• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

19 hours ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

I am 10 years into a relationship, and very much in love, with a Christian. It was our intention to spend the rest of our life together. But he has recently gone through trauma that deepened his relationship to Christ and now wants a Christian marriage. I am not Christian or called by Jesus. As it stands now, are we one flesh? (Mark 10:6-8)  Can I be saved by him? (Corinthians 7:12-16) Would staying together constitute a new choice to be unequally yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14?)  Would leaving each other constitute adultery? (Matthew 19:9) 

He wants to wait for me to find Jesus. I am pretty certain that won't happen. 

Please, someone, help me find the answers I seek.  (So far, in other places that I've asked, people have responded by trying to convert me. And I'm totally happy to go through that exercise, with an open mind, again and again. But it would be really great if I could also receive answers to my questions.) 

Welcome to Worthy  

Generally I never reply to questions in the Welcome Forum as I do my best to follow protocol,this is the place for Introductions & greetings and although many others enter into  discussion I normally just wait until you have access to our Forums.However,in your case this might be the exception because it seems you don't have any interest in Christianity so this may be the only opportunity I will have to speak with you...so I do hope this isn't a "bored with corona lockdown" way to pass some time. I don't mean any disrespect but your question seems a bit odd to me

You say your fellow has this sudden deepened RELATIONSHIP with Christ so now "he" wants a "Christian Marriage"   this sounds more "religious" imo than it does from someone with a Deep Relationship,so I truly don't know anything about your mate except from what YOU say....I don't know if he is religious,spiritual,a babe in Christ ,Born Again Believer or what so itis difficult to answer some of your questions because the answer would depend solely on his Position....

Your first question regarding "one flesh"...have you been intimate with your fellow,then "yes" your physical union has made you one flesh with each other ....Can you be SAVED by him-"No" you are only Saved by Gods Grace through your Faith in Jesus,He atones for your sin with His Blood and in return we are Saved by Gods Grace ALONE...but you are referencing the Biblical Principle of Marriage in 1 Cor 7:14...this may help you understand that better

Principles of Marriage
13And if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15But if the unbeliever leaves, let him go. The believing brother or sister is not bound in such cases. God has called you to live in peace.…

The purpose is not for your SALVATION but for the Sanctification of the Union for having children and hopefully now you can see why the answer depends on your mates position....

Leaving each other would not constitute adultery & there is no "new choice" for the Believer to be unequally yoked to the unbeliever,the choice is as old as dirt is & it is a choice that the Written Word of God tells the Believer not to make for his own good,most times the Believer is not going to convince the unbeliever & instead the unbeliever will lead the child of God astray

I'm not hereto try to"convert" you but as I mentioned at the beginning,your question seems very odd to me because you say you "very much" in love ,I find it very odd that being so very much in love with this man you have no desire to get to know the ONE he Loves-Jesus  So  heres the thing,if I were him I'd drop you like a hot potatoe but I don't know if he was Saved when he met you,if not I could understand a relationship formed,if he was  then I don't get it....

If he truly has a deep ,intimate Relationship with God in Christ then he needs to do some praying & asking and not about a "Christian Wedding" but about what road he must take to follow Christ & whether or not you are included.....You are together 10 yrs so I imagine he was not a Christian when you started out together and now hat he is you don't know what to do....I'm afraid there is nothing you can do if you are not willing to meet Jesus......I'm sure many will tell you they were married to & unbeliever and eventually they were Saved but I hope they are sure to include the pain & heartache that that union brought them as well as a result of being unequally yoked

My friend,I have a feeling you already know these responses,so what is it that you need from us,how can I really help you?

With love-inChrist,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Yeshua is God, and God has always had a high regard for His created beings. Just because the patriarchal society was largely ignorant of women and their roles, does NOT mean that God is. 

I agree with you. The more that I learn about Jesus the more that I appreciate him. My relationship and knowing of god is of the feminine. It makes sense to me that my husband's is the masculine. What doesn't work for me is the position that those who follow other religions are not worthy in god's eyes or that Christ and the father are the only right way to live. C.S. Lewis, in The Chronicles of Narnia, told a story where dwarfs, who were in heaven, believed themselves to be in hell, and so they were. In this same way, I believe that my mother, who is an ordained Buddhist monk, will be reincarnated and that my husband will go to heaven. I believe that neither are better than the other and that both make up important parts of the individual's spiritual journey to becoming one with god.

