dhchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

As I watch the news the following verse comes to mind prophetically: Re: the riots

And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. (Matthew 24:12, ESV)

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, dhchristian said:

As I watch the news the following verse comes to mind prophetically: Re: the riots

And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. (Matthew 24:12, ESV)

Plagues + Lawlessness. Yes, most Biblical. 

Good point, dh.

Rev 16:10-11  And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, (11)  And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Matt 24:38-39

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
KJV

I can just picture Jesus speaking to His disciples this above and knowing at that time they also knew the OT below

Gen 6:5-6

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

23 hours ago, Addy said:

@Michael37 I was wondering if you are attending or have attended some kind of seminary or bible school... You seem to have an amazing... indepth knowledge of the bible.  This is just a curiosity question if that's ok ??

Thanks for your positive comment, Addy. Yes, aside from the fact that my father and grandfather were both Anglican clergymen in a longer line of clerics and the such, in 1988 I developed a strong desire to know what was being taught at Bible Colleges and the like. I had already done some basic study through 4 terms of night classes at an AOG School of the Bible, and was doing an International Correspondence Institute course on Christian Service but it seemed to me the Holy Spirit was stirring me to more. I began looking at going to a Bible College in another city but my wife was not keen on moving. As providence woud have it the AOG started a Ministry Training College in our city 8 minutes walk from our place, as a result of which I gained 2 Diplomas, one for the foundational theory module and 1 for the practical fieldwork module.

What I find most useful is the threads on internet forums that prompt me to be like the Bereans, searching the Scriptures to see if it is so. Also, I have an associate who has a fantastic memory for Scriptures, and he keeps me on my toes with quotes that either confirm or deny matters, or leave them open for further examination.

Blessings to you, @Addy 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Pandemic + unemployment + unpaid bills, rents, etc. + eviction notice + social isolation / distancing + businesses closed + racial tension (Asians) + police brutality (blacks) + promotion of  white supremacy = Take cover and pray.

The nations of the Earth stand in bewilderment of what is happening to America.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, BrandonLee said:

Pandemic + unemployment + unpaid bills, rents, etc. + eviction notice + social isolation / distancing + businesses closed + racial tension (Asians) + police brutality (blacks) + promotion of  white supremacy = Take cover and pray.

The nations of the Earth stand in bewilderment of what is happening to America.

And the richest man on earth, Bill will come to "save" you with vaccine + digital certificate (kind of electronic/microchip implant)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

It's almost like we're living in the last days... America is tearing itself apart internally [morally, politically, economically and spiritually], and we all know a house divided cannot stand. There's a big difference of word meaning between 'united' and 'unity'; as in the United States. Could all that is happening be a contributing cause and reason the worlds super power is conspicuously absent in scripture?

Our nation is so far in debt, both publicly and privately it boggles the mind. Government debt [the debt the public is legally responsible for] is increasing by the TRILLIONS. Previous to this 'trillions' giveaway, our country was bankrupt and insolvent. The global economies and production are crashing. Imagine what's going to happen when our party crashes, and the welfare checks, food stamps, Section 8 housing and entitlements have to come to an end? If one single incident such as the one we're experiencing now, triggered what's happening now [riots and lawlessness], do you suppose our society will remain calm when the free bread and circuses stop flowing?

Just a thought...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yep. It looks like America is tearing itself apart. The end time has begun and prophecies will unfold.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/31/2020 at 2:51 AM, dhchristian said:

I also had this verse come to mind, along with 2 Timothy 3:1-5

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 5/31/2020 at 12:51 AM, dhchristian said:

Lawlessness in the world, and lawlessness in the Church, among the assembly that once believed the Divine message.

Just like in the days of Noah.

• Thumbs Up 2