Unit 11

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

This is just a thought that's been pestering my mind since the election, as well as that whole riot debacle last week. 

Biden has been saying we need to "reunite," but it looks to me like we were only ever "divided" because of the media's unbelievable hate campaign against President Trump. Stoking hate, inciting hate, blasting hate even worse than when Bush II was president. Trump pummeled them back, of course, which made things even worse and finally hit critical mass with the DC riots.

Anyway, the thought is: Biden and the media are going to preach to us that no, America is not great. We're a disgrace. And shame on us for letting a president get into office who actually said out loud that we were great. We should be ashamed, wring our hands, blubber apologies to the rest of the world because we Americans are so bad. We're bad because, well, we're Americans. Will Biden put us back into that Iran deal? I'm imagining him handing them even more cash (and probably raising our taxes to do it), giving them his blessing even while they chant, rage, shout "Death to America!" Hate is a laudable virtue if it's AGAINST AMERICA. 

I'm imagining this is what the TV news and politicians will try to instill into us to "de-Trump" the country. In terms like the Council of Trent, something like "If anyone in any way connects the idea of greatness with America, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA."

Just a thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I feel like a lot of your post is venting of frustration and fears, but the opinions aren't really backed by real world evidence. When did Biden say America is not great/we're a disgrace? He and other politicians have said certain policies or actions our country has taken have been embarrassing, but that's not unique to Biden or frankly the left - you can find plenty of examples of people on Worthyboards who feel our country has problems. 

I also find it ironic you say Trump said out loud we were great.. his slogan is "make America great again".. which implies it is not great (but could be again with his help!). :laugh: The thing you're mad at Biden about is something Trump had printed on his hats and merchandise for years! Why would we need Trump's help to be "great again" if we were already great before he got here? ;)

What I'd suggest is to take a deep breath, and try not to let your imagination run too wild about doomsday scenarios for a Biden-led USA. People had the same panic and fear when Obama was president the first time, and they had another surge of panic and fear when Obama was elected a second time. I'm sure since we've held elections about half of the country has been concerned when the candidate they liked most lost. I'm guilty of it too, I was very sad Trump won in 2016 because I felt that he was the wrong choice for America. 

Life goes on! 

• Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,133
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

@Oh Hamburgers! makes an excellent point. If America is great why would there be a need to make it great again? The irony is striking. 

I'm not a supporter of this politician or that politician. I steer clear of that nonsense because having been an outsider for most my time in this world I recognize politics as the snare of the fowler. It's one thing to vote your conscience but another to embrace worldly causes; we see what this does to divide brother from brother and pit one neighbor against the other. There are some who politicize everything and are beside themselves with worry because their "side" didn't win. 

Are you called by the Son of God? Why the worry and fear when there is nothing to fear in Jesus Christ? So this world is corrupt and none are good... are things not proceeding according to the will of God? The words of the holy one to Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, a timely reminder for us all:

"This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers,
And the decision is a command of the holy ones,
In order that the living may know
That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind,
And He grants it to whomever He wishes
And sets over it the lowliest of people.” 

(Daniel 4:17 NASB)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Marathoner said:

@Oh Hamburgers! makes an excellent point. If America is great why would there be a need to make it great again? The irony is striking. 

Oh Hamburgers says things so well. I do not feel like I have to say anything. :)

• Haha 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

I feel like a lot of your post is venting of frustration and fears, but the opinions aren't really backed by real world evidence. When did Biden say America is not great/we're a disgrace? He and other politicians have said certain policies or actions our country has taken have been embarrassing, but that's not unique to Biden or frankly the left - you can find plenty of examples of people on Worthyboards who feel our country has problems. 

Thanks. That's the kind of reply I was hoping to get, actually. 

It's been pointed out that in our country--where I count myself incredibly fortunate to have been born, and exceedingly proud to have served in its Navy--your benefits never change regardless of who's in office; you have all the rights and civil liberties in our constitution, the prosperity, and freedoms. That never changes. And if your people are in office too, that's icing on the cake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Unit 11 said:

This is just a thought that's been pestering my mind since the election, as well as that whole riot debacle last week. 

Biden has been saying we need to "reunite," but it looks to me like we were only ever "divided" because of the media's unbelievable hate campaign against President Trump. Stoking hate, inciting hate, blasting hate even worse than when Bush II was president. Trump pummeled them back, of course, which made things even worse and finally hit critical mass with the DC riots.

Anyway, the thought is: Biden and the media are going to preach to us that no, America is not great. We're a disgrace. And shame on us for letting a president get into office who actually said out loud that we were great. We should be ashamed, wring our hands, blubber apologies to the rest of the world because we Americans are so bad. We're bad because, well, we're Americans. Will Biden put us back into that Iran deal? I'm imagining him handing them even more cash (and probably raising our taxes to do it), giving them his blessing even while they chant, rage, shout "Death to America!" Hate is a laudable virtue if it's AGAINST AMERICA. 

I'm imagining this is what the TV news and politicians will try to instill into us to "de-Trump" the country. In terms like the Council of Trent, something like "If anyone in any way connects the idea of greatness with America, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA."

Just a thought.

I don't know what Biden will do for us. Time will tell. I don't think things will be getting a lot better until Jesus comes back. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Oh Hamburgers says things so well. I do not feel like I have to say anything. :)

And yet....you did

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

3 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

And yet....you did

You did too! We're all chatting on site focused around people chatting :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

I also find it ironic you say Trump said out loud we were great.. his slogan is "make America great again".. which implies it is not great (but could be again with his help!). :laugh: The thing you're mad at Biden about is something Trump had printed on his hats and merchandise for years! Why would we need Trump's help to be "great again" if we were already great before he got here? ;)

What I'd suggest is to take a deep breath, and try not to let your imagination run too wild about doomsday scenarios for a Biden-led USA. People had the same panic and fear when Obama was president the first time, and they had another surge of panic and fear when Obama was elected a second time. I'm sure since we've held elections about half of the country has been concerned when the candidate they liked most lost. I'm guilty of it too, I was very sad Trump won in 2016 because I felt that he was the wrong choice for America. 

Life goes on! 

Can you really look t America and say we are all just peached and cream?  Are you unaware of the millions of abortions, of Thousands of children being kidnapped for sex slavery,  Oh the massive growth of abuse and molestation among children and women.....and a government that does nothing about it but serve political expediency?  What happened to the outcry of systemic racism that ruled our airways last year? Not really sure anything got changed there.  No Sir, America is not now Great, but it could be. Trumped changed many things, and tried to change many more but the political elite on both sides would not let Him move forward because this rogue was making them look bad

Edited by Riverwalker

3 minutes ago, Oh Hamburgers! said:

You did too! We're all chatting on site focused around people chatting :D 

Yes I did, but I didn't preamble my statement by saying I didn't need to say anything ;)