• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

30 minutes ago, The Light said:

Okay, let's say you are correct. Who are these evil spirit beings and where do they come from?

Five have fallen, one is, and...

So, you are identifying the 4th beast as the eighth, who is one of the 7?

I am not following you here. So the Roman empire was still in power when John wrote Revelation. You say the Beast had already been cast into the abyss when John wrote Revelation. So, who is the beast that was and is not? Can you name him?

So the Beast is already released from the abyss and formed the UN? You say that the UN has no central authority figure? I don't think that is correct. As of 2020, the secretary-general is António Guterres of Portugal.

I am not sure that the 7th king is the man of sin. I would think that would be the eighth king.

Wait a minute. I thought you said that the Beast was the fourth king. Now you are saying that he supports the 7th king, the man of sin, and that's how he is considered to be of the 7. I'm a little confused. I think I can get a clearer picture when you name the Beast, the eighth king. Can you name the Beast?

So the Beast is an evil spirit being. I think I understand a little better, except how does this evil spirit become the eighth king? I mean how does this evil spirit bodily become the eighth king who the world follows?

God sees the spiritual realm and the natural realm with equal clarity.  When He reveals truth through prophecy, He doesn't always make a distinction between the two so it's up to us to find clues that help us to know if a reference is spiritual, natural, or both (through cause/effect).

There is no evidence to support the idea that the beast from the abyss is a human.  He is an evil spirit being and the abyss is a place of constraint for evil spirit beings, never humans (Rev 20, Luke 8:31).  He also existed before John wrote Revelation.  That's why I work under the premise that he is an evil spirit.  We know from Daniel 10 that there are certain evil spirit beings associated with world kingdoms, i.e. the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece.  The beast from the sea is the prince that followed Greece and brought about the Roman Empire.  At some point prior to the writing of Revelation, he was cast into the abyss to be released later and bring about another world kingdom, a final one.  If you want to proceed under that premise, I'd be happy to, otherwise, we're just on different tracks.

The cause/effect relationship between the spiritual realm and the natural realm is in my opinion vital to understand if one is to make sense of the kingdoms and kings and beasts.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Doesn't this mean that people will NOT know who it is until this time that he is "revealed?" In other words, they won't know who in the world will become that "beast" UNTIL this moment that he is revealed. Then all will know.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, iamlamad said:
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Doesn't this mean that people will NOT know who it is until this time that he is "revealed?" In other words, they won't know who in the world will become that "beast" UNTIL this moment that he is revealed. Then all will know.

You make a good point. When he is revealed ALL will know. But can't we know before all the world knows?

Clue #5

Rev 13

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Edited by The Light

Just now, The Light said:

You make a good point. When he is revealed ALL will know. But can't we know before all the world knows?

Clue #5

Rev 13

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Ha ha! People trying to find 666 in names have named many people to date: all wrong!

On 5/27/2020 at 8:51 AM, Last Daze said:

The Light said     Clue #4

Isaiah 14

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Last Daze said

This is not in the context of the beast from the sea (abyss).  If anything it refers to the man of sin, the beast from the earth, who is the only human of the evil trio of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet (man of sin).

I don't think the MAN referred to in Isaiah 14 can be the false prophet. I think it has to be the 1st Beast. I base that on the Beast that was and is not and yet is.

Clue #6

19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

11 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Ha ha! People trying to find 666 in names have named many people to date: all wrong!

Ha, Ha. That is one clue, there are lot's of clues on who the Beast that was and is not and yet it is.

I actually thought you might be able to come up with a name. I am surprised that know one knows the name of the Beast.

1 hour ago, Da Puppers said:

Did John "see" the beast that WAS NOT? That sounds a bit fecicious. But it's not. John seen the beast being ridden by the woman, [ mystery, Babylon]. Verse 8 is key to understanding this enigma.

Rev 17:8 KJV The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

There is an important interjectory clause there. Let me print it without it...

"...and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, [...CLAUSE...]when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. "

The world will be in great wonder when they behold the beast that "was and is not", BUT NOW IS! From the first part of that verse we should recognize that the beast does not ascend out of the pit UNTIL the beast is in stage 3 of his existence, which is:

Stage 1. Was,

Stage 2. Is not,

Stage 3. Yet [now] is.

