• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

Can you give me a verse that makes that distinction? I can see multitudes coming to the Church to get set free acts 5:16, articles of Paul's clothing handed out to cast out demons Acts 19:12 along of many other examples in the book of Acts. What we see in Acts is that deliverance was a common practice through out. Today, many believers just say a prayer and go to church but never get those things dealt with. Because the church has neglected this ministry, many people play with witchcraft, sexual sin, etc and they are still in bondage after they put faith in Jesus.

I can honestly say I had demons for the first 6 years of my christian life and no one was able to help because of ignorance on this topic. I came out of witchcraft where I let demons speak through me and when I became a believer, those demons came against me for 6 years. I was tormented with suicidal thoughts, demonic dreams, feeling things touch me. I had faith in Jesus, I believed He died on the cross and rose from the dead, I trusted in Him for salvation, was I a believer for those 6 years or was I only saved when I was delivered? I personally experienced a demon inside me leaving my body by the power of the Holy Spirit.

For the last 12 years I've been seeing deliverance and especially the last 3 years I've seen a dramatic increase of deliverance, we also have been fasting and praying as a Church for a greater anointing and watching God answer our prayers. When I do deliverance, I make it clear that this means making Jesus King over their lives and if they don't know Him I have them receive Jesus as their Savior, if they don't want Jesus, then I will not cast out the demons. Them receiving Jesus, does not automatically make them free. After they pray and commit their lives to Jesus, repent of sins that opened the door, then I cast them out by the Holy Spirit.

Many believers have said the prayer but still have demons tormenting them and it's a lie from the pit of hell to say they can't have demons. It's sad because when believers who love God experience freedom, it's a beautiful thing and they often become some of the most on fire believers you'll meet.

Now, in the bible it was common practice. 1/3rd of Jesus ministry was casting out demons, through out the book of acts they cast out demons, where is that in the average church today? If casting out demons was necessary for Jesus, for the disciples, is it necessary for us today>

Can you provide these folks with scripture that indicates a son of the Living God indwelt by the Holy Spirit and Christ, who has been transferred from the kingdom of darkness to His Kingdom and whose life is hidden with Christ in God and sealed with the Holy Spirit….that this earthen vessel containing Christ can also contain a demon?

Please do so or stop this lie.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

Can you give me a verse that makes that distinction? I can see multitudes coming to the Church to get set free acts 5:16, articles of Paul's clothing handed out to cast out demons Acts 19:12 along of many other examples in the book of Acts. What we see in Acts is that deliverance was a common practice through out. Today, many believers just say a prayer and go to church but never get those things dealt with. Because the church has neglected this ministry, many people play with witchcraft, sexual sin, etc and they are still in bondage after they put faith in Jesus.

I can honestly say I had demons for the first 6 years of my christian life and no one was able to help because of ignorance on this topic. I came out of witchcraft where I let demons speak through me and when I became a believer, those demons came against me for 6 years. I was tormented with suicidal thoughts, demonic dreams, feeling things touch me. I had faith in Jesus, I believed He died on the cross and rose from the dead, I trusted in Him for salvation, was I a believer for those 6 years or was I only saved when I was delivered? I personally experienced a demon inside me leaving my body by the power of the Holy Spirit.

For the last 12 years I've been seeing deliverance and especially the last 3 years I've seen a dramatic increase of deliverance, we also have been fasting and praying as a Church for a greater anointing and watching God answer our prayers. When I do deliverance, I make it clear that this means making Jesus King over their lives and if they don't know Him I have them receive Jesus as their Savior, if they don't want Jesus, then I will not cast out the demons. Them receiving Jesus, does not automatically make them free. After they pray and commit their lives to Jesus, repent of sins that opened the door, then I cast them out by the Holy Spirit.

Many believers have said the prayer but still have demons tormenting them and it's a lie from the pit of hell to say they can't have demons. It's sad because when believers who love God experience freedom, it's a beautiful thing and they often become some of the most on fire believers you'll meet.

Now, in the bible it was common practice. 1/3rd of Jesus ministry was casting out demons, through out the book of acts they cast out demons, where is that in the average church today? If casting out demons was necessary for Jesus, for the disciples, is it necessary for us today>

Can you give me a verse where a born again Christian was possessed?

You are of God, my little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13,14).

And what agreement has Christ with Belial? or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? (2 Corinthians 6:15).

