missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

good question though I think the 24 Elders could be the old & new testament saints,  some say it is the church, 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

I am pretty sure Canada is Right.

The 24 Elders.

The 4 that carry the throne are the 4 gospels.

Really???

So then who "carried" the Throne before Genesis 1:1?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

On 5/14/2020 at 4:05 PM, missmuffet said:

It is the raptured Church. So those who were raptured are already in heaven during the 7 year tribulation.

Question: "Who are the twenty-four (24) elders in Revelation?"

Answer: 
Revelation 4:4 declares, “Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.” The book of Revelation nowhere specifically identifies who the twenty-four elders are. However, they are most likely representative of the Church. It is unlikely that they are angelic beings, as some suggest. The fact that they sit on thrones indicates that they reign with Christ. Nowhere in Scripture do angels ever rule or sit on thrones. The Church, however, is repeatedly said to rule and reign with Christ (Revelation 2:26-27, 5:10, 20:4; Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30).

In addition, the Greek word translated here as “elders” is never used to refer to angels, only to men, particularly to men of a certain age who are mature and able to rule the Church. The word elder would be inappropriate to refer to angels, who do not age. Their mode of dress would also indicate these are men. While angels do appear in white, white garments are more commonly found on believers, symbolizing Christ’s righteousness imputed to us at salvation (Revelation 3:5,18; 19:8).

The golden crowns worn by the elders also indicate these are men, not angels. Crowns are never promised to angels, nor are angels ever seen wearing them. The word translated “crown” here refers to the victor’s crown, worn by those who have successfully competed and won the victory, as Christ promised (Revelation 2:10; 2 Timothy 4:8; James 1:12).

Some people believe these twenty-four elders represent Israel, but at the time of this vision, Israel as a whole nation had not yet been redeemed. The elders cannot represent tribulation saints for the same reason—not all had yet been converted at the time of John’s vision. The most likely option is that the elders represent the raptured Church which sings songs of redemption (Revelation 5:8-10). They wear the crowns of victory and have gone to the place prepared for them by their Redeemer (John 14:1-4).

https://www.gotquestions.org/24-elders.html

The 24 elders are the 12 tribes of Isreal along with the 12 Apostles of Jesus the New Isreal. The  7 thunders are the 7 days of creation. John was not to write about the 7 thunders because Moses already wrote of them in the creation account. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I believe it is the replacement for the divine council spoken of in Psalm 82....     I don't think the Bible tells us who it is/was...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,969
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, other one said:

I believe it is the replacement for the divine council spoken of in Psalm 82....

ESV Psa 82:1-2 A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: (2) "How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah.

Those naughty magistrates and their "angels"....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I believe according to Du Rand (Die A-Z  van Openbaring 231)it to be a strong possibility of a combination of those elders and priests the Old Testament and New Testament apostles : Gen 21:12-13.Or the 24 in I Ch.24:4-5 "4.A larger number of leaders were found among Eleazar's descendants than among Ithamar's, and they were divided accordingly:sixteen heads of families from Eleazar's descendants and eight heads of families from Ithamar's descendants. 5 They divided them impartially by drawing lots..."This being the 24 divisions of musicians and the descendants of Levi.

It is felt that "The key to an appropriate choice lies in the Greek word presbuteroi .Where  the 24 elders are associated with people or church of God,  12 OT Tribes and 12 NT apostles."(Du Rand 232) 

Of course these are only possibilities one can't be too overly sure one way or the other.I would go along with George and take it as it is written and accept it as such, and wait till all is revealed in God's own good time.

41 minutes ago, Hands On said:

This being the 24 divisions of musicians and the descendants of Levi

With some consistency the number 24 is assigned to representative divisions of those who serve in some capacity relating to the earthly house of the LORD and its heavenly counterpart, a 24/7 duty.

1Ch 23:3-5  Now the Levites were numbered from the age of thirty years and upward: and their number by their polls, man by man, was thirty and eight thousand. (4)  Of which, twenty and four thousand were to set forward the work of the house of the LORD; and six thousand were officers and judges: (5)  Moreover four thousand were porters; and four thousand praised the LORD with the instruments which I made, said David, to praise therewith.

1Ch 24:18-19  The three and twentieth to Delaiah, the four and twentieth to Maaziah. (19)  These were the orderings of them in their service to come into the house of the LORD, according to their manner, under Aaron their father, as the LORD God of Israel had commanded him.

Rev 4:2-4  And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. (3)  And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. (4)  And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 4:10-11  The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that lives for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, (11)  You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for you have created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:6-14  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. (7)  And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. (8)  And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. (9)  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; (10)  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (11)  And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; (12)  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. (13)  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. (14)  And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that lives for ever and ever.

When the 24 elders sing about their redemption, it cannot be just themselves they are referring to, as the kindreds, tongues, peoples, and nations surely number more than 24.  This makes it likely that the number 24 in this context corresponds to the 24 representative divisions in Chronicles and speaks by association to the priesthood of all those who serve God. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

24 courses of priests, but I don't know if that is satisfactory

13 minutes ago, Episcopius said:

24 courses of priests, but I don't know if that is satisfactory

What would be satisfactory as an associated reference?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Eddy Crocker said:

The 24 elders are the 12 tribes of Isreal along with the 12 Apostles of Jesus the New Isreal. The  7 thunders are the 7 days of creation. John was not to write about the 7 thunders because Moses already wrote of them in the creation account. 

Revelation 10:4

Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.”

The seven thunders can not be interpreted because Christ told John not to write them down. But who the 24 Elders are can be interpreted if it is done correctly.