• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1976

What do y'all think is our generation's "Tower of Babel"?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Our tower of Babel is probably related to AI. We're building quite sophisticated learning computers. At some point we're going to create something we can't understand and the results might be disastrous.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Our tower of Babel is probably related to AI. We're building quite sophisticated learning computers. At some point we're going to create something we can't understand and the results might be disastrous.

Until the invention of robotics, nanotechnology, GPS, drones, smart this and that, sophisticated computers, high resolutions, facial recognition, 5G; and in particular 'artificial intelligence', I never paid much attention to the following verse. Pertaining to the "image of the Beast."

Revelation 13:14 (KJV) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Apparently, the False Prophet will direct a high tech company to manufacture this image of the Beast. I don't know how else to interpret this scripture?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Matthew Umbarger said:

Well, I'm not aware of any in your face ziggurats in America, but I have suspicions on the following: The Washington Phallus and its measurements; the Capitol Building w/ dome and what its historical symbolism is; Washington D.C. Capitol street layout; the pyrimid and all seeing eye on the dollar bill. With an un-honorable mention to the Georgia Guide Stones. 

Second thought: The professional sports stadium...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Matthew Umbarger said:

At the tower of Babel, that generation was in rebellion against God.  They were building a tower for the purpose of reaching into a demonic realm-a tower whose top is in the heavens (the heavenly realm where Satan and all his fallen angels are)

At the end of the age. Light will become brighter and dark will become darker and these two will be in collusion with one another. Satan will be cast out of his place in the heavenly realm and many will be having encounters and worshipping demons like they did at the tower of babel

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The tower of Babel was a place where the people building it were trying to reach into the dimension of God.

The only place that I am aware of that is actively doing the same kind of thing would be CERN.

To save me a whole lot of time typing, I'll let Tom Horn explain why I think it is so.    https://www.skywatchtv.com/2020/10/18/cern-we-are-confident-of-making-contact-with-a-parallel-universe-this-week-out-of-this-door-might-come-something/

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/04/1976

5 hours ago, other one said:

The tower of Babel was a place where the people building it were trying to reach into the dimension of God.

The only place that I am aware of that is actively doing the same kind of thing would be CERN.

To save me a whole lot of time typing, I'll let Tom Horn explain why I think it is so.    https://www.skywatchtv.com/2020/10/18/cern-we-are-confident-of-making-contact-with-a-parallel-universe-this-week-out-of-this-door-might-come-something/

Thanks for chiming in, other one. 

Personally, I cannot agree with this, for one simple reason: angelic beings do not have material bodies that require physical portals for their movement.

St. Thomas Aquinas explains, beginning with what it means for an angel to be in a place:

It is befitting an angel to be in a place; yet an angel and a body are said to be in a place in quite a different sense. A body is said to be in a place in such a way that it is applied to such place according to the contact of dimensive quantity; but there is no such quantity in the angels, for theirs is a virtual one. Consequently an angel is said to be in a corporeal place by application of the angelic power in any manner whatever to any place.
Summa Theologiae, Prima Pars, Q. 52, 1

The consequences of this for angelic movement should be readily apparent, but let us hear what Aquinas has to say, anyhow:

An angel can successively quit the divisible place in which he was before, and so his movement will be continuous. And he can all at once quit the whole place, and in the same instant apply himself to the whole of another place, and thus his movement will not be continuous.
Summa Theologiae, Prima Pars, Q. 53, 1

In the next article, Thomas explicitly states that angels do not have to move through “mid-space” because they do not have bodies.

The actual passing from one extreme to the other, without going through the mid-space, is quite in keeping with an angel’s nature; but not with that of a body, because a body is measured by and contained under a place; hence it is bound to follow the laws of place in its movement. But an angel’s substance is not subject to place as contained thereby, but is above it as containing it: hence it is under his control to apply himself to a place just as he wills, either through or without the intervening place.
Summa Theologiae, Prima Pars, Q. 53, 2

So, a portal would be irrelevant for demons.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

Good Holy Ones and those that fell can basically do as the Gen 6 account tells us. Read Psalm 82 where the Lord High God tells them they will die like men. See the 'men' that visited Abram and ate with him. Then they went and rescued Lot and family. They can be immaterial or corporeal depending on what is required. The apostle says for us to be sure to be kind to strangers since many have entertained 'angelos' unawares. Beware of Augustinian theology that seeks to rob scripture of the supernatural.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Why do any of you think there is another Tower of Babel. It is a historical building that existed then and doesn't any longer.

This is nothing but speculation and imagination on something that doesn't exist and then imprinting that onto things happening in todays world.

What does scripture say about a Tower of Babel in 2021? I don't see it anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1