IGNORED

Obedience Comes by Fear, but Faith by Hearing!

Bro.Tan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,316
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/30/2021 at 2:11 AM, Bro.Tan said:

Did you read the lesson from the beginning to the last point? 

As the bible says in both old and new, No one keeps Gods commandments and All have sinned.

It is a mark of immaturity to think that one can obey all of Jesus's commands.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 5/30/2021 at 11:55 PM, Who me said:

As the bible says in both old and new, No one keeps Gods commandments and All have sinned.

It is a mark of immaturity to think that one can obey all of Jesus's commands.

Thats not the case, in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 

So here is an example of some one keeping the commandments from his youth up! 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, Riverwalker said:

We come to Jesus out of fear.  We stay out of love.

For once we were dead in sin and had much to fear

But now we are Alive forever more, and have nothing to fear

That's not my story. But I didn't come out of love, either. I came out of belief. I learned Love as I learned His way. I've been around too many* Christians that are scared to death of hell, since moving to Kentucky, that it saddens me that so many are basically filling pews out of fear - fear they've known their whole "Christian" live, which often is many decades.

*I joined a southern gospel band that visited a lot of small churches, most one version or another of baptist. I saw a lot of "retired" preachers give a lot of emotional hellfire warning sermons. Those were not happy places. They were not joyful places. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

That's not my story. But I didn't come out of love, either. I came out of belief. I learned Love as I learned His way. I've been around too many* Christians that are scared to death of hell, since moving to Kentucky, that it saddens me that so many are basically filling pews out of fear - fear they've known their whole "Christian" live, which often is many decades.

*I joined a southern gospel band that visited a lot of small churches, most one version or another of baptist. I saw a lot of "retired" preachers give a lot of emotional hellfire warning sermons. Those were not happy places. They were not joyful places. 

You mean like this?

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is [e]manifest [f]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [g]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools

------------------------

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

-----------------------

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of [c]dignitaries

----------------

1nd Thess:1 6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with [c]tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who [d]believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

that turn or burn doctrine?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Riverwalker said:

You mean like this?

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is [e]manifest [f]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [g]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools

------------------------

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

-----------------------

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of [c]dignitaries

----------------

1nd Thess:1 6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with [c]tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who [d]believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

that turn or burn doctrine?

No need to reinvent the wheel. All your points are covered in the link in my tag line. 

20 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Thats not the case, in Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 

Yea a good example of someone who does not understand scripture.

He boasted about the civil section of the commandments, and when Jesus talked about the first four spiritual commands that he had not kept hecwalked away.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 6/2/2021 at 4:31 AM, Who me said:

Yea a good example of someone who does not understand scripture.

He boasted about the civil section of the commandments, and when Jesus talked about the first four spiritual commands that he had not kept hecwalked away.

Let's go back into Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 

Notice the young man says "All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?"  This is where the story gets interesting, because if you read the full story which we have to do, to get full understanding. We will see that the commandments Jesus mention wasn't the young man problem, it was something else. 

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 

So Jesus says if thou be perfect, that means the young was really close to being perfect, but the young had great riches that he couldn't let go, and that goes with what Jesus says in Matthew (22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind(38) This is the first and great commandment. This was very hard for the young man to do. So let's recap the story a little, the young man kept the commandments from his youth up, all most perfect, except one thing Jesus ask him to do, and that's sell all his possession and come follow him. 

So let's continue in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,259
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, missmuffet said:

The fear of God is the reverence of God. The fear of God is respecting, obeying and submitting to His discipline. Believers are never to be scared of God. 

My first thought was should we not define what "fear" is according to the word. Amen SIS thanks. The rest is dominos (not pizza ).. pizza lets go! 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/1/2021 at 9:23 AM, Bro.Tan said:

The story continues:

“Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, then go and sell all that you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come and follow me!” But when the young man heard Jesus tell him to give away his money, he was sad. He didn’t want to do this, because he was very rich. So he left.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:21-22‬ ‭

This shows he in fact had an issue with covetousness.

Edited by Hopefully

9 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

We will see that the commandments Jesus mention wasn't the young man problem, it was something else. 

Jesus mentioned worshipping God, the young man worshipped his possessions.