IGNORED

Attending Church again?

Are you yet? I really do not know what to do. 

Our small church has re-opened but oh the rules - all necessary i know. Masks, spaced well apart, no contact speaking with anyone, no hymn books, no singing, no communion, no refreshments. In and out in order, following arrows. No using the toilet. Numbers strictly limited. 

It has been 6 months. My heart and soul cry out for Christian company. But i cannot face church like that. Our vicar does videos of services and prayers, i watch alone at home on my phone. 

Have you attended your church yet? I feel there is still risk and going is just not worth it. Yet i wonder if i should take that first tentative step back to the life that is now only a memory and start bringing it back. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I have been going for the a last few weeks now.  Everyone is told to wear a mask as it is the order in my state now. With the exception if you are under 10 years old or have a medical issue.  Chairs  are spaced out with family members sitting together.  Offering is not passed but place by the door. No papers being passed. I bring my own Bible. I sit away from everyone and if I want to say "hello" I wave and "hello" from across the room.  Our church still has the live stream going for anyone who can not attend.  I can not tell anyone what they should do.  But this is how it has been for me.  I hope it is safe. But then I can not say it is 100% safe. We have not been over crowed and most people are still watching the live stream from home. Many of the elderly are doing this.  

Edited by LadyKay
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I have not been back since the virus. My church has a lot of old folks and I feel as though I could put them at risk. Also with the amount of rules I may as well stay home. Church is for fellowship.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

40 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Are you yet? I really do not know what to do. 

Our small church has re-opened but oh the rules - all necessary i know. Masks, spaced well apart, no contact speaking with anyone, no hymn books, no singing, no communion, no refreshments. In and out in order, following arrows. No using the toilet. Numbers strictly limited. 

It has been 6 months. My heart and soul cry out for Christian company. But i cannot face church like that. Our vicar does videos of services and prayers, i watch alone at home on my phone. 

Have you attended your church yet? I feel there is still risk and going is just not worth it. Yet i wonder if i should take that first tentative step back to the life that is now only a memory and start bringing it back. 

Seems a bit overboard for a small church.  We have been meeting since the middle of May.  We do space ourselves every other row.  Most people wear masks when not sitting down in their pew.  We still take communion, though it has been modified a bit.  They put the wine and grape juice in small cups with lids on them and put a small wafer on top that we go get from the table up front and carry it back to our seats before partaking together.

Not singing seems ridiculous to me, though I know the governor of California banned it for churches in that state.  Honestly, as long as you are standing a good distance from another person you should be able to talk, sing, whatever without a problem.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Seems a bit overboard for a small church.  We have been meeting since the middle of May.  We do space ourselves every other row.  Most people wear masks when not sitting down in their pew.  We still take communion, though it has been modified a bit.  They put the wine and grape juice in small cups with lids on them and put a small wafer on top that we go get from the table up front and carry it back to our seats before partaking together.

Not singing seems ridiculous to me, though I know the governor of California banned it for churches in that state.  Honestly, as long as you are standing a good distance from another person you should be able to talk, sing, whatever without a problem.

Melinda is in the UK. There are laws about church behaviour. Many churches in UK are physically very small.

Singing propels any virus in a person further, faster, past 2m. That is why no singing is the rule. To protest others.

I will not gather until my long tail covid-19 is past.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Our church started an outdoor service. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I have not been back since the virus. My church has a lot of old folks and I feel as though I could put them at risk. Also with the amount of rules I may as well stay home. Church is for fellowship.

Exactly how i feel. Lot of elderly there and i just cannot risk their lives for really so little left of the worship. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

When this thing is over (if ever) I think the only churches lest will be Joel Osteen-type mega-circuses and home fellowships. Everything else will be forced out of existence.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Have to make a choice.. obey man or God. The song playing now Strong then the weight "I'm gonna trust in Him".  Its strange all the places that are open vs the Church.  And fact no state has the right to open this or that and then not the Church :)

We have to make a choice. Follow Christ or man. I do sing I do praise Him.. will meet. This is not the first time I/we had to walk by faith.. not the first time had to Choose GOD over man. Man says don't sing.. its the law.. I am not of this world..its not my home. I do not obey man I obey my Father in Heaven. If you the Church KNEW what IS in you and what can NEVER touch you.

Stores here are open.. can go out and have dinner with more people around us then in Church. HOLY IS OUR GOD! haha just another song playing I LOVE OUR FATHER who GETS ALL THE GLORY AND PRAISE!

So.. toss out all the negative and just praise Him! And don't stop! HOLY HOLY HOLY IS OUR GOD! Holy holy holy is our GOD!

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

We live in Wales. Our church is re-opening for the first time this Sunday. We don't have to wear masks, but otherwise it will be pretty much as Melinda has described. So I don't know how much like church it will feel, but we have to start somewhere.

The local rate of Covid-19 cases is very low, so I have no personal fears about going.