Greenie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I was looking at other religions to see how they differ from mine, I came across some reformed Christians, some hyper grace Christians, catholics, and the one that gets me the most right now is Hebrew Israelites. Now they teach (from what I gather) is that Christianity was hijacked from them by the white colonizers and that (pretty much all non white people) are the real jews or Hebrews. Jesus isn't white (which I believe) that he was a black man (which is also more plausible, even over the olive skin tone ) that p.o.c decend from Jacob and white people from Esau and that the Holy Bible was written to them. Some believe and teach that all people can be saved through faith, while some still hold "the laws" as true even to this day. ( I think we should live by the 10 as best we can which boil down to the 2 stated by Jesus- Love the lord your God with all your heart soul and strength. And love your neighbor the same way) now idk if the Hebrews mean all 613 laws or not. On a side note, I've been binge watching Pastor Stephen Darby from Destined Ministry (R.i.p. he passed away in 2017) alot on YouTube. Go check him out. This man can preach and teach like no other I've heard. I don't find him to be racist or prejudice against white people but he definitely holds to the Hebrew Israelite doctrine. I guess what I'm trying to get at is...do you find this to be true?? He can back up everything he says with scripture and I really can't find anything against it. I've always been taught one way so it blew my mind when I hear him preach. Anyways leave me your opinions I'd be glad to hear them Your brother in Christ, Matthew

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

The real Hebrews are under the curse.
Deuteronomy chapter 28, therefore seeing which people, in Israel, are under the curse will show who is who.

"The stranger that dwells among you shall get up very high above you, he shall lend to you and you shall not lend to them"
Deuteronomy 28:43-44

It's a very tell tale passage.

Leporsy causes white skin and yellow hair. Leviticus chapter 13.
Gehazi was struck with leprosy, he and his descendants forever, due to his greed.  2 Kings chapter 5. key verse 27.

"it's a great big white world and we are drained of our colors. We used to love ourselves, we used to love another."
Marylin Manson. Great Big White World.

In the distant past everyone had some color,
even people with what we call "White" facial features would have had some color.

The so-called Hebrew Israelites don't follow the law, they talk about it but they do not wear the law on their hands
and they do not wear ribbons of blue, but they claim to dress lawfully, but simply they are full of pride.

If the good news of Christ is not the focus, then the message is false.

It does not matter who is a Jew and who is not, what matters is who knows Christ and who does not.

He that speaks of himself seeks his own glory, he that seeks the glory of him that sent him, the same is true.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

The word religion is usually how people refer to Christians. We are called "religious" by the non christian crowd. I don't see myself as being involved in a religion. I have found the one, true and ONLY way to God. Nothing else is anything  but empty vanity.

I really see religion as everything else that isn't Christian based. We are told true religion is this: James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

What is everything else that isn't this? According to the literal meaning of 1 James v.27 which describes what is 'pure' as religion, anything else is not pure by inference. Notice immediately after this statement we are told to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. Those other 'religions' or empty religious activity WILL spot us with the world. 

Men make things seen so complicated. Jesus simply says, " Come to Me".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

All I would offer here, is to never confuse the words of men with the Word of God

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, Starise said:

The word religion is usually how people refer to Christians. We are called "religious" by the non christian crowd. I don't see myself as being involved in a religion. I have found the one, true and ONLY way to God. Nothing else is anything  but empty vanity.

I really see religion as everything else that isn't Christian based. We are told true religion is this: James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

What is everything else that isn't this? According to the literal meaning of 1 James v.27 which describes what is 'pure' as religion, anything else is not pure by inference. Notice immediately after this statement we are told to keep ourselves unspotted from the world. Those other 'religions' or empty religious activity WILL spot us with the world. 

Men make things seen so complicated. Jesus simply says, " Come to Me".

Wee are religious no matter what, we practice what we believe. This by it self is religion, no matter where someone is coming from.

James did not say that if they do not do look after the needy that they are not religious because he knows he is coming from a strong religious background, from a background to obedience to the law and the religious holidays in the law.

So I think and believe. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

51 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Wee are religious no matter what, we practice what we believe. This by it self is religion, no matter where someone is coming from.

James did not say that if they do not do look after the needy that they are not religious because he knows he is coming from a strong religious background, from a background to obedience to the law and the religious holidays in the law.

So I think and believe. 

Within this context my religion would be Jesus. But as I say, I don't see belief in Christ as religious. It's a belief that initiates the actions in a person by God corresponding to the fruits of the Spirit. What looks 'religious' to the world is simply God's inner work in us. It can be copied outwardly. Not copied internally. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Greenie said:

I was looking at other religions to see how they differ from mine, I came across some reformed Christians, some hyper grace Christians, catholics, and the one that gets me the most right now is Hebrew Israelites. Now they teach (from what I gather) is that Christianity was hijacked from them by the white colonizers and that (pretty much all non white people) are the real jews or Hebrews. Jesus isn't white (which I believe) that he was a black man (which is also more plausible, even over the olive skin tone ) that p.o.c decend from Jacob and white people from Esau and that the Holy Bible was written to them. Some believe and teach that all people can be saved through faith, while some still hold "the laws" as true even to this day. ( I think we should live by the 10 as best we can which boil down to the 2 stated by Jesus- Love the lord your God with all your heart soul and strength. And love your neighbor the same way) now idk if the Hebrews mean all 613 laws or not. On a side note, I've been binge watching Pastor Stephen Darby from Destined Ministry (R.i.p. he passed away in 2017) alot on YouTube. Go check him out. This man can preach and teach like no other I've heard. I don't find him to be racist or prejudice against white people but he definitely holds to the Hebrew Israelite doctrine. I guess what I'm trying to get at is...do you find this to be true?? He can back up everything he says with scripture and I really can't find anything against it. I've always been taught one way so it blew my mind when I hear him preach. Anyways leave me your opinions I'd be glad to hear them Your brother in Christ, Matthew

People are preaching all kinds of false doctrines. We need to stay with the truth of the Holy Bible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,291
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

6 hours ago, Greenie said:

@OneLight has given a brief and concise answer to these matters, my friend. Our brother's response can be found expressed in the following passage of scripture:

For you are all sons and daughters of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise. (Galatians 3:26-29 NASB)

This is the definitive answer to the many -isms which you'll encounter in this wide world, @Greenie. Consider the inverse of the so-called Hebrew Israelite cult --- Christian Identity --- which asserts the opposite, that people of white skin are the descendants of Jacob and ultimately, Adam. All of that nonsense is perverse.

The Lord in His wisdom ensured that no image of His person (outside of scripture) persevered to the present day. Praise the Lord! Are we white? Black? Asian? Wealthy or poor? God is no respecter of persons, brother. Each of us is the work of His hand. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Don't know what he looked like when he was here, but this is a pretty good description of him now according to John:

Rev 1:12-16

12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. 14  The hairs of his head were white like wool, as white as snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15  his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. 
ESV

• Loved it! 1