IGNORED

Preach The Trinity

Fidei Defensor

Guest theElect777

I do not know him/her and it was my first and only time addressing him/her.

Edited by theElect777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

On 7/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, theElect777 said:

This portion here "the FATHER and the SON, sharing the same SPIRIT-POWER (Mindpower) by which they create without contradiction or disagreement.. That is my  understanding."

I would be careful of using mind power, The Church of Scientists teaches that God is Mind and you must attune your  mind to Him. Church of Scientist, not to be confused with Scientologists is a false cult that doesn’t believe 99% of Christian Truths in the Bible. The statement God is mind is refuted by Scripture, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." (John 4:24).  

The whole Trinity created everything together: 

Masoretic Text: 

“1 In the beginning God created the heavens l and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep, and 2 the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light.” (Genesis 1:1-3). 

What it means: 

“Verse 1. God the Father made heaven and earth. “I believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth” (Creed).

Verse 2. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit (BasilG; EphS). He proceeds from the Father, and is “the Lord and Giver of Life” (Creed). Since He is Lord, He is coequal with the Father, and is His Coworker in making heaven and earth.

Verse 3. God the Father spoke to His Word and Only-begotten Son, through whom He made the light (AthanG). Since the Son, too, is Lord, He is coequal with the Father, and is His Coworker in making heaven and earth. The Holy Fathers teach that the Father made heaven and earth through the Son and in the Holy Spirit. Thus, the Holy Trinity made heaven and earth, and the Church sings, “We glorify the Father, we exalt the Son, and we worship the Holy Spirit—the indivisible Trinity who exists as One—the Light and Lights, the Life and Lives, who grants light and life to the ends of the world” (CanonAnd).” (The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today, Genesis 1. Notes). 

The Same Trinity creates man verses later: 

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” (Genesis 1:26) 

Explained: 

“The Holy Trinity also made man. God the Father is speaking to God the Son (JohnChr), and He uses the personal pronouns Us and Our. These pronouns indicate three distinct Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as noted in 1: 1–3. The word image is in the singular, and shows the three distinct Persons of the Holy Trinity are one in nature and undivided. For it does not say, “Our images” (HilryP). Therefore, the Holy Trinity is one undivided nature in three distinct Persons. Man is not one in nature with the Holy Trinity. But He was made in the image and likeness of the Holy Trinity; and he was made male and female. Therefore, the dignity of each man and each woman is this image and likeness.” (The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today, Annotations of Genesis 1). 

Guest theElect777
4 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I would be careful of using mind power, The Church of Scientists teaches that God is Mind and you must attune your  mind to Him. Church of Scientist, not to be confused with Scientologists is a false cult that doesn’t believe 99% of Christian Truths in the Bible. The statement God is mind is refuted by Scripture, “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." (John 4:24).  

The whole Trinity created everything together: 

Masoretic Text: 

“1 In the beginning God created the heavens l and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty,darkness was over the surface of the deep, and 2 the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light.” (Genesis 1:1-3). 

What it means: 

“Verse 1. God the Father made heaven and earth. “I believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth” (Creed).

Verse 2. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit (BasilG; EphS). He proceeds from the Father, and is “the Lord and Giver of Life” (Creed). Since He is Lord, He is coequal with the Father, and is His Coworker in making heaven and earth.

Verse 3. God the Father spoke to His Word and Only-begotten Son, through whom He made the light (AthanG). Since the Son, too, is Lord, He is coequal with the Father, and is His Coworker in making heaven and earth. The Holy Fathers teach that the Father made heaven and earth through the Son and in the Holy Spirit. Thus, the Holy Trinity made heaven and earth, and the Church sings, “We glorify the Father, we exalt the Son, and we worship the Holy Spirit—the indivisible Trinity who exists as One—the Light and Lights, the Life and Lives, who grants light and life to the ends of the world” (CanonAnd).” (The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today, Genesis 1. Notes). 

The Same Trinity creates man verses later: 

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” (Genesis 1:26) 

Explained: 

“The Holy Trinity also made man. God the Father is speaking to God the Son (JohnChr), and He uses the personal pronouns Us and Our. These pronouns indicate three distinct Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, as noted in 1: 1–3. The word image is in the singular, and shows the three distinct Persons of the Holy Trinity are one in nature and undivided. For it does not say, “Our images” (HilryP). Therefore, the Holy Trinity is one undivided nature in three distinct Persons. Man is not one in nature with the Holy Trinity. But He was made in the image and likeness of the Holy Trinity; and he was made male and female. Therefore, the dignity of each man and each woman is this image and likeness.” (The Orthodox Study Bible: Ancient Christianity Speaks to Today, Annotations of Genesis 1). 

The "Statement" you are addressing is not something that I made.   It came from 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:15 AM, Betha said:

Maybe you should go to this post

Not sure why you are mentioning all the other possibilities when there was no ref made to any in connection with that particular verse ?

There is only One Holy Spirit who IS God and not another besides Him. Joh 4v24. That is why there are only 2 Beings in the Godhead.....

the FATHER and the SON, sharing the same SPIRIT-POWER (Mindpower) by which they create without contradiction or disagreement.. That is my  understanding.                                                                                                                                    

And copy/paste what you just posted to that poster.

Edited by theElect777

Guest theElect777

Fidei Defensor,

Do you understand I did not make that statement?   If so, then take your post and apply it to BETHA, the one who made that statement in this post

Not sure why you are mentioning all the other possibilities when there was no ref made to any in connection with that particular verse ?

There is only One Holy Spirit who IS God and not another besides Him. Joh 4v24. That is why there are only 2 Beings in the Godhead.....

the FATHER and the SON, sharing the same SPIRIT-POWER (Mindpower) by which they create without contradiction or disagreement.. That is my  understanding.

7 minutes ago, theElect777 said:

The "Statement" you are addressing is not something that I made.   It came from 

Maybe you should go to this post

I tried to find Betha’s quote, I merely quoted you because you had the statement Betha said that I wanted to address. 

I know you did not say it. :) 

Guest theElect777
5 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I tried to find Betha’s quote, I merely quoted you because you had the statement Betha said that I wanted to address. 

I know you did not say it. :) 

You're right it is gone. And Thank You!   It's good I quoted it then so there is proof.

Edited by theElect777

2 minutes ago, theElect777 said:

On page 1 the Chat Servant ALIVE has it quoted.   Maybe he had it removed?

I wouldn’t know, I leave that to the Mods. 

I just was concerned because whenever people say God is “Power of Mind” or something similiar that’s Church of Scientists, which isn’t Christian in the least. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

Guest theElect777
2 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I wouldn’t know, I leave that to the Mods. 

I just was concerned because whenever people say God is “Power of Mind” or something similiar that’s Church of Scientists, which isn’t Christian in the least. 

Amen!