IGNORED

Will the Elect reign "on the earth" or "over the earth" for 1,000 years?

BibleReader

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Omegaman 3.0 said:

If anyone participating in this thread, is noticing that their posts are not being approved, you might like to know that your attacks and criticisms of others, are not the topic, and people are weary of it and reporting you! You can improve your behavior, or consider that you might just get banned from threads, your choice!

Let's hope this does not end up with scripture being banned as well, because scripture is by nature critical and offensive and convicting.... censorship is a big issue in the world, apparently it is on this forum as well. I posted a link that dealt with censorship and it got deleted, How Ironic, and now I am posting scriptures and they are not getting approved. It is a slippery slope you are heading down to silencing the truth IMHO....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Let's hope this does not end up with scripture being banned as well, because scripture is by nature critical and offensive and convicting.... censorship is a big issue in the world, apparently it is on this forum as well. I posted a link that dealt with censorship and it got deleted, How Ironic, and now I am posting scriptures and they are not getting approved. It is a slippery slope you are heading down to silencing the truth IMHO....

You are well aware of the TOS.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

25 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

It is extremely rare that ideas are censored here, unless they are in extreme poor taste, obvious heresy, promoting things that are immoral or anti-Christian etc. We regularly allow things to be posted here, that no one on staff agrees with, but they are allowed to foster the interchange of ideas and to allow respectful debate to ensue, and people might learn from such expressions. People often learn a lot from others here, even from people who disagree with each other.

However, we do not put up with petty bickering and attacks, name calling and accusations. It is up to those posting to learn this and adapt, of find another forum (or even start their own) where lower standards of behavior are allowed. Scripture is never banned here, but those who abuse it or grievously mishandle it, might be.

By the way, you are not the topic. Others are not the topic. Alleged censorship on Worthy, is not the topic. If people can stick to the topic and discuss ideas instead of people, then things will go smoothly. Deviations from that simplicity, will generally not lead to messages being approved

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

Thanks. I agree.

How does that fact inform your understanding of 1) the Church and 2) the elect?

To me the church and the elect are synonymous, and one addition to the list you provided that I like to point to is Abel, because he takes us all the way back to Genesis and Jesus specifically makes a point to call him righteous.

Matthew 23:35  so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.

Based on one of your previous posts I would say we have the same view in that there are only two groups of people, those who are elect, and those who are not.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488

Just now, Alive said:

You are well aware of the TOS.

And the TOS is what facebook and twitter are using to censor voices as well, this is systematic of a bigger problem in the world today and it is infecting the churches and even this forum, i say that with all respect. the moment you cannot call out someone for tyranny is the moment tyranny wins out. I Hope you understand the ramifications of this, as history is repeating itself, only now the silencing hides behind TOS's and instead of the gestapo. 

Just now, Omegaman 3.0 said:

It is extremely rare that ideas are censored here, unless they are in extreme poor taste, obvious heresy, promoting things that are immoral or anti-Christian etc. We regularly allow things to be posted here, that no one on staff agrees with, but they are allowed to foster the interchange of ideas and to allow respectful debate to ensue, and people might learn from such expressions. People often learn a lot from others here, even from people who disagree with each other.

I Am not opposed to the battle field of ideas, never have been and never wanted anyone silenced which is why I rarely report posts. Part of that is calling a spade a spade, and not allowing them to hide behind their cloak. that is all I have ever done. Now if that person who is calling a person out is silenced, then they are free to promote their errors, and seduce those who do not see, and then the whole battlefield of ideas no longer exists and all you have is Propaganda of the dominant position. I Had a post that spoke about this on Mileau control which was censored ironically.... why? are you all afraid of this? Are you afraid of people having and being able to think critically by having all sides of the debate in the battlefield of ideas? You all have to make up your mind whether you are going to be like the world or if you are going to remain the salt of the earth, this is moderation issue, not an issue with the posters. There are also moderators here who are biased against certain posters, and I have their own words to prove this. To think the moderators are unbiased and objective is a mistake as well, who is moderating the moderators? Are they to remain unmoderated? 

