dad2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,523
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0

People should only 'bow the knee' to God. Today, we see people bowing the knee to all sorts of things such as protests against police. I wonder if any Christians are among them?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Isn't there a difference between showing respect, etc as apposed to bowing in worship.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Who me said:

Isn't there a difference between showing respect, etc as apposed to bowing in worship.

When people fear man and want to be seen to be one of the crowd is that not a form or worship? There were some folks in the old testament that wanted to bow the knee in man's temple's as well as in the temple of God. That was frowned upon by God. Daniel refused to bow the knee before the king's idol, but he did pray in his window and was seen bowing to God.

Edited by dad2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,238
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"your white. You were born with racism. Accept it"... Yet.. didn't you just loot that womans store? She was black.  I can hear her now "I thought black lifes matter? I'm black.. why did you do this to my store? I'm black. Why not just chock me now?" <--that was real. First part.. made up. Oh.. this is nothing to what has happened just over one week.

BLM group is not of God.. does deserve anything. How many times do we have to watch others look into that group.. what they said.. really stand for..anyway.  Right now in some schools they are teaching this racism is born into people. Just not black people..they say.  No you can be white black yellow red and be just as racist as any one.

There are videos not being show on 6 other networks. Where black people demand you bow.. and say sorry.. and say you are white privilege. Did we not see the little 5+ year old girl where mom but a sign on her saying SHES WHITE PRIVILEGE.  I watched them make people take a knee. Not asked nicely. Watched BLM get very upset as people were taking down their grefiti that they put on the walls.

So...yeah.. no respect to that group. I will help and defend anyone of any color that is being mistreated.

Edited by TheBlade
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Shalom to all with great grace in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 2:[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,378
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, dad2 said:

People should only 'bow the knee' to God. Today, we see people bowing the knee to all sorts of things such as protests against police. I wonder if any Christians are among them?

I don't quite understand this bowing the knee at these protests.... don't understand what it actually means.   I know the football player did it when he didn't want to stand for our National Anthem.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

14 hours ago, dad2 said:

It is my honest opinion, that Christians should not be involved in any protests that involve violence or looting.

If the current protests were entirely peaceful, then I wouldn't mind it so much.  But these protests are no longer about Floyd or injustice, they are in fact in favor of injustice.

https://www.foxla.com/video/689995

These are people just trying to steal and destroy.   Christian have no business being involved in that.

https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/8-3.htm

The Bible warns us "Do not stand up for a bad cause".

Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

20 hours ago, Debp said:

I don't quite understand this bowing the knee at these protests.... don't understand what it actually means.   I know the football player did it when he didn't want to stand for our National Anthem.

There is a movement or cult or whatever you want to call them that's on the pavement preaching that they are the true Israelite's.  They have very strong ambitions and one is to make white people and those who they deem as non-Israelite's  their subordinates as they become the masters or rulers.  They may seem harmless, but what is happening right now I believe is part of their plan.  See this video on you tube, where whites are convinced to bow before them as their slaves ect.   This has been happening a long time now, as I have watched numerous videos on youtube, where their language is vulgar and plain in sight .

They have a large following of the young men and they are growing .  They may be playing a huge role in all this mayhem that is taking place.  Check out the youtube video and see it happening long before all this riot ect.

By the way, I should state that these events are demonic in nature and men are just the placeholder for the unclean spirits wrecking havoc.  This is my personal take as from my experience and witness of things spiritual. It's real folks, real.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LonerAndy said:

It is my honest opinion, that Christians should not be involved in any protests that involve violence or looting.

If the current protests were entirely peaceful, then I wouldn't mind it so much.  But these protests are no longer about Floyd or injustice, they are in fact in favor of injustice.

https://www.foxla.com/video/689995

These are people just trying to steal and destroy.   Christian have no business being involved in that.

https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/8-3.htm

The Bible warns us "Do not stand up for a bad cause".

Just my opinion.

Seems like mob rule.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

16 hours ago, dad2 said:

Takin' a knee has been a sign of respect and submission for a long time. Do I think folks these bow to a lot...yep, sure do. I believe these days it is up to a man/woman to use their own judgement based on morals. It will be God makin' the final decision in the end. hope this makes sense to ya.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 1