We do still sin after we give our heart to Jesus and are born-again but Jesus will forgive us of those sins if we ask for forgiveness,but nowhere do I read that a born again believer can be possessed and "yes"some people will still have unhealthy habits,as long as we live in our old flesh we sin but thank God ,He forgives us over and over...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

Is it possible that a "believer" can be possessed but not a "born again" believer?  :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, Not of the World said:

Is it possible that a "believer" can be possessed but not a "born again" believer?  :noidea:

NotW,

The  Bible teaches that a true believer IS a born-again believer.

A true believer can have demonic oppression and strongholds, but a true believer cannot be possesed, the demon living inside you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

NotW,

The  Bible teaches that a true believer IS a born-again believer.

A true believer can have demonic oppression and strongholds, but a true believer cannot be possesed, the demon living inside you.

Ok.  Thank you!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

As others have pointed out, there isn't an instance of one whose life is hidden in Jesus Christ being possessed by unclean spirits to be found in the scriptures. We also note that those possessed by unclean spirits do not behave nor conduct themselves normally; they don't ask for nor seek help. The scriptures inform us of such matters. 

I'm grieved by some who insist that all manner of affliction is caused by unclean spirits and sin on the part of those who suffer. Our Lord Jesus Christ rebukes this falsehood by His words and deeds recorded in the Gospel of John:

As Jesus passed by, He saw a man who had been blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must carry out the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world.” (John 9:1-5 NASB)

So, then, not all affliction is the result of sin and/or unclean spirits. This nonsense must be confronted so that the young and vulnerable don't fall prey to all manner of horrendous thoughts and beliefs, which many of us have witnessed during our time in this world. Someone who is possessed by an unclean spirit isn't in control, so how is it possible for them to seek the Lord? There are some who watch too many movies, and those movies fill their heads with strange things indeed. 

Edited by Marathoner

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

Can you give me a verse where a born again Christian was possessed?

You are of God, my little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1:13,14).

And what agreement has Christ with Belial? or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? (2 Corinthians 6:15).

We do still sin after we give our heart to Jesus and are born-again but Jesus will forgive us of those sins if we ask for forgiveness,but nowhere do I read that a born again believer can be possessed and "yes"some people will still have unhealthy habits,as long as we live in our old flesh we sin but thank God ,He forgives us over and over...

There is no agreement with Christ and Belial, and the context of that verse was believers being unequally yoked. There are no verses about a believer having demons because they cast them out at conversion according to the testimonies in acts. We do, however see warnings. In Matthew 18:34-35, we see parable of someone who has been forgiven (Beliver) holding unforgiveness and being tormented by the torturers. In John 5:14, Jesus heals a man and warns about going back to sin lest worse things come upon him.

Why were multitudes running to the church to get free from demons, if they didn't have to? They obviously had some degree of faith in Jesus to come to the church to be set free.

Acts 5:16 Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

6 hours ago, Joshua-777 said:

There is no agreement with Christ and Belial, and the context of that verse was believers being unequally yoked. There are no verses about a believer having demons because they cast them out at conversion according to the testimonies in acts. We do, however see warnings. In Matthew 18:34-35, we see parable of someone who has been forgiven (Beliver) holding unforgiveness and being tormented by the torturers. In John 5:14, Jesus heals a man and warns about going back to sin lest worse things come upon him.

Why were multitudes running to the church to get free from demons, if they didn't have to? They obviously had some degree of faith in Jesus to come to the church to be set free.

Acts 5:16 Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

Where did you read that those people were sealed and filled with the Holy Spirit?

I'm not saying that people don't get sick,we will as long as we live in this earthy body..

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The jews were in a covenant relationship with God via Moses and potentially Abraham. Of course they had a faith.

Demons were cast out prior to conversion, not at conversion. I suggest that you be more careful about what you write and about conveying what you think. Much damage can be caused by such talk. Wisdom says, its not best for an open public forum.

19 minutes ago, Alive said:

The jews were in a covenant relationship with God via Moses and potentially Abraham. Of course they had a faith.

Demons were cast out prior to conversion, not at conversion. I suggest that you be more careful about what you write and about conveying what you think. Much damage can be caused by such talk. Wisdom says, its not best for an open public forum.

Maybe it makes people realize that at that time,peoplehave been followers or they heard of Jesus when they came to Him ,but really after Pentecost,people were filled with the Holy Spirit and sealed until the end and God took possessions of the souls of people who realized that He died for them and accepting Him in their heart.

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:13

Such a comforting thought..

• Thumbs Up 1