I relish in who my husband is. I recognize that he is sourced from and intertwined with Christ. I praise God for that. I am nurtured by it. I benefit from it. But the bible does not depict my connection with God, which is as vitally important to me as his is to him.  My connection does not require a religion, ceremony, book, general consensus, or any person's approval to exist or receive my reverence.   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

56 minutes ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

My connection does not require a religion, ceremony, book, general consensus, or any person's approval to exist or receive my reverence.   

Jesus never came for religion; he came for relationships. What God through Christ desires is to have a personal relationship, through His Spirit, with you. You are right to say that the "connection" you speak of has zero to do with the attributes you listed. I wonder...have you ever asked God if He was real? If God is who He claims to be, surely He is big enough to reveal Himself to whomever He pleases. I asked once as an atheist in the scientific community. Not only did He answer me, but saved me from physical death as well. Was it coincidence?  God said that, "Without faith, it is impossible to please Him." I did not believe, but my asking He honored as the "faith of a mustard seed"---all that was required. I had no Bible to see His words. I was critical, sarcastic, unloving, without empathy or concern for anyone but myself. But to those who "open the door of their hearts, He promises to come in." God promises to give those who invite Him, a brand new heart. I am here to testify---along with the millions of others---that that is precisely what He did. :)

Edited by Coliseum
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

10 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

From reading your posts it sounds to me not so much that you don't want/feel you can be a Christian but that you feel belittled by being a woman in a " mans world " and resent it. 

I do understand that feeling but believe me it is NOT God's way to make women "less than " men .( and boy have I had this conversation many many times over the years especially having come from a brethren background where women were required to wear hats and keep quiet lol )  I think it may help you to read your bible keeping in mind the historical context .As Justin says in a time when women were as much a belonging as a cow or a sheep and of less value than many , when a man could and often did have several wives and was not allowed to work outside the home without her husbands approval Jesus showed the way it should be with friends both male and female ( look at Martha Mary and Lazarus ) Women could and did lead the early Christian gatherings The first people that Christ showed himself to when He had risen were not men but women. Most women of that time were uneducated Most men were brought up to understand that they were responsible for defending/protecting/providing for women Most women were brought up to understand they were responsible for the home and the children and they in turn brought up the children to believe the same things ( the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world as it is the person who first teaches a child that has the most influence on their beliefs ) If you can let go of your anger about what you see as inequality and your need to claim an "equal stake " you may be able to see that you are in fact being put FIRST not last by your husband who desperately wants the best for you out of what sounds like a great love you both have for each other You don't sound as far apart as you fear Open your heart and your mind and let God into your life and listen to what He has to say to YOU :th_praying:

I agree that God did not make women to be less than men and I appreciate that Jesus helped to deeper understanding between the sexes. I do dislike the patriarchy. But it is a human-made problem, not a God-made one. (Note that I said human, instead of man, because women have co-created it.)

Yes. My husband has always put me first. His desire for me to accept Christ as my lord and savior is a reflection of his great service to me. I appreciate that. And, at the same time, I do feel belittled and disrespected by the position he taken of presuming to know what is best for me. "Because the bible says it" doesn't, to my mind, mean it is real or right. But I need to make sure that I don't instinctively and defensively take the opposite position, that I make a genuine effort to consider his perspective, including praying to Christ and striving to open my heart and mind. Thank you. 

I hope that you are right that my partner and I aren't as far apart as I fear. <3 

This is my first time in a forum. I'm so grateful to you and the others who have reached out. I'm slow to respond because I'm taking the time to consider each post and work through my responses to them, which is an insightful process.  Unfortunately, I do have to give some of time to work today.  I look forward to returning and learning more about Christianity and myself. Thank you. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/19/2020 at 3:19 PM, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

I am 10 years into a relationship, and very much in love, with a Christian. It was our intention to spend the rest of our life together. But he has recently gone through trauma that deepened his relationship to Christ and now wants a Christian marriage. I am not Christian or called by Jesus. As it stands now, are we one flesh? (Mark 10:6-8)  Can I be saved by him? (Corinthians 7:12-16) Would staying together constitute a new choice to be unequally yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14?)  Would leaving each other constitute adultery? (Matthew 19:9) 

Please, someone, help me find the answers I seek.  (So far, in other places that I've asked, people have responded by trying to convert me. And I'm totally happy to go through that exercise, with an open mind, again and again. But it would be really great if I could also receive answers to my questions.) 