John has equated this stage 3 [Yet Is] with the time when the beast SHALL ASCEND out of the bottomless pit. John did not see the beast when he "IS NOT", but when he YET IS and is being ridden by the woman. By referring over to:

Rev 13:8 KJV And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Somewhat agree.

...we can firmly establish WHEN the beast ascends from the pit. This takes place AFTER the beast from the sea has suffered the mortal head wound when one of its heads dies.

Okay

This is the head that has 10 horns and 10 crowns. It also takes place at the time that the beast from the earth arises who implements the mark of the beast. It is also AFTER the dragon who HAS 7 heads and 7 crowns. Crowns represent the authority to rule. Because the Rev 17 beast has no crowns on either the heads or horns shows us that this beast no longer has authority to rule. It is obviously the same beast, post his demise. It is a picture of the beast from the sea, after he has received his mortal wound. Remember that this beast will go through 3 stages of his existence. We should now recognize that:

stage 1 is as the beast from the sea.

Stage 2 is when the 10 horns suffer a mortal wound. Not only does the 7th head suffer this mortal wound, but "the beast", being in stage 2, NOW (at that time) Is Not!. Not only does the 7th head die, so does the beast become an "IS NOT". This helps us to understand that it is the beast that WAS (and now Is Not) that shall ascend out of the bottomless pit.

STAGE 3  [IS] The beast from the earth IS (shall be) the beast that ascends from the pit and WAS the beast from the sea, but afterwards will only have 2 horns.

Man that's complex. I agree that the 7th head dies. However, the 1st head, 2nd head, 3rd head, 4th head and 5th head also die so I cannot agree with your point.

Am I following you correctly? You are saying that the 7th head dies and becomes the eighth head????

The kingdom of the 10 horns, the 7th head, shall give "their kingdom" unto the beast (from the sea). BUT the beast has 7 heads AND 10 horns.

From Daniel 2 we should recognize that, not only are the 10 horns the same as the 10 toes, but this is where the stone kingdom strikes the image... on the feet. It strikes the feet OF THE GREAT IMAGE and the image is broken into (it's individual) pieces of iron, clay, gold, silver and brass. Daniel 2 is about what shall happen in the last days when the kingdom of God is set up.

This happens when the 10 horns make war against the Lamb and the Lamb overcomes them. This is when the 7th head AND the Beast shall die. This is when the great image is broken into pieces.

What is this great image? It is the beast with 7 heads. It is the unification of the kingdoms of gold, silver, brass and iron. The kingdom of iron mixed with clay is merely the Roman aspect of the great image. The 10 horns will give their kingdom unto the beast. The last days will bring a concerted, joint effort between Europeans and Arabs to destroy Israel, principally represented by Jerusalem, its capital. But after Jesus destroys the 10 horns, the beast will have fallen. 

I think you taxed my brain brother.

Can you name the eighth Beast?

The sounding of the 7th trumpet is at the heart of the demise of the beast.   It does not say,  nor mean that Christ comes at the 7th trumpet.   It is the setting up of the kingdom of God with the defeat of the 10 horns and the beast. 

I believe that Jesus returns at the 7th trumpet.

The 7 heads of the beast are portrayed in Daniel 7 as the 4 heads of the leopard and 1 head each for the other 3 kings (lion, bear, and 4th beast). As the image is to be broken up into its 4 individual kingdoms, there will be 4 kings to arise from the earth when the stone kingdom of God is set up. The beast from the earth,  Rev 13, is merely the rise of the 4th king of Daniel 7. And the 4th beast will subdue the other 3 kings. They can't be subdued unless they are the separate broken entities of the beast, the great image. The 8th head/ king of "the beast" is this king that will arise after the 7th head dies. He will attempt to resurrect "the beast". The beast from the earth with only two horns is the attempt by the false prophet to restore the beast. His efforts will emphasize the implementation of the mark. The beast is not Rome, but the 10 horns will be the principal representative of Rome as part of the conglomerate Greco-Romanistic kingdom, having great IRON teeth and nails of BRASS.

