• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

53 minutes ago, Alive said:

I did not say any of these things you just typed. Be careful.

I agree.  We should all be very careful indeed.  Let us not make traps for one another.  Or see threats where there are none.  If I have misunderstood something, feel free to point it out.  No need to be hostile about it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, *Zion* said:

I agree.  We should all be very careful indeed.  Let us not make traps for one another.  Or see threats where there are none.  If I have misunderstood something, feel free to point it out.  No need to be hostile about it.

OK--so I was not at all coming from a hostile place. I care about you and everyone.

God made me to be one that wants to help and not hurt...please use that lens. Its good for you.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm concerned by what I'm seeing unfold in this thread. It's neither edifying nor does it contribute to the Body of Christ. 

explain quicky  .   i have no read this thread .     What is troubling you my dear friend .     say it real clear .     

ONE THING I ALREADY SEE as a problem is the TITLE OF THIS THREAD .      JESUS TEACHINGS ,  APPLY TO US ALL .    PEROID .      dont even bother trying to convince me otherwise . 

WE SHOULD LOVE HIS SAYINGS , not try and find ways around them .      LAMBS LOVE JESUS .   PEROID .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

This has been derailed from the original topic...just a bunch off topic bickering.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

This is something I am constantly seeing taught and regurgitated by Christians today and I am frequently seeing this matter brought up here in these forums that: Jesus teachings dont apply to Gentiles only Jews and that we only follow Paul's teachings.  I have seen people abandoning the teachings of Jesus (Gospels) and other letters of the bible such as James, John, Hebrews, and Peters and saying they were only writing to Jews and their teaching dont apply to Gentiles.  They say we follow Paul's teaching since he was an apostle to the Gentiles.  NEWS FLASH:  All the Apostles were responsible for taking the teachings of Jesus called the Gospel to all the nations not just Paul.  Jesus commanded all his apostles to take everything that he had taught them to all the nations.  They were all called to be apostles to both Jews and Gentiles.

Jesus told his 11 disciples: Mat 28:19-20 KJV - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations (Jews & Gentiles)...teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

If you do a little research you find that all the Apostles eventually left Israel and went everywhere preaching the Gospel and teaching followers to keep and obey what Jesus had taught them.  James the brother of Jesus was called the Leader of many of the churches in Asia,  John the beloved Apostle established many of the churches in Asia minor hence in Revelation he addressed the 7 churches in Asia. Peter the Apostle went all over the place preaching and eventually end up in Rome where he was was killed.  Its the same for all the apostles.  All the apostles were sent to both Jew and Gentile preaching the same gospel that Jesus taught them.

Jesus is the foundation of the New Covenant and it applies to both Jew and Gentile and their is no difference in what Jesus taught and what all the apostles taught.  The teachings of Jesus applies to both Jew and Gentile believers equally.  The apostle of Jesus did not bring a different gospel to the Gentiles than what Jesus taught them.  The New Covenant which Gentile believers are under is a Jewish covenant that was promised to them specifically but was extended to Gentiles out of the goodness and grace of God.  

The Prophets spoke of this new covenant that was intended for Israel:  Jer 31:31-33 KJV - Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Heb 12:24, 28 KJV - And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel. ... Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

The new covenant that was promised to Israel is the same new covenant the we Gentiles are adopted into.  Paul confirms this:  Eph 2:11-13 KJV - Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by those whom are of Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the citizenship of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Mat 26:28 KJV - For this is my blood of the new testament (covenant), which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The New Covenant that Jesus established and taught to Jews is the same covenant and teachings the apostles have taken to the Gentile nations. 

So dont deceive yourself and think I dont have to keep and obey what Jesus taught or any of apostles writings.  They are for all believers Jews and Gentiles.  If you are a believer then you have been brought into the new covenant that was promised to Israel which was established by Jesus the mediator of the New Covenant to the Jew first but now to all Gentiles.

A      and men    is all i got to say .  AMEN .   LAMBS LOVE JESUS .   and our LOVE is seen in one thing ,  OUR OBEDIANCE TO OUR KING .     to anyone who says otherwise ,   DONT .    i aint hearing it at all . 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

True, but cessational thinking and tight in the mind-box ideas are only anthropological restraint. In order to really understand we must embrace the thoughts of those that God guided sometimes someplace else. 

If our placid theology come from a merely seminarian and Augustine origin, then there is much we have not been taught.

Deut 32 world views of the Divine Council is rarely taught because of 'doctored theology' and a certain unwillingness to dare think that God is bigger than a few words (though they serve the purpose for which they were intended) and that is to further our understanding and not take refuge in a false church hiding behind the pews and stacks of reformed canon.

We are responsible to teach others and make sure we never mislead them just because what we have is enough for us.

Much of our theology is hand-me-down from the RCC. For instance, SUN-day worship and ISHTAR (easter) ignoring the Passover and the real 72 hours in the grave.

I started out as a Bible student in a nondenominational environment I have understood from that Scripture (Genesis-Malachi and Matthew-Revelation)  that it 'IS' God's Own Word and God has claimed it to be so... I really never even paid attention to RCC till I studied paganism and how it crept into the church.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

This is something I am constantly seeing taught and regurgitated by Christians today and I am frequently seeing this matter brought up here in these forums that: Jesus teachings dont apply to Gentiles

Assimilate this into your processor..

Paul, a Jew,  wrote 73% of the NT.

Jesus, after He ascended... told Paul what to write, regarding "church doctrine".... and Paul the JEW is the "apostle to the Gentiles".

When  Jewish Jesus was here, as the God Man, He came to the Jews (house of Israel) but He healed and blessed Gentiles as well.

After Jesus was back in Glory, Paul wrote in 1-2 Corinthians= all the church doctrine we know of,  that defines "Spiritual Gifts", and these are "Signs for the Jews", specifically "tongues". "tongues are for a Sign", which is why on Pentecost, it says that each of those Jews (Jewish Feast), HEARD IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE (= tongue), ..

Some who are born again, are listed in the NT as having the "gift of tongues" or "spoke in tongues") (same thing that ISNT a Prayer Language). but, understand that most of these conversions happened UNDER the preaching/ministry g of an Apostle, who has the JEWISH "Signs of an Apostle" = followed them.

The Book of Acts, is the "Acts of the Apostles", who had the JEWISH Sign Gifts, as all the Apostles are JEWS.

The 10 Commandments were given to Jews, but the Church uses them.

In the Grt Trib, the time of the Gentiles is over, the Bride is Gone... and God once again takes up His dealing with the Jews, yet, without justification by faith alone.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Inquisition?  No.  It’s called loving your fellow man enough to want to know they are saved.  Sorry if this offends some.  I take my Christianity seriously.

For what it's worth @Sonshine, I've not read anything neagtive in your posts on this forum. Your love for the Father, the Messiah and your brothers and sisters shines in your posts. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,659
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Jesus Teachings Don't Apply to Us Gentiles"

They do to  us Christians!