Quick answers to your bible questions.

You are indeed 'one flesh' with the man, but you are not joined to him by marriage, because God does not allow an unbeliever and a believer to be married.

In Corinthians, where you read that If the unbeliever wants to stay with the saved "HUSBAND", or vice versa,  then she/he should if they are agreeable.   But you see, you were not Married when He became A Christian. So that verse means this.   If 2 people are together, living together, and they are married and one of them gets Saved.. Does the mean they have to part.  A.) No.   But that is not your situation.

Are you unequally Yoked?   No, because you are not actually married.  You are simply "living in fornication" with a Christian.

Adultery is not an issue for you 2 as you are not married..    No worries.

Ok, now to your Thread's main question.

When you are in a situation or lifestyle that is not allowed by God' permissive will , then you have to accept that any real answer you get from a biblical standpoint is going to resist your hope.

Thats just how it is. That is how it works.  See, you can't by lifestyle exist outside of God's rules and then try to them make them fit your need,...as that can't possibly ever work out out as you want.

OK?  Just keeping it real for you.

Im just answering you as if you walked in off the street and knew that i was a Teacher and you wanted to ask me your Thread's question(s).

-

We live in an interesting time.  There are many things that are "Legal", culturally and socially, but are illegal according to God.   There are many things in our culture that are accepted and tolerated and many of these deeply offend : = How God views "right" vs "wrong".  Yet, they are legal.  Legal, however, does not make them RIGHT according to God's Holy moral viewpoint.

God does not create standards of morality and ethical boundaries (Commandments) so that He can ruin love or create mindless robots.  He gives rules and regulations so that by  existing inside them, you dont end up in a heartbreaking mess and a completely untenable situation that has no answer that does not torment, long term.   See, that is WHY He gives rules.  Jesus deeply and completely understands what it means to suffer a tormenting situation, and provides the BOUNDARIES that keep us from that SUFFERING.  The bible you own says that "God is touched with the very feelings we feel when we are hurting".

God became ONE of US....So, He is genuinely associated with how we feel, and why we feel it.

-

The answer that i can give you is not going to make you feel better.... And the answer i give you is not possible for you both to >continue< to do....So, its no answer for you both, as you can't do it... But i'll give you an answer so that you have a final one.

So, if you want to LIVE with this man, you have to do one thing.  You have to stop having sex with Him.   Fornication has to end, now.

If you can't, and i dont think you 2 can,  then you have to stop living with  Him, and just continue the relationship, celibate, and apart.

He is under no Spiritual Obligation to stay with you,   He is under no Biblical responsibility to recognize a "common law" marriage, as He is under God's authority FIRST.

So, if you both want to live in that situation, so that you can stay together, then that is your only "Biblical" way out.  And its no solution for you 2 because it can't be done.

You would both have to live a celibate Lifestyle.    And if i was your spiritual leader, i would press you to understand that because your fella is a Christian, he is warned not to do anything that has even the "appearance of sin"... So, of course living in an unmarried experience, would obviously be viewed as this very thing.

However, as to you,  im just a faceless nameless Teacher on a Public forum, you can realize all that, and if you both can stand that situation, then that is all that he is allowed to do.

Perhaps you could explain why you have such a head knowledge of Christ, but not a Heart trust?

You seem to not be a true atheist, but you do seem to be a very determined  Agnostic.

Is there something about Jesus that you can't love?  Are you offended somehow by Christians who have mistreated you with their words and attitudes?

Did a church let you down?

What is keeping you from enjoying the Love of God by giving your heart to Jesus?

I want to pray for you, and the real believers here will agree with my prayer because we understand that when any 2 agree regarding a situation we are asking God to resolve, He will hear us and He will do it.....

-

Father,

Thank you for the Lovely Jesus,  who is  The Beautiful Savior and The living Light,... who ALONE is OUR only hope for today and THE only hope for tomorrow.  Father we thank you for the Cross and the Blood of Jesus that has forgiven our sin and thru this redemption has allowed us to be a part of your eternal family.    

