• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

27 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

What are you saying " blanket statements"  

Gods word has already said about what we see happening today This is not about good cops and bad cops. Can you divide the good from the bad so we can live safer. This is about sin and those who choose to live in darkness rather that the light. Can their be truth and honor in a corrupt world. The most honest and upright cop will stand with all the rest on that day. 

Though we live our lives for Christ, we have to live in this world until we are called home.  Can I see a difference between good people and bad people, of course, because I am looking at them as they are, not as they should be.  We cannot judge the lost according to how we will be judged.  That job belongs to God and Him alone.  So, Mike, when you hear a blanket statement about Christians, are you going to scratch your head and wonder what they are saying like you just did about my words?  I sure hope not. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

My take on this would be.
We saw this terrible occurrence on live tv. The whole nation, the whole world was shocked and angered.
Imagine God, He sees everything, all bad deeds in the whole world happening every minute since creation.

I have to cry, how much patience He has with us.
Now that unbelievers feel the anger, try to explain to them the justice, the wrath of God.

Edited by Wesley L

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

well since were still talking. A good thing. I try not to watch just ONE news source even then.. try not to watch them. Yet I watched a person not a news source go through all the people hurt killed murdered on and on. And a few networks are not reporting that at all. Cops right not are being so mistreated...some worse then Floyd was. I know two that are dead. They were not murdered by white.

No one is talking about those other people. Just Floyd. Others just this last week..again have been treated far worse then Floyd was. HOW in the world is that not being talked about. I watched.. heard the names.. blood Of Jesus. Like you.. to see just ONE hurt.. just.. we need to pray

Song comes to mind..old song..trying to remember the words.. if all we had to do each day.. was get up and go out to play. Take each other by the hand..be the others biggest fan. Think how very proud you'd be if love was all there was to see"

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Wesley L said:

My take on this would be.
We saw this terrible occurrence on live tv. The whole nation, the whole world was shocked and angered.
Imagine God, He sees everything, all bad deeds in the whole world happening every minute since creation.

I have to cry, how much patience He has with us.
Now that unbelievers feel the anger, try to explain to them the justice, the wrath of God.

Excellent post, Wesley. 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i have a question that i'd like for each of you to research.   how many unarmed people have police killed that were not resisting arrest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

38 minutes ago, other one said:

i have a question that i'd like for each of you to research.   how many unarmed people have police killed that were not resisting arrest

Trying to do a search for this answer is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.  All it comes up with when asking that specific question is "no results".  Otherwise, if you just ask the question without quotes, you get "About 2,500,000 results (0.68 seconds) ".  All you come up with, page after page, is police brutality, racism, blacks killed by police, etc..

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

My gosh I just saw a clip of that video and that cop had his hands in his pocket the whole time he had his knee on that man's neck. This was a murder! Right out there in the open on video for the world to see.  If you don't think so you either have not seen the video, or you need to check your  soul to see if you still have one! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

My gosh I just saw a clip of that video and that cop had his hands in his pocket the whole time he had his knee on that man's neck. This was a murder! Right out there in the open on video for the world to see.  If you don't think so you either have not seen the video, or you need to check your  soul to see if you still have one! 

You are right Kay.  Simply murder.  Question is why?  Why now?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

On 6/6/2020 at 3:03 AM, Melinda12 said:

Yes a great wrong has been committed. No question. 

However- he was a giant. 6ft 6 inch tall. Criminal history. 46 years old so at the very peak of strength. 

Worth thinking about anyone faced with a man of that size and weight with seconds to decide action. Police face severe injury and death anytime. 

Nobody should die as he did of course. But context is an essential element. Yes there is a lot of injustice and such wrongs but - this man had once held a gun to a pregnant woman, done time in prison. 

Let's have all aspects out in the light of examination. Not paint a onesided picture. That too is dangerous. 

did you get this information from the conservative media outlet?

to be honest, based on my experience, i am very skeptical of media in general, whether they are liberal or conservative, because they often have their own agenda and can not be trusted with their reporting.

but if what you are saying here is true, yes, i do agree in general, police faces many dangers on their jobs, and they have to make some tough decisions. 

but in George Floyd's case, i don't know enough about the situation to know if what the police did to him was absolutely necessary.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

On 6/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, ChickenCoop said:

The other white cop who just watched and did nothing,  the Asia cop that just watched and did nothing,  the black cop who just watched and did nothing,  they were ok with it. But I am sure not ok with the fact that they have all been charged in this death.  

what do you mean?

so you are saying they should not have been charged with aiding and abetting in the death of George Floyd?