Dan 7:19 KJV Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

Yep, you taxed my brain. Need a recharge.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,090
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 5/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, The Light said:

Good morning Revelation Man

Can you quote the verses that say that we should be looking for a Greek, Assyrian, athiest, from the EU?

I will address your post late morning or early afternoon.

THE ASSYRIAN Angle

Isaiah 10:20-34....then in Isaiah 11 we see that the wolf will lie down with the sheep. In verses 21-23 the remnant will return unto God {see Zechariah 12:10 and 13:1 and 13:8-9, and Malachi 4:5} Then the Assyrian's "BURDEN" will be broken off the backs of Israeli Jews.

Isaiah 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt. 25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

26 And the Lord of hosts shall stir up a scourge for him according to the slaughter of Midian at the rock of Oreb: and as his rod was upon the sea, so shall he lift it up after the manner of Egypt. 27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Notice, God tells them, via Isaiah that His INDIGNATION {70TH week of the 70 weeks Judgment} will END SHORTLY {with the return of Jesus no doubt}. This Assyrians BURDEN shall be lifted off of the Jews backs, and the YOKE DESTROYED. Then in the next chapter we get this BELOW:

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

So The Assyrians YOKE being broken, and God's INDIGNATION at Israel being FINISHED, followed by this Millennial quote in Isaiah 11, shows us these are all END TIME EVENTS, and that the Assyrian is the Anti-Christ, once he is defeated there will be TOTAL PEACE and serenity. 

THE GREEK Angle

Daniel 8:8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. { Or by reverse engineering this we can just say he MUST ATTACK from the Northwest !! Its just that simple really}

Now, which is the only one of the Kingdoms which can ATTACK from the North West ? Its not Selecus as we can clearly see, nor Ptolemy, its only Cassandra that can attack TOWARDS the East, South and the Holy Land. Nothing else fits, but people CLOSE THEIR EYES TO FACTS !!

1402922208_unnamed(1).gif.d97dcda3b3516d78f82a2e33ecea5ced.gif

Daniel 8:16 And I heard a man's voice{Jesus} between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. 17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision. 18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation{70th week ends God's Wrath}: for at the time appointed the end shall be. 20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia{Alexander the great}: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king. 22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power {Four Generals Kingdoms}.

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.{Little Horn/Anti-Christ} 24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power{Rev. 13:2 says the Dragon gives him his POWER}: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many {See MANY in Dan. 9:27 and Dan. 11:40-43}: he shall also stand up against the Prince{Jesus} of princes; but he shall be broken without hand{See Daniel ch. 2, the Mountain SMASHES the Statue WITHOUT HANDS}.

So, the above scriptures is ALL ABOUT this King that comes out of one of the Four Generals Kingdoms in the LATTER TIMES, and he also understands Dark Riddles, his POWER is given to him by Satan just as Rev. 13:2 says, he will DESTROY BY PEACE, just as Dan. 9:27 and the 2nd Seal says in Rev. 6, it says not that Wars are brought via the Red Horse, but that PEACE IS TAKEN AWAY !! These scriptures clearly say this man Stands up against Jesus {Prince of princes}, and is destroyed WITHOUT HANDS, and in Rev. 19, we know Jesus SPEAKS VICTORY by the Sword of his Mouth. 

The E.U. King Angle

Daniel 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things {The Anti-Christ/Last Beast, which indeed = a MAN}. 9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow{Jesus reigns}, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. {In verse 11 we see this MAN/Beast is cast into HELL FIRE, just like in Rev. 19:20}

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Romans will DESTROY the Temple, and the prince that will come {Anti-Christ} will arise out of Europe also during the End Times. His Kingdom on a MAP will look just like the Fourth Beast, he will lead Europe and Conquer the rest of the Mediterranean Sea Region just like Daniel 11:40-43 says, thus we get THIS BELOW: Europe PLUS all the Nations the E.U Currently has 7 year Policy Deals with, whom they will Conquer according to Daniel 11:40-43, thus NOTICE the Maps look IDENTICAL. Rome and his Little Horn Son !!