Father you know this person who im talking to, and you know the one she loves.   Father you see this situation that is causing such distress, and so we ask now in Jesus's name that you reach into Her Heart with your love and into their Lives with your Grace and resolve this problem they are suffering by giving  them GRACE and Deliverance and a Final solution .

In Jesus Name I pray,

amen.

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

Here is the truth straight from the scriptures.. Don't worry about what others think or say.

1 Cor. 7:  14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:10 AM, Willa said:

Welcome, feminist.  Do  you understand that your are fornicating and there will be no fornicators in heaven?  So you end in destroying him.  That is not love which wants what's best for the other person.  

Here is the truth straight from the scriptures.. Don't worry about what others think or say.

1 Cor. 7:  14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 

Edited by HAZARD

16 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes, we all do believe in the major teachings of the faith, but in other matters we can sometimes vary in opinions.

I think maybe you identified the problem. I might be able to come to agree that the major teaching of the bible are true. But I am offended by the part of Christianity that insists that it is the truth. 

Post image

[bummer. It looks like there is no way to put a graphic in here? I'm going to try again but if it doesn't work, please follow this link to see it. (I didn't read the article. Just linking to it for the graphic.)]

I believe that my husband sees and knows what is true. I aspire to be more involved and interested in learning about what he knows to be true. I am grateful for the gifts that his relationship with Christ brings to both of us. But what is true for me is also important. 

These are some of the beautiful spiritual experiences that I have had:  A fiercely feminine god came to me and gave me strength in childbirth.  An angel lifted my face as I started to drown. In muslim countries, when I hear the call to prayer I recognize it. (I don't understand the words. It is more as if I were an infant and my father was singing to me.)  While dancing with sufis, tears spontaneously poured out of my eyes and I felt God's blessing upon me. As a teenager, in mass, I observed a bright golden glow, around Father David's head.  Am I correct in thinking that, to be Christian, I would have to come to believe that the experiences that were not christ-based, had been false?    

To answer your other questions: I do not believe that Christ is my savior. I've never considered needing a savior before.  It's a new concept for me. It's true that there are quite a few worldly things that I could use some help with. But it seems to me that forgiveness is for the person who was harmed to give? 

I will keep praying. Any specific suggestions for that? The "Jesus, thank you and please" recipe that I've been using hasn't felt very productive to me. 

Can anyone recommend a podcast or other way to tune in to a pastor who they think might appeal to me? 

Edited by FeministWhoLovesABeliever
try to add graphic again

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

1 hour ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

I think maybe you identified the problem. I might be able to come to agree that the major teaching of the bible are true. But I am offended by the part of Christianity that insists that it is the truth. 

Post image

[bummer. It looks like there is no way to put a graphic in here? I'm going to try again but if it doesn't work, please follow this link to see it. (I didn't read the article. Just linking to it for the graphic.)]

I believe that my husband sees and knows what is true. I aspire to be more involved and interested in learning about what he knows to be true. I am grateful for the gifts that his relationship with Christ brings to both of us. But what is true for me is also important. 

These are some of the beautiful spiritual experiences that I have had:  A fiercely feminine god came to me and gave me strength in childbirth.  An angel lifted my face as I started to drown. In muslim countries, when I hear the call to prayer I recognize it. (I don't understand the words. It is more as if I were an infant and my father was singing to me.)  While dancing with sufis, tears spontaneously poured out of my eyes and I felt God's blessing upon me. As a teenager, in mass, I observed a bright golden glow, around Father David's head.  Am I correct in thinking that, to be Christian, I would have to come to believe that the experiences that were not christ-based, had been false?    

To answer your other questions: I do not believe that Christ is my savior. I've never considered needing a savior before.  It's a new concept for me. It's true that there are quite a few worldly things that I could use some help with. But it seems to me that forgiveness is for the person who was harmed to give? 

I will keep praying. Any specific suggestions for that? The "Jesus, thank you and please" recipe that I've been using hasn't felt very productive to me. 

Can anyone recommend a podcast or other way to tune in to a pastor who they think might appeal to me? 

