• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Edited by Omegaman 3.0 - Video removed - videos are only allowed in the video section of the forums, provided for that purpose. Note to Alive - Don't do this again!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

Ok, a duel then..... a war of wit at 30 paces!:rolleyes:

But I do hate having war with an unarmed man!

On a more serious note, I hope your medical problems do improve. But at least with me in South Carolina and you in Oklahoma, with a mask on and in your home, I don't think I will influence your health. I least you get to enjoy good, nutritious, healthy debate!

LoL   what gave you the idea I am unarmed.......

Tigger,  I understand where you are coming from and a few years ago I might be right with you....   but too many people in the places of power seem to know a whole lot more about this thing than we do...    Dr. Fauchi worked it out where we sent money to the Wuhan level 4 center to keep up the research he had been doing here in the USA  when it was banned...   I'd have to look it up but it was sometime before 2014...    The US has been funding that research for some time and he is very familiar with the place and the people who work there.

This morning we learn that a huge spike in strokes is popping up and many of those are testing positive for covid19 antibodies.   It is common knowledge that the receptors (ACE2) that the virus attaches itself to in the Lungs are also in Heart Muscle and several other organs including our digestive system...

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,364
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Well, the goal post has just been moved.  Somewhere in the news I hear two cats were infected in I think New York.    Yes, in New York, a TIGER two weeks ago, and now two house cats  [seriously].     Its seems to like those cats.  keep one eye open Tiger56, you never know.  :sad030:    

keep safe Tiger56 and incorporate some  RATIONALE too.

a set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or a particular belief.

Maybe someone mentioned this already.

Actually several tigers and three lions at the Bronx Zoo have the virus!   It started with one tiger.   I also heard about the pet cats getting it from an infected person.

Edited by Debp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

A brief comment but an article making a very big statement.

• Thumbs Up 1

A poor example of shepherdhood makes for a very delusional and bewildered flock as well. Very sad. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

A poor example of shepherdhood makes for a very delusional and bewildered flock as well. Very sad. 

I noticed that you also posted this under controversial issues. I read the article. It is amazing how words are chosen and only some facts are given to slant articles. The reported called the pastor "rebellious". Rebellious against what? Against the constitution which allows the right to assembly and allows religious freedom or rebellious against unconstitutional orders?  The article tells you nothing of this man and his congregation. Just because the man opens the church which is suppose to be legal in this country, I see no mandatory attendance. He may offer other options of worship, but also offers the option of attending in person.

Our church does the same. We offer on line options or to attend in person. Thus far, all of our congregation that is local are attending. Our governor has posted no restrictions in regards to this so I'm not fighting against the local government as this pastor in Louisiana is doing, but I do not condemn him so readily and easily in regards to his standing up for the freedom to worship. I see no demands on his part that those who desire to stay home can't. So many that desire to stay home condemn those that choose not to. In our state that is a group called "Reopen SC". They had a peaceful protest in Columbia, SC this past Friday wanting our state to open all businesses. It is amazing a group that says all must stay in their homes showed up protesting the protest! But they came out of their homes, broke social distancing to do so!

58 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I noticed that you also posted this under controversial issues. I read the article. It is amazing how words are chosen and only some facts are given to slant articles. The reported called the pastor "rebellious". Rebellious against what?

I guess it was too easy to miss the fact he was under a court order to cease the continued church services first of all. And he also has a ankle cuff monitoring device to keep track of his activities. That stipulated remaining within the confines of his own personal residence. When a judge lays the law on you, wouldn't it make sense to cooperate rather than continually make a burrow's derriere of himself? Once again in emphasis, very poor example of being a shepherd. That makes the flock look foolish as he is. Clear enough? 

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

I noticed that you also posted this under controversial issues. I read the article.

Thanks for taking the time. Yes, I did post it there. Problem with the link? I'm just learning the skill. 

The point is this, brother. Your governor has allowed the state you reside in to conduct church services and activities, which under normal circumstances are a constitutional right. That's fine for you, but you're all risking haphazardly. I have no problem with our country and consider myself a patriot as well.

But, when a pastor is arrested for a legal ordinance to respect, maintain, adhere, and obey State mandations regardless of his risk factor feelings, being obedient sets a good example for the nation as a whole. Since 1985, my brother in-law has also been an ordained minister of a small congregation.

He no longer owns a computer when his became an antiquated. Both he and my sister have iPhones and that seems adequate enough for their needs. Our governor ordered churches here to honor health recommendations for continued safety and cooperate by closing services. They now stream them online.

I guess that's my point is, that we should obey the law. Getting busted is pretty foolish, don't you think?

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I guess it was too easy to miss the fact he was under a court order to cease the continued church services first of all. And he also has a ankle cuff monitoring device to keep track of his activities. That stipulated remaining within the confines of his own personal residence. When a judge lays the law on you, wouldn't it make sense to cooperate rather than continually make a burrow's derriere of himself? Once again in emphasis, very poor example of being a shepherd. That makes the flock look foolish as he is. Clear enough? 

We definitely see this differently. If this man was in China and He insisted in meeting with those of like believe to worship Jesus but the communist government who is in charge demanded that no one could meet to worship Jesus together would you side with the government or with the believers? When Jesus was crucified, the government in charge demanded that the Apostles quit preaching the name of Jesus, should they have obeyed and stayed home? This man is being an example of strength against unfair laws against the constitution of America, against united worship in the Lord. I guess we could close our churches and simple meet on line, but that would not be the same and will never be the same. I say, open the churches, unite the light, stand against the darkness and against wrong. Wrong is wrong even if government authorized.