15129820_954918050865d37c35d6e2f762917aca(1).jpg.fbfc6a5d55e461d88afee482ffa5b7fe.jpg

2060941692_peak-of-roman-empire(2).gif.015284fd43c1a2fa47db518d83cc5dc4.gif

NOTICE: Only the Roman Empire and the Coming E.U. Empire {when they Conquer the Landmass as shown in Daniel 11:40-43} ENCOMPASS the whole Mediterranean Sea Coastline, none of the other Beasts did this, I will show the Greek Empire Map, it was more Eastern Centic in nature. 

e561e6fbfc7aec92631dbcdb69e3138a.gif.ed2c1df18f81ebaeaa0d5752cf6146bd.gif

So, the Greek Empire, like the Persian Empire and Babylonian Empire did not encompass the entire Mediterranean Sea Coastline, but the Roman Empire did, and the E.U. when they Conquer Syria, Israel, Lebanon, and all of North Africa, as Daniel 11:40-43 says the Anti-Christ will do, will look just like his PAPA. He ARISES out of PAPAS Head, but he is born in Greece, which lies within the E.U. and hes an Assyrian Turk. 

The Atheist Angle

Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. 37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Now of course once the Dragon gives him his POWER he understands there is a God and a Devil/Satanic Forces. But we are speaking as per to WHO HE IS NOW, he is an Atheist, then once he gains Power, no doubt he will come to understand whom he is and what his battle entails, else how could he gather an Army to try to defeat God at the very end ? The point is, hes alive right now, and he is an Atheist, he will come to power as an Atheist, then realize that either there is a God, or he will be deceived into thinking he has attained the power of a god all unto himself. But I of course assume he understands there is a God at the midway point, when the two-witnesses can't be killed. But as we speak, hes an Atheist, he comes to power as an Atheist. 

enf.png

tumblr_pk7rkndUCJ1rasnq9o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Revelation Man

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

THE GREEK Angle

Daniel 8:8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. { Or by reverse engineering this we can just say he MUST ATTACK from the Northwest !! Its just that simple really}

Now, which is the only one one of the Kingdoms which can ATTACK from the North West ? Its not Selecus as we can clearly see, nor Ptolemy, its only Cassandra that can attack TOWARDS the East, South and the Holy Land. Nothing else fits, but people CLOSE THEIR EYES TO FACTS !!

Daniel 8:16 And I heard a man's voice{Jesus} between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. 17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision. 18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation{70th week ends God's Wrath}: for at the time appointed the end shall be. 20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia{Alexander the great}: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king. 22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power {Four Generals Kingdoms}.

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.{Little Horn/Anti-Christ} 24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power{Rev. 13:2 says the Dragon gives him his POWER}: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many {See MANY in Dan. 9:27 and Dan. 11:40-43}: he shall also stand up against the Prince{Jesus} of princes; but he shall be broken without hand{See Daniel ch. 2, the Mountain SMASHES the Statue WITHOUT HANDS}.

So, the above scriptures is ALL ABOUT this King to comes out of one of the Four Generals Kingdoms in the LATTER TIMES, and he understands Dark Riddles, his POWER is given to him by Satan just as Rev. 13:2 says, he will DESTROY BY PEACE, just as Dan. 9:27 and the 2nd Seal says in Rev. 6, it says not that Wars are brought via the Red Horse, but that PEACE IS TAKEN AWAY !! These scriptures clearly say this man Stands up against Jesus {Prince of princes, and is destroyed WITHOUT HANDS, and in Rev. 19, we know Jesus SPEAKS VICTORY by the Sword of his Mouth. 

Sorry, RM, but you way off here, pulling verses WAY out of their context. The entirety of Dan. 8 is about ancient Persia, then Greece, then the four generals of Greece. In timing it never gets past the later time of THEIR (the four generals) kingdom. It is about Antiochus, not about the Little Horn if Dan. 7. Daniel tells us of TWO "little Horns."  the Little Horn of Dan. 8 is NOT the Beast of Rev. 13 - it is Antiochus. Why not just believe the Amplified bible? They got it right. 