It was an interesting article, and ought to be read. It shares someone who needed to hear the truth---her truth. That word is a very interesting word because it represents harshness. It does not care how a person feels, how he thinks, what his opinion is. The truth does not care whether a person is alive or dead. It exists regardless. But the truth lacks something that Jesus had, and is why he has had a whole "cloud of witnesses" following him. Jesus said, "Speak the truth, in love." It is not enough to merely hold the truth; people will not listen to it. It is a hard saying to hear. But it is bearable when you know that someone who speaks it loves you. Sometimes we want to deny the truth. A child whose hand is slapped away from the fire hurts, and he screams in pain; but later, he realizes "his Father" who disciplines him, may hurt him, but will never harm him. The child grows up to learn that it was out of love, not meanness that his hand was slapped. This is in a small way how Jesus is with us. The pain of growth in understanding how to live because of Christ is a small thing to pay when we discover what our heart inside is really like before it is changed. We cannot know that until the very secrets at the core of our being are brought to light and exposed. We do no want to hear it. It is too hard a saying. The longest story in the Bible is the story about the woman at the well. Here is a woman who lived a hard life, living with a man she was not married to, was deeply wounded, and was told the truth. At first she resisted hearing it, but Jesus loved her, and at last she came to realize just how much.  John 4:1-30. I hope you read it. 

You wanted to view the Jesus story. There are many on Youtube. 

Edited by Coliseum
  • Loved it! 2

12 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

it seems you don't have any interest in Christianity so this may be the only opportunity I will have to speak with you...so I do hope this isn't a "bored with corona lockdown" way to pass some time. I don't mean any disrespect but your question seems a bit odd to me

I'm sorry that I missed the protocol. It is not a bored with COVID question. Mine is an odd situation. If Christianity wasn't important to my husband, I wouldn't have any interest in it. So, in a way, you are right.

You say your fellow has this sudden deepened RELATIONSHIP with Christ so now "he" wants a "Christian Marriage"   this sounds more "religious" imo than it does from someone with a Deep Relationship,so I truly don't know anything about your mate except from what YOU say....I don't know if he is religious,spiritual,a babe in Christ ,Born Again Believer or what so itis difficult to answer some of your questions because the answer would depend solely on his Position....

This is a good clarifying question. Thanks. I'm not sure what the different examples that you gave mean. He has always identified as a Christian. What has changed is that he now he wants to devote his life to it, by following God's will, as outlined in the bible. 

Your first question regarding "one flesh"...have you been intimate with your fellow,then "yes" your physical union has made you one flesh with each other ....Can you be SAVED by him-"No" you are only Saved by Gods Grace through your Faith in Jesus,He atones for your sin with His Blood and in return we are Saved by Gods Grace ALONE...but you are referencing the Biblical Principle of Marriage in 1 Cor 7:14...this may help you understand that better

The purpose is not for your SALVATION but for the Sanctification of the Union for having children and hopefully now you can see why the answer depends on your mates position....

Important clarification. Thanks. Our children from different marriages are almost grown. We are both older and won't be having any more, so that does help to simplify things just a little. 

Leaving each other would not constitute adultery & there is no "new choice" for the Believer to be unequally yoked to the unbeliever,the choice is as old as dirt is & it is a choice that the Written Word of God tells the Believer not to make for his own good,most times the Believer is not going to convince the unbeliever & instead the unbeliever will lead the child of God astray

I'm not here to try to"convert" you but as I mentioned at the beginning,your question seems very odd to me because you say you "very much" in love ,I find it very odd that being so very much in love with this man you have no desire to get to know the ONE he Loves-Jesus  So  heres the thing,if I were him I'd drop you like a hot potatoe but I don't know if he was Saved when he met you,if not I could understand a relationship formed,if he was  then I don't get it....

If I didn't want to get to know his god, I would searching for answers from a secular forum. 

If he truly has a deep ,intimate Relationship with God in Christ then he needs to do some praying & asking and not about a "Christian Wedding" but about what road he must take to follow Christ & whether or not you are included....

Yes. He is focusing on what Christ wants for his life. The hangup is whether or not that includes me. He would like it to, by way of a christian marriage. It is not, in any way shape or form, about a wedding party. Neither of us are interested in that. 

My friend,I have a feeling you already know these responses

I don't already know the responses that I'm getting in this forum. Yours is different and considerably less desirable to me, than some of the others. But I'm not here to find justification of my wants. So I'm equally grateful for your opinion and insight.  

,so what is it that you need from us,how can I really help you?

With love-inChrist,Kwik

Please pray for me. 

Thank you for your time and thoughts. <3 

• Praying! 1