IGNORED

Was the flood a worldwide flood or a flood of the known world?

Amigo42

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  778
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,958
  • Content Per Day:  3.03
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

Good point.  However, scientists believe the entire world was one land mass at one point called pangea, so even though those areas aren't connected now, maybe at one point they were.

Look at elephants in Sumatra n rhinoceros in Java, they travelled when the whole world were connected before the flood.

Guest kingdombrat
2 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Or, the fact that everyone descended from Noah and his family and the story was passed down through the generations.  And then after the Tower of Bable when the entire Earth began to be populated by these descendants they continued to pass on the stories. 

For me, such things support the Tower of Bable story.

AMEN!

I love how a single Event can confirm the existence of a different Event.   Confirmation is a wonderful thing when we're able to connect the dots.

Guest kingdombrat
58 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Oh, back to scattering.  I think that God had groups of people from the Tower of Bable event vanish and reappear in the twinkling of an eye in various locations on Earth.  Again, made them feel like they fell from the sky. 

Interesting, I never thought about that.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,311
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Oh, back to scattering.  I think that God had groups of people from the Tower of Bable event vanish and reappear in the twinkling of an eye in various locations on Earth.  Again, made them feel like they fell from the sky. 

Far more likely that being unable to communicate with the neighbors they got up and walked away untill they had scattered across the world.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.87

58 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I often get this type of response.  Usually because they think it's too much like beem them up and back down from startreck, and or too supernatural.  Well, nothing compared to creating the entire universe, all there is, natural, spiritual, life itself etc. FROM NOTHING. 

It certainly is an interesting suggestion that I've never seem broached as well. All things are possible, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I often get this type of response.  Usually because they think it's too much like beem them up and back down from startreck, and or too supernatural.  Well, nothing compared to creating the entire universe, all there is, natural, spiritual, life itself etc. FROM NOTHING. 

It's more a case of, why should God do a miracle when there is a simpler natural explanation.

God decided one language into many very different languages, he may have given each language group a push to go there own way.

I think it far more reasonable that not being able to talk with ones neighbors they just went there separate ways.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.87

6 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Makes me think of something one might say in support of evolution.  

But it's not an unreasonable statement. The Bible makes no elaboration on the dispersal of the people after Babel so we are left with speculation. We know from archeological evidence that people groups have moved around a lot, filling new areas, displacing other groups and so on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,608
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  21

Deut 32. God assigned the nations (about 70) to lesser elohim. He had divorced them because of the Babel disobedience. He scattered Babel under the 'guidance' of these sons of God.

Psalm 82 tells us the 'sons of God' did a bad job and caused the pantheons. They were indicted. "You will die like men and fall like any prince."

Right after the Babel scattering He called Abram to make a nation of His own - Israel.

Edited by Justin Adams

On 5/25/2021 at 7:52 PM, Chicken coop2 said:

Makes me think of something one might say in support of evolution.  

Why?

does it take more faith or less faith to believe that God does not miraculously work in performing his plan.

he doesn't use miracles to save people he uses us to evangelise and he saves those he has chosen.

It is the same in history and into the future, God uses weather, people, words events etc to influence people to look to him.

things like Sauls blinding light are one off events.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

well, my simplistic mind says that gravity was not on hold during the flood. so, unless the volume of water stood like a heap on one part of the globe, it would via gravity have to flow down to the rest of the world???  So . . . my lightning fast brain (lol) concludes that the flood would have to have been world wide.

Remember we are talking about an massive depth of water required to cover the mountains at the end of the flood. So I suspect that yes, it would have had to cover the entire earth. btw: Now some scientests are saying that the grand canyon was caused by an massive rush of flood waters caused when an dam-bridge burst some 10K years ago. Not the colorado river over millions of years. Sounds like the flood to me . .   

Ray .   .  .  .

• Thumbs Up 1