IGNORED

If God doesnt communicate with you much does that mean you're not important to him?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/23/2020 at 3:36 PM, NotAllThere said:

The difference is that the store manager isn't our beloved Father whom we address as "Abba!".  We are sons, not servants. 

And God's responce to us is God's, we do not dictate the how or when he responded to us.

Our job is to carry on following the instructions we have.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

23 hours ago, Drafido said:

Are you a Calvinist, Baptist, or any kind of theological denomination?  I'm only asking because it is difficult for me to understand what "100%" means in light of the fact that all human beings are sinners until the day they die.  I don't know of anybody that can make every single thought they think about God only 100% of the time without failure.  And if that isn't what you meant, I apologise.  But sinless perfectionism is not in the Bible anywhere.  There are two passages that come to my mind about this:-

"Be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect"

and

"I am the chief of sinners"

So, how does a person derive sinless perfectionism from the statement of Paul there?  And what about 1 John where he says, I paraphrase, "If you say you are without sin you are a liar,"?  

Notice that Jesus also said, "Don't call me good.  There is only one that is good, and that is God"

and "I am going to your God and to my God"

and Jesus prayed to God.

So either we have a dichotomy here or there is some way of reconciling these obviously at odds passages of scripture.  Could it be that Christ was sinless but not good or perfect?  After all, he was tempted but he never sinned.  To be tempted means to entertain an idea in the mind that would be sinful when acted upon but otherwise not.  Yet, if you look at a woman to lust after her you commit a crime against God.  So if Jesus was without any sexual consciousness at all, only then could he make the statement that to see somebody and be turned on is a crime and sin against God.  So obviously Jesus himself had to be subject to the rule about adultery that he taught everybody else.  

Sorry for the long wall of text.  I had to get it off my chext.  Chest.  Oh never mind.  Joke failed.

I am a nondemoninational fundamental born again Christian. A person needs to give their life to God and let God have control of their life. They also need to be obedient to God. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

4 hours ago, Who me said:

And God's responce to us is God's, we do not dictate the how or when he responded to us.

Our job is to carry on following the instructions we have.

Never implied we do dictate to Him. Nonetheless, we are co-heirs with Christ. But if you see yourself as a hired hand... :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

3 hours ago, Drafido said:

Come on man.  You can do better than that.

Yes. Second attempt.
God's voice sounds exactly the way He wishes it to at the time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Many of our brothers and sisters do not believe our Lord speaks to us but by the written word and that only by and through our brain's ability to understand what we read.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 minutes ago, Alive said:

Many of our brothers and sisters do not believe our Lord speaks to us but by the written word and that only by and through our brain's ability to understand what we read.

This is not fully accurate as to myself... I do rely s/Spiritually upon The Holy Spirit to reveal through the objective aspect of His Word... there is nothing that comes to me through my intuition that I do not put into check unto The Scriptures to reveal it to be of God of not... My total of being is reliant upon His Written Word to evaluate s/Spiritual realities....

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, FrankIeCip said:

7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Which verse is this ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

When I met Jesus I wasn’t even a Christian. Later in my Christian life I read John 10:27 and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Everything lined up with scripture. He called my name, I realized it was Christ. I knew him and he knew me. He pulled me from darkness and began my Christian life. It is like divine telepathy I suppose. I wish I could experience it again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 11/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I feel Im im an ok position. Im not engaging in sin or anything -- I just wonder why no matter how much I pray or fast I dont hear much from God.  

It makes me feel like God is keeping me at arm's length and there's no use in me trying bc he already has his favorites.

Aw you are so blessed. We say "bless you" but when a GOD and now not just a God but our friend our brother our savior out GOD says how blessed YOU are because you believe in Him and never seen Him.

I can only shear what I know. Our Father GOD and Christ, sweet holy Spirit is not some light switch we turn off and on. He is always on. Now based on just what you posted I see "feel" twice. We walk by faith. Feelings are up and down all over the place. Christ said my sheep know my voice and thats not guessing or wondering but know His voice.

So  know He is for you not against you. Know He always hears you. That right there.. if we know He hears us we know we have the petitions/prayers we asked for. But if we doubt were like a ship tossed back and forth and we will not receive anything from Him. See its not what I say or anyone else. That word (BIBLE) He will keep EVERYTHING He said for He can not lie.

Faith know He hears you.. think about that.. your Father GOD ALWAYS hears you. And Hes not BILLIONS of miles away. Hes with you.. in you. What you said? Flip it because that is not God talking to you. Those thoughts are not from Him. And Satan can only lie. For me.. I take time no matter how I feel.. to worship Him.. and keep doing it.. I have some music that praises and gives Him glory. Then watch what happens :)  His JOY comes.. greater and greater. Take time to wait on Him. Its not easy for me to get the world out of my head.

You find something pops in your head.. that you were not thinking about. See He will ALWAYS use peace joy.. always uplifting and always gives glory to Him. KNOW not guess not wonder.. but KNOW He ALWAYS loves to talk to you. He wants to hear about EVERYTHING you like dislike.. talk to Him... and KNOW He will talk back. Wait on the lord..this is written :) You read that word and you KNOW that He will always keep His word.. not because I said so.. or any other man.. but HE SAID SO! 

So toss out that doubt.. HAHA praise GOD GLORY TO JESUS! WHERE do you think all this is coming from? Its not YOU that longs to talk to Him.. its HIM longing wanting to talk to you.. so toss out doubt.. He always backs up what He says by His word.. for me. I will pray for you.. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

15 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Which verse is this ?

Isaiah 54