IGNORED

Will we see an upswing in Covid-19 cases due to the protest and riots?

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

I'd say give it about 2 weeks or so and we'll have our answer for certain. My guess is the lame stream media will be silent about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Maybe the CDC will use this as a test case study?  If the cities show a raise in new cases, then I guess I'll have my answer.  Time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I hope we do not see covid-19 spreads :( 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

For many days I have watched how Covid-19 social distancing and stay at home suggestions have been completely ignored while people gather for both the protesting and late night rioting.  I began to wonder if we will begin to see a spike of new cases in a week or two because of this disregard for covid-19 warnings?

That's an extremely valid point to make and there's also a very strong possibility of outbreaks ocurring.   

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Maybe the CDC will use this as a test case study?  If the cities show a raise in new cases, then I guess I'll have my answer.  Time will tell.

This is very likely as well. If cases do surge as a result, attempting marshal law could create a disaster. 

40 minutes ago, shortangel said:

I hope we do not see covid-19 spreads :( 

I certainly hope it won't happen either. Really not a good thing at all. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was about to put the same topic up. 

All these protests are deeply worrying as surely they make a nonsense of the lockdowns and measures against coronavirus? 

Crowds chanting, packed together, ideal for the virus to spread. I feel everyone is doomed. Do they not care? 

For ordinary people here in the UK certainly, our lives have been at a standstill for many weeks. Protest marches are happening here too, along with large crowds gathering on beaches and beauty spots the moment we get nice weather. 

I believe the next 2 or 3 weeks will show big rises in Covid 19 cases. In which case terrible tragedies are imminent. 

I have not seen my parents for weeks, i realise i am unlikely to see them for a long time now, possibly never again. Same for my friends, i miss them all. It is hard to be without any social or church life. I am deeply depressed. I only go out once a week for groceries, wearing a mask and gloves. That feels a bit silly really, considering how so many people do not seem to care. Death numbers have gone down in the UK but will that change soon? 

I do not like life any more. Being isolated is a hard thing. Many people are very lonely. We could have beaten this virus by now if only people would be sensible. 

Edited by Melinda12

What would marshall law be like? I think Spain did it and it has worked. 

I am willing to obey clear sensible instructions but that is no use if so many refuse to do it. The behaviour of British people who rush out to beaches is destructive to everyone. All the sacrifices the NHS staff have made. All the people already dead.

I cannot take much more. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

For many days I have watched how Covid-19 social distancing and stay at home suggestions have been completely ignored while people gather for both the protesting and late night rioting.  I began to wonder if we will begin to see a spike of new cases in a week or two because of this disregard for covid-19 warnings?

Unless everyone intends to walk around in masks for the rest of their lives it really makes no difference, at some point we will all be exposed to it if it is as contagious as has been suggested.  Viruses don't just go away, once a person has been infected with a virus they will always be infected with it, and thereby can infect others with it.  For example, once an individual is HIV positive ( a well known virus), they are always HIV positive.  There are many viruses, which over time mutate into different strains and create new challenges.  While some viruses have been treatable over time, treatments only manage the symptoms of the virus for infected individuals, they are not cured.

This entire thing stinks of nothing more than a method of conditioning, and quite frankly the only thing alarming to me from the outset is how easily people fall into the panic mode and surrender their own freedoms without batting an eye.  Churches should have never closed their doors, businesses should have never been forced to shut down.  It is hard to fathom any circumstance in which healthy people need to be quarantined.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yes, I think we will see an upswing of cases.   

So many of us here were staying home as much as possible, and wearing masks in more recent weeks.

But we have had really gigantic mobs of protesters in various areas of the city.   All shoulder to shoulder.   Many people hugging each other.   Plus the police officers have to stand face to face with them.

The virus takes up to two weeks to appear....so we will soon have our answer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,417
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I think it could happen. My home state is a few weeks into partially reopening, and IMO it's premature. But more states are following suit, AND we have the riots.