Quite to the contrary, Just like in this country it is we the people who hold our leaders to account, so it should be on Forums such as this that the moderators are held to account by the people on the forum.... this probably may be threatening to you but it is not if you are doing your job honestly and without bias, but if you are holding a grudge against certain posters from past events and then use your position of authority to silence those voices, then you are guilty and should be held to account for this. 

Of course you are welcome to silence this criticism based on the TOS, or you can actually interact and restore faith in the governance of this forum by holding each other to account that the truth may win on the battle field of ideas and not be silenced by complainers and antagonists. Choice is yours, in silence i will know the truth of your motives.

16 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Of course you are welcome to silence this criticism based on the TOS

. . . and blah blah blah. Off topic again, clearly you either do not get it, or do not care. I probably should not have approved your post above, but so that others might learn from your example of what not to do, it is there as are the consequence also. Had you stuck to the topic, there would be no issue, but you seem to insist on making an example of how you think you are being mistreated, sort of some righteous, persecuted martyr I suppose. Perhaps some will be sympathetic to your plight, but I am not willing to have you interfere with the topic of the thread in order to make you the topic. Not one thing in your above post, was about the topic, and if you read my previous post, you knew better. Therefore, you are banned from the topic. Be smart, and don't repeat this pattern in other threads, it will not get you heard (I assume you would prefer to be). I would prefer you to be heard also, as long as you care to offer insights to the topic, and not act out on others. Debate the topic, not the person, and stick to the topic, and stop wasting time here.

9 minutes ago, Josheb said:

That is a very excellent thought and I will endeavor to remember that in my future thinking because I usually stop at Seth and Genesis 4:26 even though I know what you have just said is true. Well said. Thx

And would you say the elect have been around long before Calvary or Pentecost under different labels beside "church"? 

If so, then would you say the elect/Church have been reigning in one form or another throughout what we call history.... even if they have done so imperfectly or what we/they may have perceived to be varying degrees of success? Did not Abraham reign victoriously over the small section of the world God brought to him? How about Moses? He's a curious figure because on one hand he got to see the remnant of God's glory as it passed but he did not make it into the promised land. How about Deborah? Gideon? Samson? Boaz? The murderous adulterer David? Isaiah? Jeremiah? They jammed that guy in a log and cut him in half! Did he reign? Hosea, the whore-marrying prophet?

If any of these people are answered in the affirmative then this informs the answer to the question this op asks. The question appears to be asked eschatologically but if we apply whole scripture to it we find a bigger answer. 

This post reminds me of a thread I have been meaning to start based on the significance of 'the Land' and when in scripture God is referenced as the God of Heaven and Earth and then what the 'Land' means to our ongoing sanctification.

Thanks for the reminder.

:-)

Sorry--sort of--for the digression...or is it?

5 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Can't wait to read it. I hope the principles I've posted in my ops on the Protestant Hermeneutic and the New Testament rendering of the Old will be remembered when its penned because those practices are necessary. The NT has much to say directly and indirectly about the land promises. I've been planning on posting an op applying Acts 2:30-31 to every prophetic mention of David's throne found in the OT. Remind me if I dally ;) 

If I get yer drift...and my memory decides to remember.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

Right! So the mention of "thousand" might not mean a literal thousand. 

Yes that is my opinion, but still doesn't prove it 100%, since there are some very good Bible teachers/scholars who adhere to the literal 1,000 years. I suppose the real question is WHY we would be reigning on earth for that long??

50 minutes ago, Josheb said:
6 hours ago, dhchristian said:

And the TOS is what facebook and twitter are using to censor voices as well....

False equivalence. 

Moderating lawbreaking is not the same thing as censorship.

Every single one of us agreed to comply with the tou when we became members of the forum. Violating the tou makes a person a covenant breaker. Violating it intentionally, willfully, knowingly makes a person a liar.

. . . and etc. You know what you wrote Josheb. Josheb, I think you pretty much nailed it will what you said, but this also is reacting to people, and leaving the topic in order to do so. So please, let's try to keep it relevant to the OP and conversations and points which relate to that, and let's break this cycle of replying to each other to debate things that are NOT the subject.
Thanks for your anticipated understanding and compliance.