Benson Commentary: 

Daniel 8:23. And in the latter end of their kingdom — When their power was diminishing, and the Roman empire beginning to be established in Greece, from whence the Grecian kingdoms in Asia had their origin: for the bringing of Greece into subjection to the Roman power was a manifest indication of the declension of the Macedonian, or third monarchy, with its four heads, and the advancement of the fourth monarchy. Now this was remarkably brought to pass when Æmilius, the Roman consul, vanquished Perseus, king of Macedonia, and thereby brought all Greece under the power of the Romans, which happened one hundred and sixty-six years before Christ, and about the time when Antiochus profaned the temple, and set up therein the abomination of desolation.

Barne's notes: 

And in the latter time of their kingdom - When it shall be drawing to an end. All these powers were ultimately absorbed in the Roman power; and the meaning here is, that taking the time from the period of their formation - the division of the empire after the battle of Ipsus (see the notes at Daniel 8:8), until the time when all would be swallowed up in the Roman dominion, what is here stated - to wit, the rise of Antiochus - would be in the latter portion of that period. The battle of Ipsus was fought 301 b.c., and the Roman power was extended over all those regions gradually from 168 b.c. - the battle of Pydna, when Perseus was defeated, and Macedonia was reduced to a Roman province, to 30 b.c., when Egypt was subjected - the last of these kingdoms that submitted to the Roman arms. Antiochus began to reign, 175 b.c. - so that it was in the latter part of this period.

Matthew Poole's Commentary

In the latter time of their kingdom, i.e. when they were come to the height, and beginning to decline. It notes that time when the Romans began to seize part of the Grecian kingdom, by Emilius Probus, who subdued Perseus king of Macedonia, and thereby brought all Greece under the Roman jurisdiction; which was one hundred and sixty-six years before Christ was born, that very year Antiochus set up the abomination of desolation.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

And in the latter time of their kingdom,.... Toward the close of the kingdom of the four kings that divided Alexander's kingdom; for though they were four distinct kings, and had four separate kingdoms, yet these all belonged to one kingdom or monarchy, the Grecian empire; and when that was decreasing, and coming into the hands of the Romans, there rose up, stood, and flourished awhile, King Antiochus, afterwards described, who began to reign in the hundred and thirty seventh year of the Seleucidae,

And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of {h} fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

(h) Noting that this Antiochus was impudent and cruel, and also crafty so that he could not be deceived.

23. in the latter time of their kingdom] in the closing period of the rule of the Diadochi (which the author pictures as brought altogether to an end at the death of Antiochus).

Haydock Commentary:

A little horn. Antiochus Epiphanes, a descendant of Seleucus. He grew against the south and the east, by his victories over the kings of Egypt and Armenia; and against the strength, that is, against Jerusalem and the people of God. (Challoner) --- He persecuted God's people, and set up the idol of Jupiter Olympius in the very temple. (Worthington)

Matthew Poole's Commentary:

In the latter time of their kingdom, i.e. when they were come to the height, and beginning to decline. It notes that time when the Romans began to seize part of the Grecian kingdom, by Emilius Probus, who subdued Perseus king of Macedonia, and thereby brought all Greece under the Roman jurisdiction; which was one hundred and sixty-six years before Christ was born, that very year Antiochus set up the abomination of desolation.

Scofield Notes:

Margin king of fierce countenance

i.e. Antiochus Epiphanes who arose out of Syria, one of the "four kingdoms," B.C. 170.

Most of the commentaries recognize that Daniel is talking about the later time of the Grecian kingdom, and has nothing to do with our future. Of course, I know: you believe you know better than all these learned men. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,090
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

7 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Sorry, RM, but you way off here, pulling verses WAY out of their context. The entirety of Dan. 8 is about ancient Persia, then Greece, then the four generals of Greece. In timing it never gets past the later time of THEIR (the four generals) kingdom. It is about Antiochus, not about the Little Horn if Dan. 7. Daniel tells us of TWO "little Horns."  the Little Horn of Dan. 8 is NOT the Beast of Rev. 13 - it is Antiochus. Why not just believe the Amplified bible? They got it right. 

