. Therefore we cannot future with a 40 year or 60 year, or 80 year generation. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Dennis, I disagree in one small part: I think Paul's rapture will trigger the Day of the Lord, as in they are back to back events with no time in between. The moment we are caught up, it is Day of the Lord time: the age of grace will be over (6th seal timing). And because I think the rapture will come on the final trumpet blast of the feast of trumpets, then the ten days of awe will follow, and the 7th seal will be opened, starting the 70th week of Daniel. 

If you note, Jesus said "this generation shall not pass..." So if one person was left of that generation, maybe a hundred years old, what Jesus said would be true. Therefore we cannot future with a 40 year or 60 year, or 80 year generation. 

No disagreement. You may very well have scripture interpreted correctly. I'm by no means dogmatic in my thoughts and open to others views, discussions and hermeneutics. We all understand, learn, view, reason and think differently based on our individuality. I'm just a plain ole Bible student studying to show myself approved. It is interesting to note; that through the centuries, there's more difference in opinion and interpretation of scripture and prophecy, than Carter had liver pills.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I agree. Paul's epistles were written straight at the Gentile church of today. I love all of his "In Him" verses!

Paul said to "follow Him as HE FOLLOWED CHRIST."

Jesus is our Savior, while Paul is the Church Doctrine instruction manual.

Paul was sent to explain it all, regarding church Doctrine.

We have a bible now.   We see that Paul's words, inspired by the HS, are Bible Scripture.

However, when Paul and Peter were alive, they had no Greek Text. They had no KJV< or NIV, or ASV, or any of this....

They had the Torah.

Peter, at that time, talking about Paul's letters, that later became our BIBLE,...  said AT THAT TIME, that Paul's Letters were Scripture.

So, that is an Apostle, referring to Paul's letters as EQUAL TO THE TORAH.

And He was absolutely correct.

We live in a "church age" were Bible correctors thrive, New Versions are awful, and the Thread that runs from Jesus thru Paul that became our NT, is very lost, regarding  so many believer's Theology.

I'm sort of a "last of our kind" Believer Teacher.  As I Teach Paul, and this is becoming rare, as we are in that Church Age were opinion has replaced Truth, and Status has become the "new holiness".

"Look, i have 40,000 people on Sunday...so, that proves God is in it". "BIGGEST means GOD IS WHY"

No, it proves that you need to be admired.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, iamlamad said:

This is just one of the many reasons I believe in a pretrib rapture. I think the next big thing on God's time clock will be Jesus  coming for His Bride. I have heard that "peace and safety" is written somewhere in the UN building. I haven't been able to  verify it.

They do not say peace and safety until the end of the tribulation, which is the end of the 70th week, which is the end of the time of Jacobs trouble. When the great tribulation ends, the wrath of God begins. See Rev 6. The Church is already in heaven before the 7 years before wrath begins.

Edited by The Light

Just now, The Light said:

They do not say peace and safety until the end of the tribulation, which is the end of the 70th week, which is the end of the time of Jacobs trouble. When the great tribulation ends, the wrath of God begins. See Rev 6. The Church is already in heaven before the 7 years before wrath begins.

As usual, you are mistaken on every point. 

They do not say peace and safety until the end of the tribulation  "peace and safety" is Paul writing about the pretrib rapture.  That is before the trib, before the 70th week, not after. Error 1 

the end of the 70th week  Error #2  It is before the week.

the end of the time of Jacobs trouble Error #3 It is before Jacob's trouble.

When the great tribulation ends, the wrath of God begins. Error #4  Wrath begins at the 6th seal before the book gets opened to reveal the 70th week.

The Church is already in heaven before the 7 years before wrath begins.  I was mistaken, you made one correct point. Yes, the rapture will be before the 7 years and before wrath. The entire 7 years WILL BE wrath. 

Hint: the days of GT Jesus spoke of will come AFTER the abomination. We see the people fleeing that abomination in 12:6. We see the reason for the days of GT in chapter 13, and God's warning about those reasons in chapter 14, showing is that the real days of GT will not start until late in chapter 14. This is proved by the beheaded beginning to show up in heaven in chapter 15. 

6 hours ago, Behold said:

Paul said to "follow Him as HE FOLLOWED CHRIST."

Jesus is our Savior, while Paul is the Church Doctrine instruction manual.

Paul was sent to explain it all, regarding church Doctrine.

We have a bible now.   We see that Paul's words, inspired by the HS, are Bible Scripture.

However, when Paul and Peter were alive, they had no Greek Text. They had no KJV< or NIV, or ASV, or any of this....

They had the Torah.

Peter, at that time, talking about Paul's letters, that later became our BIBLE,...  said AT THAT TIME, that Paul's Letters were Scripture.

So, that is an Apostle, referring to Paul's letters as EQUAL TO THE TORAH.

And He was absolutely correct.

We live in a "church age" were Bible correctors thrive, New Versions are awful, and the Thread that runs from Jesus thru Paul that became our NT, is very lost, regarding  so many believer's Theology.

I'm sort of a "last of our kind" Believer Teacher.  As I Teach Paul, and this is becoming rare, as we are in that Church Age were opinion has replaced Truth, and Status has become the "new holiness".

"Look, i have 40,000 people on Sunday...so, that proves God is in it". "BIGGEST means GOD IS WHY"

No, it proves that you need to be admired.

There are a few pastors /  teachers that know Paul's letters are for the church of today. Thank God for the few.  In fact, I know of a bible schools that teaches this. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

There are a few pastors /  teachers that know Paul's letters are for the church of today. Thank God for the few.  In fact, I know of a bible schools that teaches this. 

Yes.

The truth is, you can't get closer to the truth then Paul's epistles, as Jesus who is THE TRUTH took this man aside for over 3 yrs, and taught him PERSONALLY... = about 75% of the NT.

Jesus into Paul into Us.

All the Gospels and all the Epistles are God breathed.  But the doctrine for the Church and the inner foundations that God builds as our Spiritual IQ, come from Paul.

Everything we know about Spiritual Gifts, how to pick a deacon, how to pray for the sick, what constitutes a marriage, justification by faith, how to choose a pastor, the preaching of the CROSS, spiritual circumcision, (what to Phil. 4:8 think on), even how to behave in the bedroom with your mate..... on and on and on....- Paul's epistles.

Jesus started our Salvation with His own blood, and Paul teaches us the why, when, what, how, regarding God's Redemption.

Edited by Behold