• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

I love it when people agree with me because that means more people are correct. 

:101:

I agree with you Chicken coops. Lol

• Haha 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It all seems so pointless. No one here wants to look at their selves and consider for a moment that maybe they are wrong about something.  Everyone believes they have all the right answers and no amount of facts, history, or reasonable conversation will change anyone's mind on anything.   So why do I bother going through the trouble of searching facts and data to show to someone who just posted nonsense when in the end. They just carry on with their same nonsense? And all I did was waste my time. 

I hope you reconsider. I like your posts and you seem even keeled. We have not had too much interaction, but when I see a post of yours pop up, I am drawn to read it. I wish I could say the same for all posters but thst is not the case. ?

blessings, m'Lady

Gids

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone has a point of view, and at a moment in time one thinks they are correct. Points of view can change especially when a person is growing in Christ. However the bible remains true and unchangeable, lest man also try to change Gods Word. ( which he tries)

Gods Word says the Holy spirit convicts each soul that gravitates to Him and hears His voice and bothers to look for it fervently.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/hearing_god

Other stuff and opinions on things have so many variables, that we should not get so out of sort just because someone thought something different. We all are on different spiritual growing stages, patience, Godly  patience is what brings understanding when we each in our own relationship with God and His Word turn to Him and Him alone for direction in His Ways and Truths.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,366
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It all seems so pointless. No one here wants to look at their selves and consider for a moment that maybe they are wrong about something.  Everyone believes they have all the right answers and no amount of facts, history, or reasonable conversation will change anyone's mind on anything.   So why do I bother going through the trouble of searching facts and data to show to someone who just posted nonsense when in the end. They just carry on with their same nonsense? And all I did was waste my time. 

LadyKay, I always enjoy reading your posts.   Maybe you should just take care in what topics you participate in?   At least, that is what I do.   I find it helpful.   After all, we are told in the Word to let the peace of Christ rule in our hearts, to which we are called.   No use disturbing our own peace with topics that would disturb us.

2114580188_Colossians315.jpg.501bcc47fa2069a69ef54c34491a1215.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Actually sister, you are right. It is pointless. We cannot change anyone. much less their heart. All of us are that way in degree, some more than others, some less. Only Jesus can change people.  Sometimes, I think the same thoughts you do. To me it seems obvious that some seem dumber than a box of rocks. I have a men's group; we meet Thursday nights. One man is always bickering with me about even my opinion. Nothing I say is good enough.  He is an older man and he needs to be right, so I let him be. Jesus was right 100%, but he let himself be wronged, a lot. We are human, and sometimes it is hard, like with me and that older man. Paul had it hard too. He asked Jesus to take away the thorn in his flesh three times, but Jesus said that his grace was sufficient for him and that through Paul's weakness, Jesus could make him strong. He accepted it; not only, he welcomed it. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

One thing I have learned in life is this:  If you have no expectations, you have no disappointments.  The only expectation we should ever have is in regards to our salvation and who Jesus Christ is in our lives and what God has promised to us as believers.  When it comes to other people, we cannot expect them to see and believe as we do, but we can have discussions about our beliefs and ideas and suggestions.  In the end, everyone has a right to his or her own opinion and thoughts on any subject.  We do not have to always agree, we can disagree but still remain in peace with each other. 

Sometimes what we think as fact, others don't see as fact.  And that is ok because it also goes the other way that sometimes what others see as fact, we don't see as fact.   It's the wonderful uniqueness God gave each of us.

However, if someone is wrong about something that you have proof in the Bible alone they are wrong, then we are to correct them.  But if they don't receive the correction even when proven in God's word, sometimes we have to just walk away, let it go, and pray for the person to find God's truth.

But to fold up our bags and run off just because we cannnot reach one person might mean an opportunity missed to reaching another.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

I love it when people agree with me because that means more people are correct. 

:101:

I think NASA also agree with that.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

18 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It is pointless if your goal is to convert others to your way of thinking. In this forum we are Christians but within the fundamental belief in our Savior there are many varying viewpoints both to scripture, in how we are to worship or obey the Lord, as well as to the world around us. We will differ in opinions in politics, world events, etc.... Facts can be used for both sides of an debate. So instead of attempting to change others to your viewpoint, use the forum to state your viewpoint in the hopes some will agree and then perhaps reach an understanding of where others are coming from even if you don't agree with them. And as stated I believe my Sower, hope some seeds are planted. But remember, all think they are right including yourself and learn to work within that understanding.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

It is pointless if your goal is to convert others to your way of thinking.

My goal is to inform people when they are mistaken about a bit of information.  Be this a Biblical matter or a worldly matter.  An example being someone makes a post saying "God dose not allow dancing". Then I can point to scripture showing that God dose allow dancing. Yet even with the scripture being pointed out to them and explain. They still go on saying "God dose not allow dancing.".  The never really wanted to be shown they were wrong. Or wanted to learn anything.  All they really wanted was to tell others what to do and to believe as they do. A worldly example of this is someone making a post saying "Covid 19 is not real" Then I go and find data and facts and show them that it is very much real and here is all the data to show that. But they just continue on their false claim no matter how many facts are shown to them. They never wanted to learn anything. They just wanted to tell the rest of us what to think. 

all think they are right including yoursel

I have always been someone willing to change my mind if given the right information. I have at times thought one thing about something. Then someone shows me that I am mistaken in my thinking and I have changed my way of thinking.  

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

I agree that it can become wearisome. If I actually DO say anything it is generally said once and then I leave it. Maybe some think that means I acquiesce to their ideas by not constantly harping on it. I do not agree by my silence. I just leave it alone.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1