Benson Commentary: 

Daniel 8:23. And in the latter end of their kingdom — When their power was diminishing, and the Roman empire beginning to be established in Greece, from whence the Grecian kingdoms in Asia had their origin: for the bringing of Greece into subjection to the Roman power was a manifest indication of the declension of the Macedonian, or third monarchy, with its four heads, and the advancement of the fourth monarchy. Now this was remarkably brought to pass when Æmilius, the Roman consul, vanquished Perseus, king of Macedonia, and thereby brought all Greece under the power of the Romans, which happened one hundred and sixty-six years before Christ, and about the time when Antiochus profaned the temple, and set up therein the abomination of desolation.

Barne's notes: 

And in the latter time of their kingdom - When it shall be drawing to an end. All these powers were ultimately absorbed in the Roman power; and the meaning here is, that taking the time from the period of their formation - the division of the empire after the battle of Ipsus (see the notes at Daniel 8:8), until the time when all would be swallowed up in the Roman dominion, what is here stated - to wit, the rise of Antiochus - would be in the latter portion of that period. The battle of Ipsus was fought 301 b.c., and the Roman power was extended over all those regions gradually from 168 b.c. - the battle of Pydna, when Perseus was defeated, and Macedonia was reduced to a Roman province, to 30 b.c., when Egypt was subjected - the last of these kingdoms that submitted to the Roman arms. Antiochus began to reign, 175 b.c. - so that it was in the latter part of this period.

Matthew Poole's Commentary

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

And in the latter time of their kingdom,.... Toward the close of the kingdom of the four kings that divided Alexander's kingdom; for though they were four distinct kings, and had four separate kingdoms, yet these all belonged to one kingdom or monarchy, the Grecian empire; and when that was decreasing, and coming into the hands of the Romans, there rose up, stood, and flourished awhile, King Antiochus, afterwards described, who began to reign in the hundred and thirty seventh year of the Seleucidae,

And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of {h} fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

(h) Noting that this Antiochus was impudent and cruel, and also crafty so that he could not be deceived.

23. in the latter time of their kingdom] in the closing period of the rule of the Diadochi (which the author pictures as brought altogether to an end at the death of Antiochus).

Haydock Commentary:

A little horn. Antiochus Epiphanes, a descendant of Seleucus. He grew against the south and the east, by his victories over the kings of Egypt and Armenia; and against the strength, that is, against Jerusalem and the people of God. (Challoner) --- He persecuted God's people, and set up the idol of Jupiter Olympius in the very temple. (Worthington)

Matthew Poole's Commentary:

Scofield Notes:

Margin king of fierce countenance

i.e. Antiochus Epiphanes who arose out of Syria, one of the "four kingdoms," B.C. 170.

Most of the commentaries recognize that Daniel is talking about the later time of the Grecian kingdom, and has nothing to do with our future. Of course, I know: you believe you know better than all these learned men. 

I don't need your cherry picked commentaries from people who are not even living in these very END TIMES like I am. Jesus called the Pharisees stiff necked and blind for a reason, they couldn't see truths when it was presented to them. They just knew Jesus couldn't be the Son of God, but of course they were wrong weren't they? So, believe as you will, I am not wasting time trying to get people to believe or not believe, I am just stating facts, believe as you will. 

What I find, is peoples IDEAS matter more than what the Scriptures tell us. I don't just come up with ideas off the top of my head. I seek answers and sometimes I don't get an answer for 20-25 years, I am not the type who just willy nilly says HERE YOU GO.............When I hear from God I know it, and it took almost 30 years for God to give me these truths. I have seen many people that go from fad to fad, that ain't me. 

I mean, there is NO WAY Daniel 8:25 is about the end of the Grecian Kingdoms because its NEVER ENDED...........If you would read Dan 7:11-12 it tells you that. It only LOST DOMINION. 

Daniel 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. 12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

Greece is still around, but you somehow have them KILLED OFF 2000 years ago !! Its VERY CLEAR, the fact is people will go with anything that backs up what they already believe, its called TUNNEL VISION Brother. It really makes me just SMH to tell you the truth. 

This isn't even a hard call. "Prince" is Capitalized, because its Jesus...........only Jesus is ever even mentioned as defeating WITHOUT HANDS, how many clues are you just going to throw in the bin brother? 

The very first CLUE should be that TWO CHAPTERS back to back are not going to call TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE the Little Horn. 

Edited by Revelation Man