• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

God has very broad shoulders to cry on.  He sent Jesus to us who said:

Luk 4:18  "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,  Luk 4:19  to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Willa said:

God has very broad shoulders to cry on.  He sent Jesus to us who said:

Luk 4:18  "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,  Luk 4:19  to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Amen, thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 2/25/2021 at 12:19 PM, Emy said:

We both have these hard and painful moments in our lives. Is it okay to ask God why?, when you are totally overwhelmed with pain and you feel like nothing makes sense in your life.

It's okay. Jesus Himself did it on the cross, asking why God had forsaken Him. Slightly related, in Gethsemane He asked for a way out if possible, but added to it that He would ultimately surrender to God's will regardless. It's a good example to follow when we're going through tough circumstances and difficult decisions.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

It's okay. Jesus Himself did it on the cross, asking why God had forsaken Him. Slightly related, in Gethsemane He asked for a way out if possible, but added to it that He would ultimately surrender to God's will regardless. It's a good example to follow when we're going through tough circumstances and difficult decisions.

Amen, thank you for reminding me about this.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,660
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 2/25/2021 at 12:19 PM, Emy said:

We both have these hard and painful moments in our lives. Is it okay to ask God why?, when you are totally overwhelmed with pain and you feel like nothing makes sense in your life.

Certainly.  God can and does answer. But remember He is under no obligation to answer to us. 

I would invite you to share these occasions / events with others for fellowship and especially in the

prayer request section.

It may not be God's intent to allow you to suffer so you can fellowship with others, but he has graciously

provided others to intercede for you and yours in prayer... or to comfort you with fellowship or even assistance

or may even open doors of opportunity for you (friendship, or for you to help / pray for others who are going

through what you've experienced etc.).

Remember above all else that God loves you.

Suffering in this life is sadly part of what it means to be in this life... which doesn't make it any easier

or comforting at all I know... I've been to the "Why Lord?" prayer altar myself many times (but not as many as

others or for as severely as others). ← who I pray for.

The old adage is, seek out others who art worse off than thee and thou wilt less oft cry "why me?" 

I intend this in no smug fashion. No pain or discomfort or suffering or disaster is mediocre in the least

when it is your own or that of beloved ones. I feel sorrow for whatever besets you. And I am praying for you.

Edited by JohnD
  • Praise God! 1

On 3/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, JohnD said:

Certainly.  God can and does answer. But remember He is under no obligation to answer to us. 

I would invite you to share these occasions / events with others for fellowship and especially in the

prayer request section.

It may not be God's intent to allow you to suffer so you can fellowship with others, but he has graciously

provided others to intercede for you and yours in prayer... or to comfort you with fellowship or even assistance

or may even open doors of opportunity for you (friendship, or for you to help / pray for others who are going

through what you've experienced etc.).

Remember above all else that God loves you.

Suffering in this life is sadly part of what it means to be in this life... which doesn't make it any easier

or comforting at all I know... I've been to the "Why Lord?" prayer altar myself many times (but not as many as

others or for as severely as others). ← who I pray for.

The old adage is, seek out others who art worse off than thee and thou wilt less oft cry "why me?" 

I intend this in no smug fashion. No pain or discomfort or suffering or disaster is mediocre in the least

when it is your own or that of beloved ones. I feel sorrow for whatever besets you. And I am praying for you.

Amen and thank you

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

On 2/26/2021 at 6:09 AM, Whyme said:

Look at my user name. The clay has no right to question the Potter, but I need to know if I'm so horrible, utterly wretched. I never got an answer but I feel God's love. His grace sustains me. Amen.

Yeshua was surprised. He had spent thousands of years telling His people what He was like and ajouring them to trust Him. Then up pops a centurion that told Him 'just say the word and she will be healed' and sure enough, He marvelled at the guy's faith. The gentile's daughter was healed of course. You were made in the image of God, therefore you have every right to talk to Him. I see that He wants us to talk to Him and not just treat Him like a slot machine. He is a PERSON. He recognises that we are like Him and are His handiwork. He expects us to reason with Him.

• Thumbs Up 1