IGNORED

If God doesnt communicate with you much does that mean you're not important to him?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

By that I dont mean God not loving you. He loves everyone-- Im saying if he doesn't communicate with you as much as he does someone else, giving them dreams ot speaking to them and what not does it just mean you wont be used for a big purpose like the other person? 

I feel Im im an ok position. Im not engaging in sin or anything -- I just wonder why no matter how much I pray or fast I dont hear much from God.  

It makes me feel like God is keeping me at arm's length and there's no use in me trying bc he already has his favorites.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

By that I dont mean God not loving you. He loves everyone-- Im saying if he doesn't communicate with you as much as he does someone else, giving them dreams ot speaking to them and what not does it just mean you wont be used for a big purpose like the other person? 

I feel Im im an ok position. Im not engaging in sin or anything -- I just wonder why no matter how much I pray or fast I dont hear much from God.  

It makes me feel like God is keeping me at arm's length and there's no use in me trying bc he already has his favorites.

Maybe he just doesn't think you need to hear from him often..    We are supposed to enjoy this life in my opinion and if his protection is good for you and you don't need correction, maybe not hearing from him a lot is a good thing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

PTL Figure of eighty...

The bottom line is that the Lord loves each of us as he does Jesus, Jn 17.  And he isn't a respecter of persons.  Its our faith that makes us pleasing unto the Lord and the less he has to move to produce or increase our faith, the more pleasing we are to him.  Some of us need that move of the Spirit in order to believe God's word fully, much as Thomas to whom Jesus said, put your finger in my hand and believe; but to believe without that needed proof is better!  The Lord knows our hearts way better than we do.

The Lord takes our time in the scripture and by the ministry of the Holy Spirit fulfills the promise of the new covenant by writing his commandments upon our hearts and minds, by which we are being transformed us into Jesus' image.  This is a miracle available every day to the faithful, here a little, and there a little (Is 25:9,10) with enough time in the word.  For those who are no longer babes, then the Holy Spirit will feed them strong meat of understanding as he chooses, but it'll be in-part and as seen through a glass darkly.

Our prayer and fasting not only get us closer to the Lord, it is how the Lord moves in the world today by moving with the church to reach the world for Jesus and in these lest days to keep as many as we can from departing from the faith.  The prayer of faith on behalf of one who is in need and whom the Lord our God and Savior loves so so much can bring them life when we ask after seeing their sin, (1 Jn 5).  what am amazing ministry is available to each one of us.  The more fervent our prayers to more effectual they'll be with the Lord; who inhabits obedient ministers of the gospel with an outward anointing of his presence; which is something worth working for as able ministers of the gospel, with both the word and the ministry of reconciliation through Jesus Christ our Lord.

glf

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

One day a pharisee prayed to God "Lord, im not like any other wicked man, i fast n pray........".

Those who raise themselves will be put low.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

8 hours ago, Drafido said:

This is a very familiar situation to me, as I have gone through the same thing for many years.  Some call it "the dark night of the soul" where God is absent for prolonged periods of time, or at least, it seems so.

If you are behaving yourself and you are praying regularly, there doesn't seem to be any reason why God would hide from you.  But I believe God shows up in our lives with his own perfect timing.  His ways are often unexpected.  That's why having expectations for Him to appear in some way is not a good idea.  If you go into prayer expecting Him to show up, it is almost like a form of doubt that He will.  God will not entertain that mind set much.  He requires faith.  

Another question for you might be, have you experienced God at all in your life already?  I don't mean coincidences.  Coincidences happen to everybody every day.  I mean some tangible, hyper real experience that you cannot deny is God.  If you haven't yet been born again or experienced God in any kind of tangible way, don't fret about it too much.  So long as you are seeking him with your whole mind and heart, He is bound to show up eventually in some way.  Your job is to seek Him.  That is it.  

Another thing is, what is your general state of mind like?  Do you have negative thought patterns often?  Negativity drives God away.

What are examples of coindmcedences and examples if God undeniably showing up in your life?

8 hours ago, Drafido said:

Don't compare yourself to others' where it comes to experiencing God.  That way is the way of depression.

very true i feel bad when i dont hear him bc others hear God every other day. It makes me sad like something is wrong with me.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

God gives each of us an important role to play. He speaks to us when he has something to say

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,318
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

9 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

You are the work of His hand, @Figure of eighty. You are no less important to our Father in heaven than Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Why? Because the Son of God chose you before you were formed in the womb; no one may come to the Son unless the Father draws them to Him. @johnthebaptist has shared a wise saying and I bear witness to this, that the Spirit of the Lord speaks as it pleases Him but there is something you may not realize. 

The Lord speaks to us in many ways: through the scriptures... in a still, small voice... with a voice like the thunder of lightning... and through the hearts of His saints, to name of some of those ways He chooses to speak to us. For close to 30 years the Lord chose to speak to me through my brothers and sisters... I have wandered through many dry and desolate places in my time, dear sister. 

I understand this may be a hard thing but I continue to be greatly encouraged for your sake. If you had an inkling of the reward which awaits you when the day comes, you would shout for joy from the rooftops! Remember, faith is evidence of things unseen. :)      

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The more you talk to God, the more he will talk to you.  That's what communication is.  It takes two.  I suggest that you initiate more to receive more.  Also God doesn't always respond the way you think he will.  Instead of sudden words, thoughts, or convictions, He may suddenly put someone in your life who needs help.  Or he may have someone enter your life who provides help.  God seeks to help everyone, giver and receiver.  So that both are grateful to him.

Trustis a big part of faith.  Trust him.  I don't measure myself against others.  I don't rely on my own judgement in that regard or any other.  Outward appearances don't always align with the inner man.  Only God knows the hearts of men.  I just do what I can.

But continuous communication with God is vital.  I don't wait for God to initiate it.  I'll talk to him all the time.  I Know he hears me.  I know he chooses how and when to answer.  God is offended by hard heartedness.  He is never offended by a heart for him.  And he always has time.

1 Ths 5:17

Pray without ceasing.  In everything give thanks.  For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I've been a Christian for over 40 years, but I can count the number of times that God has spoken to me "directly" on my fingers.

Most of His communication with us is through the Bible. You could think of the information there as our "standing orders". That's why it's so important to keep reading it.

He also speaks to us through sermons, and through other Christians. This is why He puts us in fellowships/churches - He wants us to realise that we need each other. And through situations and opportunities. Not all of His communication is verbal.

There are of course occasions when we hear Him speaking directly to us, or when we have visions and dreams. I've had just one vision in 40+ years! 

But you can't - you mustn't - use these experiences as a measure of your spirituality, your value or your usefulness to God. If anything, I think it's related more to your personality and your individuality. One problem for people who get lots of these experiences is that it tends to make them proud - that's probably why God rations them.

• Thumbs Up 1