• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This isn't a slam on this site, nor on (most) of the people who post here, but I think my time here on Worthy is drawing to a close.

Don't ask me why, but the closer we get to this election, the more my spirit is getting disquieted. It's almost like I can feel the war going on the heavens, not just over America, but the entire world.

And at a time like this, when Christians should be pulling together, there are people here who are openly cheering political candidates that champion every dark practice the Bible condemns.

Am I oversensitive to this? Maybe. Probably. But as I approach my seventh decade, the idea of my having to pick up my gun and fight for this nation once more holds no appeal. But as I said, I've done it before, and if required, I'll do it again.

In the meantime, I'm weaning myself from most social media for the foreseeable future.

Peace

Edited by John Robinson
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

30 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

This isn't a slam on this site, nor (most) of the people who post here, but I think my time here on Worthy is drawing to a close.

Don't ask me why, but the closer we get to this election, the more my spirit is getting disquieted. It's almost like I can feel the war going on the heavens, not just over America, but the entire world.

And at a time like this, when Christians should be pulling together, there are people here who are openly cheering political candidates that champion every dark practice the Bible condemns.

Am I oversensitive to this? Maybe. Probably. But as I approach my seventh decade, the idea of my having to pick up my gun and fight for this nation once more holds no appeal. 

But I've done it before. If required, I'll do it again.

In the meantime, I'm weaning myself from most social media for the foreseeable future.

Peace

John,

Unfortunate that things are getting so divisive here in this country. It really comes down to many people, including many Christians, believe that the government is in control and that their security health and welfare will be provided by the government. As Christians, grace and blessings come from God Almighty. And that is a lot easier said than lived out. I personally struggled with this but the longer I live the more more I realize regardless of who gets elected my blessings come from God, and his grace will continue to shine down.
Of course, decisions by the government will affect our day-to-day lives. I live in Illinois and for 40 years spending has been out of control and have one of the highest tax burdens in the USA. In spite of that, God’s blessings just continue to rain down on me.

I actually worry more for my adult children and my grandkids. Not all are fully committed Christians. And in that case, of course, it is the government that they rely on for their well-being.

I love Psalm 25. Talks about those who love the Lord, those who are liars and deceivers, and blessings for those who trust in the Lord.I truly believe this.

Good luck, I hope you find peace  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

This isn't a slam on this site, nor (most) of the people who post here, but I think my time here on Worthy is drawing to a close.

Am I oversensitive to this? Maybe. Probably. But as I approach my seventh decade, the idea of my having to pick up my gun and fight for this nation once more holds no appeal. 

But I've done it before. If required, I'll do it again.

Peace

Well remember, that many Christians..... aren't.    They are not Christians.

So when you say, you see Christians cheering every dark practice the Bible condemns, remember that not all are Christians.

Matthew 7:22 Says that on that day of judgement, many will come to Jesus saying "Lord lord! Did we not....." and Jesus will response "Depart from me. I never knew you".

So not all the people saying crazy stuff, are all Christians.

Additionally, some people are new to the faith.   Not all Christians are at the same spot, on the Christian path.

And that's hard for some of us who have been Christians our entire lives.  Because we look at insane logic, and think "how can you think that?".   But that's because we've walked this path for decades, and they became a Christian last week, and we expect them to know the Christian perspective, like they have read through the Bible every year, for the past 6 years, like I have.

Well they haven't.   They don't know what the Bible says yet. 

Most importantly, if you need to stay of social media do so.  Not every person has a thick skin, and can handle the flames you find burning on social media 24/7.

But understand, this is part of being in the world, but not of the world.  It's simply the cross we must carry until Jesus returns and fixes this place to how it was supposed to be.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

I totally hear u. I never engage in politics on Christian forums i honestly dont know why a political section would exist on a christian forum. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,947
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, John Robinson said:

This isn't a slam on this site, nor on (most) of the people who post here, but I think my time here on Worthy is drawing to a close.

Am I oversensitive to this? Maybe. Probably. But as I approach my seventh decade, the idea of my having to pick up my gun and fight for this nation once more holds no appeal. But as I said, I've done it before, and if required, I'll do it again.

Peace

Hi @John Robinson You have done well to reach your Seventh Decade. I am in my Sixth. I have a second cousin once removed, who was born in Australia but lives in New York. Her Facebook posts regarding the increasing unrest in the USA are quite disturbing. A few years ago when addressing a New Zealand congregation that had a family from Alabama in it, I changed the letters USA to mean Under Satanic Attack, and this is proving correct.

What is also correct is that VIP Christians are Victorious In Prayer. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

5 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Peace

As Jesus taught us, Satan rules the world. If he can lure bishops and politicians into doing his will, the better for him. However, there are some who refuse to follow him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Running away and hide ourselves from the world doesnt make it a better place either.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, John Robinson said:

I don't think you need to leave, just avoid political subjects....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

23 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Peace

There are many kinds of people on Worthy. There are many topics I choose to ignore. I have left Worthy a couple of times but I have always come back. It is your choice to wean yourself off of social media. Goodbye John :th_wave:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I think the body needs all its parts.

If a limb has been sat on too long it can go limp, be cut, and bleed out, without the eyes to see it and hands to bandage it.

Edited by Uri