Lynz19

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In the midst of this ongoing crisis, I find myself struggling with all kinds of emotions and feelings. I've had two summer trips canceled on me and I spend my days at work dealing with some of the most selfish, rude, disrespectful people I've ever met. I feel disappointed and frustrated over these things, and then I feel angry at myself for feeling this way over pity insignificant things. I should be happy I still have a job. Trips are frivolity and don't matter in the long run. I'm caught between the maskes and the anti-maskers, both parties have brutally attacked me and my coworkers over the restrictions implemented by state and local ordinances. And then I find out I've been exposed to covid, by at least one person who willfully withheld her own exposure for several days. I've been driven away from my church by mistreatment perpetrated by church leaders, so I don't feel like I have a church family to lean on anymore. I feel beaten down and tired and hopeless. Maybe I'm just self centered and whiny, but this is what I'm going through and I have nowhere else to go. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,792
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

It is very normal to have these sorts of feelings when in the middle of something new and life changing as well as life threatening  You always have a friend here as well as a saviour to turn to when life feels so overwhelming :emot-hug:

Trips and other out of the normal breaks from life are important to refresh ourselves and I understand your disappointment Maybe you can have a hoe spa day or a pamper day to help you to relax ?When people start complaining try to smile pleasantly ( even if they can see it behind a mask they can actually feel it as it shows in your whole face )  and gently remind them that you understand their frustrations but it is out of your hands as you are only following required guidelines 

Try to pray for your coworker who obviously didn't understand ( maybe didn't even know as not everyone feels ill with it )  or may even have been desperate and hoping it would go away ...burying your head in the sand is not only done by ostriches 

Praying for you and sending a ( socially distanced ) cyber hug your way   :emot-hug:   :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

don't give up ok,  Jesus knows what you are going through & he will deal with these people accordingly,  I would pray about how the Lord will guide you to deal with your co workers about wearing masks or not wearing masks,  I would also encourage you to seek another church family that won't mistreat you pray about what kind of church family that the Lord will guide you to

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

My wife work had her/our trip canceled. Like after 30 years they send them somewhere very nice. NOPE! She can go NEXT YEAR! Really sad because she was SO happy and looking foreword to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

I can only think about Job when he sat in ashes physically and emotionally his friends came to visit but when they saw him they could not say anything but sat with him several days. When they finally did speak they were more like critics rather than friends. They thought only that he must have done something terrible that God would allow this to happen to him. They  were not sensitive.  Job held to his integrity that they were wrong. 

This is the kind of world we live in. We cannot look to the world to satisfy and comfort us when we have been put to the test emotionally. We draw our strength and our peace only  from above. Don't be discouraged God is with you always. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

18 hours ago, Lynz19 said:

In the midst of this ongoing crisis, I find myself struggling with all kinds of emotions and feelings. I've had two summer trips canceled on me and I spend my days at work dealing with some of the most selfish, rude, disrespectful people I've ever met. I feel disappointed and frustrated over these things, and then I feel angry at myself for feeling this way over pity insignificant things. I should be happy I still have a job. Trips are frivolity and don't matter in the long run. I'm caught between the maskes and the anti-maskers, both parties have brutally attacked me and my coworkers over the restrictions implemented by state and local ordinances. And then I find out I've been exposed to covid, by at least one person who willfully withheld her own exposure for several days. I've been driven away from my church by mistreatment perpetrated by church leaders, so I don't feel like I have a church family to lean on anymore. I feel beaten down and tired and hopeless. Maybe I'm just self centered and whiny, but this is what I'm going through and I have nowhere else to go. 

Prayers Lynz19.... Read 1 Peter 4, especially the part from verse 12 to the end of the chapter.... Note the words there... "rejoice", "exceeding Joy", "happy are ye".... 

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/1pe/4/12/s_1155012

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I can understand your feelings my friend, right now the world is a seriously messed up place. We are being prevented from our routines, trips and all things normal to us. It's natural to have feelings of depression and loneliness, and my friend, you are not alone in this regard, trust me. People around us seem to have changed, feelings have been on edge and our confidences rocked. 

The good thing is you came to a good place, full of good, caring people who really care and are more than willing to talk when the need strikes you. Whatever you do, don't hole up inside yourself and make it harder on you than it has to be. Come to the site and reach out, folks here will respond to you. Most importantly, talk to your Lord and Savior as He expects us to do in times of strife. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend,

JJ

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Hang on to Jesus Lynz

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

21 hours ago, Lynz19 said:

. I'm caught between the maskes and the anti-maskers, both parties have brutally attacked me and my coworkers over the restrictions implemented by state and local ordinances. And then I find out I've been exposed to covid, by at least one person who willfully withheld her own exposure for several days. I've been driven away from my church by mistreatment perpetrated by church leaders, so I don't feel like I have a church family to lean on anymore. I feel beaten down and tired and hopeless. Maybe I'm just self centered and whiny, but this is what I'm going through and I have nowhere else to go. 

Being exposed to daily abuse is highly stressful, add to that the worry of whether you will get the virus and your feelings of miss use by your pastor and I'm not surprised your feelings are all over the place.

Is there no friends at your old church to whom you can talk with and get advice from?

Otherwise it is a case of try and hold yourself together and to off load your frustrations etc to God, he is there for us to tell all our fears and worries to.

The mask shouters/complainers, all you can do is say sorry, I have to obey orders etc and forget them, they just want to rant and rave at a convenient target.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

22 hours ago, Lynz19 said:

I have nowhere else to go. 

I am aware of your feelings. And many here also feel a bit disjointed too. I normally play 10,000 reasons very loud for a while and find it sometimes helps.

Many will give you good advice: the best perhaps is that YOU ARE NOT ALONE...