• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, SONshine said:

Daniel 9:25:  Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

(time to do some research :help:....lots of research)

@Charlie, I understand you want to stick with just Daniel for now, so you don’t have to read it. 3E9FE15E-3C7A-4057-B268-088B8D10A27C.gif.7e6913ff8196876783717f98d076b70b.gif

Okay.  The decree, issued by king Cyrus, to restore and rebuild Jerusalem went forth in 454 B.C., the twentieth year of Artaxerxes.

So we have 7 weeks, which is 7 x 7 or 49 years (from 454 B.C. to 405 B.C.) plus 62 weeks, which is 62 x 7 or 434 years (from 405 B.C. to 29 A.D., the crucifixion).

That gives us a total of 69 weeks, which is 69 x 7 or 483 years.  ....but since the total time of this prophecy is 490 years, we are short one week, right?  There is yet one week yet to be fulfilled go before all the events in verse 24 are "sealed up.”

Now notice that the events in the next verse happen AFTER the 483 years, which is after the crucifixion.

They happen at the time of the end during Daniel's 70th week!

[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

There is a definite article in the manuscripts marking the "after threescore and two weeks" as the period of time just mentioned in verse 25, after the 483 years.

Christ was "cut off” (crucified), and that was He Himself who died on the cross.

But there comes a time when He is cut off "but not for Himself.”  The daily sacrifice shall be cut off from the hearts and the minds of the people.  (This from a commentary and one I wholeheartedly believe)

So we have a gap from the 69th week until the 70th week when Messiah is cut off.

This has not happened yet.  That will be during the last week of this “flesh” age, during the latter part of which the desolator will come and do his abominable things, which is to destroy wonderfully (with wonders) and destroy with peace the souls of men and women, spiritually speaking, and cause the daily sacrifice to be taken away—in other words, the Messiah to be cut off from the people.

Daniel 9:27  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is for the time of the end when the "action" continues in connection with Daniel's people and city, the true house of Israel and the city of Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:27 is the verse Jesus Christ referred to in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 when He said that the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet would come stand in the holy place... and as Paul declares in 2 Thes. 2, show himself (to the world) that he is God.

This abomination continues "even until the consummation, and determined shall be poured upon the desolate" which means until the very end when God pours out His wrath and puts an end to the transgression.

Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Yes, it's text with almost no commentary

ALREADY FALLEN from Grace
Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Ezekiel 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Ezekiel 28:4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

Ezekiel 28:5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

Ezekiel 28:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;

Ezekiel 28:7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

Ezekiel 28:8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

Ezekiel 28:9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

Ezekiel 28:10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

BEFORE THE FALL

Ezekiel 28:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

For those who say it is future, not PAST

Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Revelation 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Revelation 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Revelation 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

JASPER  -  SARDIUS
SAPPHIRE  -  TOPAZ
CHALCEDONY  -  DIAMOND
EMERALD  -  BERYL
SARDONYX  -  ONYX
SARDIUS  -  JASPER
CHRYSOLYTE  -  SAPPHIRE
BERYL  - EMERALD
TOPAZ  -  CARBUNCLE
CHRYSOPRASUS  - GOLD
JACINTH - 
AMETHYST

Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

overspreading of abominations 

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Proverbs 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Proverbs 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Proverbs 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 12:21 There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.

Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Proverbs 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Proverbs 15:9 The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.

Proverbs 17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

Proverbs 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?

Leviticus 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

Edited by DeighAnn
it offended Josheb

22 minutes ago, Josheb said:

How is that relevant to identifying the AoD and its occurrence?

The daily sacrifice taken away/cut off.  It is SPIRITUAL.  It is done by those who have been DECEIVED,  believing that the one they are sacrificing their love to  worshipping/loving (along with the whole world), the one standing where he ought not, the one claiming to be God, is God, when it is all just a LIE.  

THERE IS ONLY ONE ADVERSARY, and it is under his influence, or it is him in person.  

It isn't like those who have the gospel armor on WON'T KNOW exactly what is happening when it comes to pass.  IDENTIFYING him ISN'T going to be a problem.  The whole world will know.  DOES it matter where he comes from?  What his nationality is?  If it is a man under the influence or if it is Satan in person?  NO.  It's all the same.   

UNLESS there is some need to say "I knew it, see I was right, I told you it would be who and who from where and where".  OTHER than that? we know the season.   

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

:off-topic:

And therefore an abusive use of God's word. A bad meal.

I got rid of it.  How productive 

9 minutes ago, Josheb said:

:off-topic:

And therefore an abusive use of God's word. A bad meal.

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Revelation 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

DeighAnn

>>>Revelation 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Ezekiel 3 And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel.”2 So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat.

3Then he said to me, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.” So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

>>>Ezekiel had the same experience. He was given the little scroll to eat by the Son of God, who appeared to Him as a Man (Ezek.3:11). The purpose of Ezekiel’s eating the scroll was to make him God’s prophet and mouthpiece to Israel to announce God’s final words of warning, and also to announce God’s judgement on Israel and the surrounding Gentile nations. Here John ate the little scroll given to him by the Son of God, the Messenger of YHVH. The words of the scroll and the seven thunders will be announced by John himself during Daniel’s 70th week as one of the two witnesses.

Edited by Linkin
Add Extra Scripture
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Who says it is "spiritual"? Where does scripture state the sacrifice of "the one they are sacrificing" in their deception is the AoD? Where does scripture say the one declaring himself God is the AoD? The AoD is not a person. God has many adversaries (Isa. 1:24; Nah. 1:2). These things are commonly taught but where are the scriptures proving these teachings? 

Wanton copy-and-paste of unrelated verses is not sound exegesis. 

Please go back and re read my posts to see my position on what is written if this doesn't clear it up for you.   I don't understand how you don't understand.  Is there some belief or theory that would REQUIRE this to be something different than written? 

shall be one who makes desolate

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Revelation 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

1 hour ago, Linkin said:

DeighAnn

>>>Revelation 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

Ezekiel 3 And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel.”2 So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat.

3Then he said to me, “Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.” So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.

>>>Ezekiel had the same experience. He was given the little scroll to eat by the Son of God, who appeared to Him as a Man (Ezek.3:11). The purpose of Ezekiel’s eating the scroll was to make him God’s prophet and mouthpiece to Israel to announce God’s final words of warning, and also to announce God’s judgement on Israel and the surrounding Gentile nations. Here John ate the little scroll given to him by the Son of God, the Messenger of YHVH. The words of the scroll and the seven thunders will be announced by John himself during Daniel’s 70th week as one of the two witnesses.

Just like it is referred to as 'milk or meat'.  Food for the spiritual body!!!  

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Proverbs 31:6
"Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to him whose life is bitter."

Could I offer you some wine?  I couldn't resist, hope you see the humor.  If not I can delete this too

Edited by DeighAnn
couldn't see why the comment
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

DeighAnn>>>>>Just like it is referred to as 'milk or meat'.  Food for the spiritual body!!!

>>>>>The problem is we do not have a spiritual body. We are a physical created being. ''A living Soul'' animated by the Breath of God, who alone possess immortality and gives life and Breath to all things.