IGNORED

Will we see an upswing in Covid-19 cases due to the protest and riots?

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

So far I don't think the areas where the protesting happened had an upswing yet. But it's only been 1 week. I think we have to wait until the last week of June to be sure. If we don't see the upswing in cases it could mean the virus simply goes dormant in the summer like the flu does. I want to be rid of Covid-19 as much as anyone and I hope we are. But I have a hunch it will be back. Nevertheless, the lockdown has to end. I don't think it was meant to go on over 6 weeks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

15 hours ago, Debp said:

Not really.   My friend had it, and went through an extremely horrible ordeal with it.    And he was a healthy, early 50s individual.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/250000-urgentmy-friend-has-corona-virus/

I'm sure he did. Many people have. Multiple studies have shown that the number of people that had it is far higher than the official numbers. Studies have also shown that many people had it and either only shower a few symptoms or none at all, and that this was going around as early as December of last year.

I never said it wasn't real, I said it's been blown way out of proportion. There was absolutely no legitimate reason to shut the economy down over it, it's basically just a bad strain of the flu. The entire shutdown wasn't for our safety, it was a power grab, pure and simple.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Not a surprise. We've cases here in this nursing facility. Several weeks ago we didn't have any. Not good.  

Thats bad Beau, very bad situation, hope u can survive.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

30 minutes ago, The_Patriot2020 said:

I never said it wasn't real, I said it's been blown way out of proportion. There was absolutely no legitimate reason to shut the economy down over it, it's basically just a bad strain of the flu. The entire shutdown wasn't for our safety, it was a power grab, pure and simple.

Correct!!!! The median age of people who have died from this in the usa is 81 . Protect the elderly and let everybody else go about their lives as normal.  

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2020 said:

I never said it wasn't real, I said it's been blown way out of proportion. There was absolutely no legitimate reason to shut the economy down over it, it's basically just a bad strain of the flu. The entire shutdown wasn't for our safety, it was a power grab, pure and simple

The reason for why the virus was handled the way it was:   See what happened in NYC and NJ.   

Hospitals, doctors and nurses were being totally overwhelmed.   They didn't even have time to eat or use the bathroom.    Worked extra long, no days off.   One lady doctor committed suicide.   Doctors from other States were being flown in to help.    Retired doctors and nurses were asked to return to work.

The morgues were overflowing in NYC and NJ.    Bodies were being put into the park!   Bodies were being kept in large refrigerated trucks.

5 hours ago, Debp said:

The reason for why the virus was handled the way it was:   See what happened in NYC and NJ.   

Hospitals, doctors and nurses were being totally overwhelmed.   They didn't even have time to eat or use the bathroom.    Worked extra long, no days off.   One lady doctor committed suicide.   Doctors from other States were being flown in to help.    Retired doctors and nurses were asked to return to work.

The morgues were overflowing in NYC and NJ.    Bodies were being put into the park!   Bodies were being kept in large refrigerated trucks.

if you look at the actual numbers in new york, it wasn't even that bad-they didnt even have to go into the full lockdown that they did. Some preventative measures sure, but nowhere near as much as they did, and you certainly didn't need to shut down the entire economy. In fact the actual science suggests its only really deadly to the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, while the vast majority of adults get over it just fine and the body creates antibodies for it. It would have been far better to isolate the elderly/compromised immune systems and just let it run rampant among everyone else, so as to prevent it from ever becoming a "pandemic" again.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 minutes ago, The_Patriot2020 said:

if you look at the actual numbers in new york, it wasn't even that bad-they didnt even have to go into the full lockdown that they did. Some preventative measures sure, but nowhere near as much as they did, and you certainly didn't need to shut down the entire economy. In fact the actual science suggests its only really deadly to the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, while the vast majority of adults get over it just fine and the body creates antibodies for it. It would have been far better to isolate the elderly/compromised immune systems and just let it run rampant among everyone else, so as to prevent it from ever becoming a "pandemic" again.

So let the hospitals, doctors and nurses become totally overwhelmed and give them nervous breakdowns?   Then because the hospitals and staff can't handle anymore, let the ill suffer and die in their homes?    Also, because there weren't enough ventilators in the hospitals, let the ill suffocate?   Let people suffocate in their homes?    

It's much more sensible to try to slow the spread of the virus so our hospitals and medical staff can handle the ill.

1 hour ago, Debp said:

So let the hospitals, doctors and nurses become totally overwhelmed and give them nervous breakdowns?   Then because the hospitals and staff can't handle anymore, let the ill suffer and die in their homes?    Also, because there weren't enough ventilators in the hospitals, let the ill suffocate?   Let people suffocate in their homes?    

It's much more sensible to try to slow the spread of the virus so our hospitals and medical staff can handle the ill.

Name one hospital in the US that was totally overrun. Keep in mind there is plenty of evidence that the virus has been here since December, and we didn't go into lockdown until what, may? With zero hospitals overrun.

As a matter of fact many hospitals across the US including NYC I believe have been laying doctors and nurses off.

Many other countries across the globe handled this "pandemic" without going into total lockdown and came out just fine-both health wise and economy wise.

We have 1.8 million confirmed cases of Covid-19. But we have 40 million people out of work. 40 million lives ruined, just because people are afraid of getting sick. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous, that means the "solution" is 40 times worse then the original problem, and if the solution is far worse then the problem, then it's not the solution.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Further proof to the truth of what those of us who are trying to help folks who seem to believe a lockdown was necessary, or that quarantining healthy people is something that was sensible.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/8/2020 at 5:43 AM, Debp said:

Los Angeles had daily news conferences by our health department, until the protests knocked them off the news.   The director of health here reported that our sheltering in place and social distancing was indeed helping us.

However, now with the massive mobs of protesters, I think we will see a faster spread of the virus.    One mob here yesterday was 20 thousand people.

Just remember this...  The officials of the health department, have invested interest in claiming their policies worked.

When you look at the numbers, the numbers were going up consistently.

When you look at Japan and Sweden, and Florida for spring break, none of them had the mass piles of bodies that all the "experts" in government health organizations around the world, said they would.

Does that mean they were wrong?  No.  But just remember, these people would lose their cushy government jobs if they said "all the policies we put in place, didn't work".

Are you going to say something that is going to lose you, your $170,000 a year job, working for Department of Health in California?  Not including those rich pension and benefits they get.

So let's be real.  If all the data they had in the entire state of California, showed that their policies were not working, they still say it was working.