• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 4/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, DustyRoad said:

This has no place in a forum called "Absolutely Positive."

Yeah, no kidding. That's why it got moved to General Discussions. How long will it survive here? Yet another 30-40 pages of pointlessness and ridicule until the OP violates the ToS again and the thread gets shut down once more? Well, it's only gotten three pages so far since it's been here. So it's early yet. I suppose we shall see. :39:

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

27 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Since many do not understand the Deut 32 worldview of principalities and powers that have been DISARMED, we will not get the right idea about all this. Our foes are in high places and the mindless human minions can be seen slavering at the feet of these fallen holy ones who once had charge over all the many nations. But God thru the Cross disarmed them all and rescinded their mandate. He Who gave them charge at the Babel disobedience has indicted them all to 'die like men'. (Psalm 82)

Since we do not seem to know about the supernatural, we are stuck in a mere physical mentality and do not appreciate the wider and much deeper supernatural picture. We beat the flesh to death while the principalities enjoy the floor show!

That is why the apostle to the gentiles (after Pentecost) went about telling them to disown their gods and follow Yeshua.

So why do we give credence to the gods of media and false reporting? Have we reverted back to being mere scared sheep and have we lost the will to be overcomers?

We seem to not understand the importance of the Cross and the fact that we 'are more than conquerors'.

Hi Justin Adams, May I suggest that there are way too may presumptive we's in such presentations.  I suggest Each individual has personal thought process and reaches individual conclusion, there being no collective we  think to be found. Instead each person is an individual, that  always has been an individual with individual responsibility before God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, no kidding. That's why it got moved to General Discussions. How long will it survive here? Yet another 30-40 pages of pointlessness and ridicule until the OP violates the ToS again and the thread gets shut down once more? Well, it's only gotten three pages so far since it's been here. So it's early yet. I suppose we shall see. :39:

Does absolutely positive not mean 100%sure?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, leah777 said:

I will tell that to my relatives in Italy who have been suffering with many deaths for some time.

Or the people of my home who are losing so many. Much of those who survive are still sick.

When it spread enough in the US you will change your mind, as the people of Europe have. When you see the sick with a long recovery you and others who believe as you do will look back and wish you had listened to we who are living through this and thought, at the beginning, as you do.

I pray for those in the US who do not accept the reality of what is happening outside their country.

I also pray for those who don't accept reality. I also pray for those who are sick. I also pray for those who are susceptible to sickness. I pray for those scared to live their lives. I pray for mercy upon all of the above and for mercy upon the governments of this Earth. I pray for power unto those willing to stand against darkness. I pray for unity of light for I see great unity in darkness and little unity in light . As I stated in my previous post prayer and praise is great power. 

I am glad you are praying for I have found a great truth in prayer. Prayer doesn't change God to our will, it changes us to his.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43

1 minute ago, leah777 said:

Here's a brief explanation of what Absolutely Positive is about. Encouragement, edification, uplifting posts, spiritually bolstering, godliness, saying nice things, and perhaps a little sense of humor can be also considered a positive aspect. General Discussions are a free-for-all. The entire ball game has just changed rules in which it will now be played. The reason it became placed here is because it no longer met the priority of being absolutely positive. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:
On 4/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, DustyRoad said:

This has no place in a forum called "Absolutely Positive."

15 minutes ago, leah777 said:
18 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

What dusty and beau are talking about is that this thread was originally started and replied to in the "absolutely positive " section of the forums.  But the whole thread has since been relocated to "general discussion" which is where you are reading this thread now.  

Here is a link to the  Absolutely positive forum.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/34-absolutely-positive/

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Justin Adams, May I suggest that there are way too may presumptive we's in such presentations.  I suggest Each individual has personal thought process and reaches individual conclusion, there being no collective we  think to be found. Instead each person is an individual, that  always has been an individual with individual responsibility before God. 

I could have worded it better I am sure. I want to point out that the collective is often a misnomer for 'have we understood, or forgotten?'  I include myself of course. So please answer the point(s).

The 'we' was probably ill advised as you point out. But are 'we' all aware of the point(s) I am making, or have we lost the plot?

Thanks for the comment.

I do hope the thousands and perhaps millions that read this will take a second look and ignore the poor phrasing.

• Followers:  43

6 minutes ago, appy said:

Here is a link to the  Absolutely positive forum.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/34-absolutely-positive/

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Here's a brief explanation of what Absolutely Positive is about. Encouragement, edification, uplifting posts, spiritually bolstering, godliness, saying nice things, and perhaps a little sense of humor can be also considered a positive aspect. General Discussions are a free-for-all. The entire ball game has just changed rules in which it will now be played. The reason it became placed here is because it no longer met the priority of being absolutely positive. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I could have worded it better I am sure. I want to point out that the collective is often a misnomer for 'have we understood, or forgotten?'  I include myself of course. So please answer the point(s).

The 'we' was probably ill advised as you point out. But are 'we' all aware of the point(s) I am making, or have we lost the plot?

Thanks for the comment.

I do hope the thousands and perhaps millions that read this will take a second look and ignore the poor phrasing.

Hi, I wasn't picking on the phrasing as much as the idea that  there is some "we" at all. So often it seems to me that individuals reach a conclusion for themself then make it a collective we  or everyone. To me it is like statingThe church thinks such and such. There is no such thing; no such thing as we think. I do like it best when a person comes out and boldly states I think, or I have concluded, and  I suspect many others might too, rather than proclaiming we think.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love: true love has no room for fear, because where fear is, there is pain; and he who is not free from fear is not complete in love.”

We are told that it is love that drives the fear within so many hearts today, but there is no fear in love. Jesus would touch the sick and the diseased for he did not walk in fear, he understood the power of mercy and love, yet, in our world today men and women are afraid to touch and hug their own children and grandchildren. If we are to show mercy unto the stranger and compassion unto the lepers of our time how can this be done in fear? I do not fear death and I for sure do not fear a handshake or a hug. I do not force my touch or hugs upon others but I will not turn down a handshake or a hug from anyone that needs this from me. My family loves, and we show love through human touch and affection and in this I rejoice. I am a minister of the Lord and I believe in the power of love and mercy and I believe in laying hands upon the sick to anoint them. I have anointed many sick people in my life and I have never caught the sickness that I sought to be healed. I do get sick on occasion, but with every part of my being I do not think that I will ever get sick from anointing the sick and showing mercy and kindness unto those afflicted. The power of human touch and the power of a warm hug is lost in fear and is impossible in “social distancing” which are two words that I have come to despise.