• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

To watch them grow over the years ......every album a pleasant surprise as they showed that they were always a step ahead of everybody else and alway strived to grow in their craft

I'm not going to bust your bubble bro, ...yes they produced some good music, ...I answered the "secret" to their success.

Luv ya bro, ...yeah, yeah, yeah!

• Haha 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm not going to bust your bubble bro, ...yes they produced some good music, ...I answered the "secret" to their success.

Luv ya bro, ...yeah, yeah, yeah!

Psssst.......I buried Paul...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,119
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i don't know if they will start the show back up, but if you are ever around Branson Mo. see if you can go to a Liverpool Legends show.....       Louise Harrison (Georges Sister) traveled all over the world to find 4 guys that could do a good job of playing Beetles music.....     and it is like going to one of the original concerts without the 55,000 screaming teenagers....    they even resemble them.     

If you are a fan, you won't be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

They went to the Crossroad, ...signified in the second album cover in the first post.

Ah. Yeah. The crossroad to Abbey Road Studios. They recorded all their albums there except for Let It Be. 

Here is that crossroad. Note: Walking away from there. 

Last album. "Let's call it a day, fellas." (John Lennon)

OIP.jpg.1feb87001b6393800281e107a2d43b58.jpg

Here is the second LP: American Release - Meet The Beatles.

I love this photograph of them - a timeless classic.

thT9PPRD6Q.jpg.35a0906b1c4f76c8a6886f8381ca6a0a.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, other one said:

i don't know if they will start the show back up, but if you are ever around Branson Mo. see if you can go to a Liverpool Legends show.....       Louise Harrison (Georges Sister) traveled all over the world to find 4 guys that could do a good job of playing Beetles music.....     and it is like going to one of the original concerts without the 55,000 screaming teenagers....    they even resemble them.     

If you are a fan, you won't be disappointed.

Yes, I've read about Louise. George wasn't happy with her when she set up her shrine and disinherited her because of it. I'd still like to see it though. Maybe George was displeased with The Beatles overall at the time. He did record a song on his Cloud Nine album in 1989. The song was all about The Beatles career. When We Was Fab. It was a rather tongue in cheek sort of tune and even had a touch of George's sitar music here and there. Nice tune, I have the CD of course. Got it for $5 bucks at a used record store. The dumb kids running the shop didn't even know it was out-of-print! Har! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Psssst.......I buried Paul...

Rumor. Paul didn't die after all. Ask him! haha!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

David.....we need to talk.....I have been an absolute Beatles NUT since 1963.....

Yeah, we do apparently. Where have you been? My sister and I became instant fan the moment they took to the airwaves on the Ed Sullivan Show. As we know, they played three consecutive Sunday evenings. A record event. We couldn't get enough! 

“ I” am the True “ Fifth”  Beatle! Haha!

Do you realize how many other people have claimed this role? Countless. Go stand in line!

I saw them Live in Cincinnati back in 1965......

Okay, now I'm starting to hate you. No, just kidding! I'll bet that was quite an event even though you weren't able to hear them above all the screaming girls. That alone must have been deafening! Did your ears ever stop ringing after that? 

Some thoughts......Thank Goodness they did not bow out with “ Let it Be”.... it was Lame by Beatles Standards and Abbey Road was a Masterpiece.....glad they finished on a high note....

1. Let It Be... Naked (2003)

Reconsider what you're saying and buy this CD/LP. You won't regret it. 

thBPO0TI6I.jpg.bf3a47bd0445905b9e63585d56d83b49.jpg  
    Now read this. Here's a little information from Wiki. I winged it in my commentary. 

Let It Be... Naked is an alternative mix of the Beatles' 1970 album Let It Be, released on 17 November 2003 by Apple Records. The project was initiated by Paul McCartney and remastered again with the assistance of former producer and recording engineer, George Martin. It brought spark back into the album once again, bringing the original simplistic warmth of a "live take" recording and taking out producer Phil Spector's "wall of sound" effects. Buy this album! 

My favorite Beatles Song is “ Dear Prudence”

It's one of mine also. I didn't mention The Beatles "White Album" released in November 1968 for a number of reasons. 

I will not insult you by asking who the real “Prudence” was......lol......Beatles 101...... haha....

Don't attempt it. You won't even come close to getting there. Prudence was Mia Farrow's sister. In 1967, The Beatles all went to India as did Donovan, and a couple of The Beach Boys, to learn Transcendental Meditation from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. They spent several months in his ashram trying to master the technique. Sometime during his private sessions, the yogi tried to put the make on Prudence. Rumor of it got around and it ticked off John royally.

He told off Maharishi and said they guys were leaving immediately. When he asked him why they were going so suddenly, John retorted, "If you're so cosmic, you should know!" The lads left and went back home disillusioned. John wrote another song on the White Album titled, Sexy Sadie. He knew the possibility of getting sued for liable calling it Maharishi, so he changed his mind about it. It's a good song too. I like it and it's also a favorite from the LP. 

"Sexy Sadie, what have you done? You made a fool of everyone." To Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Yeah, he did make a fool out of The Beatles and everyone else he bilked good hard money to learn meditation. 

Edited by BeauJangles

8 hours ago, Debp said:

Thanks for letting us know.   @BeauJangles check it out!

I also saw The Beatles perform, I think it was 1964 or so.   Was at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh.   I was sitting in Peanut Heaven...I think my mom ordered the tickets late!   Couldn't hear anything but screams.   But you know how kids are....big deal to attend a Beatles concert.

Okay. @Debp You AND @Blood Bought 1953 saw The Beatle in concert? Now I'm hating both of you! 

No, just kidding! haha! I love you, really! Very much so. But, wow. That must have been such a neat experience just to see them from what ever "nose bleed" section you were in. The only smart advantaged ones managed to get a pair of binoculars into the show. I did see The Rolling Stones though in concert. Yeah, don't beat me up! haha! The "bad boys".

Well, they were great too, in spite of all the so-called evil they faked at hints of satanism. Heard the songs, don't go there with that. I know. :whistling: By the way. I did take a small but effective collapsible telescope and my friend had a telephoto lens on his 35mm Pentax camera. Got few b&w stills. Not too shabby. They put on a three hour concert. $15 bucks. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,673
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

it's quite sad. These great bands, understandably, never came to South Africa (in fact, I think most of them were banned here, our government having been quite extreme at the time) and they were before my time. 

• Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

.yes they produced some good music

Yeah, they did. I loved the early Motown remakes and thought them even better than the originals. They were. While there were a few songs here and there throughout their career that I wasn't exactly crazy about, (a couple - maybe three) the majority were superior efforts and tremendous. Great music, great band. 

• Thumbs Up 1