• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

2 hours ago, other one said:

Prior to the Gulf War, Before the invasion of Afghanistan.

And I might add, what makes you think the videos are fake.    Your lying government told you so?

Have you read the PNAC documents from the deep state documents that were generated by the deep state globalists after the Soviet Union came apart?

I love my country and what it is supposed to stand for, but we have some people in power that does not represent "We the People" nor what this country is supposed to stand for.

As a veteran (1968-1974) I can testify that when one is thousands of miles from home the only people you can depend upon are the ones on your right and left.  Flags and slogans and all that sort of nonsense civilians think are so important - AREN'T.  When home and family are far away, ruled by fools, the only thing that matters is your buddy (with a gun in his hand and the willingness to use it).

Prior to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy every citizen thought they could trust the government.  The day after Kennedy's head was blown off by agents of our government we pulled out all the stops against furthering the war in Vietnam and prosecuting organized crime.  Today we inherit the results of those days. Today few with an actual working brain trust our government.

In the days of the old Soviet Union two news periodicals were published for public consumption.  Isvestia, which meant news, and Pravda, which meant truth.  Russian people were no fools and used to say there is no news in Isvestia and no truth in Pravda.  Today we watch the sewage that's promoted as news gossip and assume its true and accurate.  It isn't, but we seem to be much more gullible than the citizens of the old Soviet Union.  They knew garbage when they saw it.

Do we?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

28 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Generic religious slogans and buzz words do not suffice to contribute an accurate representation of Russian motives and actions.  Lose them.  

Read history.  Listen to what the enemy is saying.  

"Know your enemy.  Know yourself and you will never lose a battle." - Sun Tzu THE ART OF WAR (required reading at West Point)

According to Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of UK, one needs to consider Russian history and Russian self-interest to determine any future action of the unpredictable Russian bear.  

Putin isn't 'another Hitler', satan notwithstanding.  Mr. Trump has been criticized for saying Putin is a genius, but in fact HE IS.  American media is busy with knee-jerk reactions and self-aggrandizing editorializations to deny the quality of our enemies character.  They do NOT know the enemy.   They don't have to.   All they have to do is get our attention so they can sell their hemorrhoid medications, sleep inducing drugs and expensive cars we don't need.  

American media presents truth, but ignores accuracy.

In the journalism business these are two different things.   Our media does this with a touch of hypocrisy for flavor and PRESTO - you've got the nightly news everybody swallows with their over priced groceries. Putin is attempting to reconstitute the borders of the old Soviet Union SO AS to act as a buffer between the Motherland and western aggression.

OK, so Russia is invading Ukraine which historically was part of Russia as was Crimea Georgia and the rest.  America reacts with a hypocritical attitude (not equaled in Europe, btw).  Is it wrong for Russia to reclaim their traditional land while it's ok for America to attack Libya, invade Afghanistan Iraq and Syria as well as Yemen and central Africa?  The United States violates its own laws (our obsolete constitution requires a declaration of war) when it does this and our citizens see nothing wrong with it?  Do you not understand the national hubris, hypocrisy and absolutely fanatic attitude of Americans who support these endless unproductive wars?  If any country is motivated by satanic obsessions it's America at the head of the parade.   Jesus said the peacemakers are blessed.  Where are they in America?  They're hiding under a bushel.

Bear in mind Russia has no natural defensive barriers as does the US with two huge oceans between us and possible invasion.  In the past Russia has been invaded by Sweden, France, Britain, the United States and twice by Germany.  Buffer zones such as those provided by Belarus and Ukraine historically provided a modicum of protection.  THAT'S WHY Putin wants to annex Ukraine today.

I'm not arguing right or wrong here or even demonic motivations of which America is as guilty as any other.  I'm attempting to describe motivations and justification for war.  Putin is right, from his point of view.  America is right from our biased and cross-eyed perspective.  The poor folk of Ukraine are caught in the middle.  

"Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, 'You are too arrogant.  If you don't change your ways I will rise up and break the back bone of your power.'" - Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. (circa 1967)

"The US government is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today." - Rev. King (circa 1966)

Make no mistake, Putin is a wise leader.  The United States would do well if we had one or two like him.  To date we are being led by a pack of fools.  It's been said that if a man wants to go crazy he should move to Washington, DC where it will not be noticed.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Hi choir loft,

That's a pretty good "holler"

I think you're right in saying that Putin sees the lies and corruption in the west and wants to keep Russia far away from that.

Keeping a buffer zone between Russia and the west would keep NATO and American missiles from their doorstep. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Actually in Syria right now there are troops from Russia, Belarus, Turkey, and Iran. I would also include Libya and Ethiopia as Russia is alongside those two nations as well.

Not long now till Russia and the others go into the Golan Heights, as God`s word has said.

yes its looking more and more like that not if but When i think

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Don19 said:

This is not about NATO. It was never about NATO. NATO is a smokescreen. Putin uses NATO as an excuse for his own outright aggression against Ukraine. He talks about the security of Russia as a way to excuse his own behavior of undermining the security of another state. He gave a speech two days ago in which he laid out his case against Ukraine as a nation. That's the real issue for him, not NATO. Putin wants to reclaim lands that he thinks Russia should have. It's irredentism. It's colonialism.

Nato has been expanded to ukraine to install nuke missiles that can reach most part of Russia faster. This is provocative and not peaceful attitude.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

Only Russia can lie so blatantly to the world, and no one even cares about their lies. Putin speaks of "denazification" of a country with a Jewish president. It is Putin that acts literally just like Hitler. His "denazification" is just genocide.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Russia is overthrowing the totally corrupt government we installed when we overthrew their Russian friendly government  in 2014 and lied about doing it.

Ukraine has the most corrupt government in the world, so corrupt we wouldn't even let them join NATO and to add to that our presidents family was getting huge amounts of money from them while he was the vice president.

Kind of like the kettle calling the pot black and dirty.

let it go.       

Putin is a much stronger president than what we've had (not counting Trump), he still isn't a dictator, he has a government much like any other democratic country.  and they in the past have not let him do some of what he proposed.  

If you have watched Putin over the years, you should have noticed that in the past 45 days he seems a different person.   I don't think I like what I see in him.     How we react may make a difference if a couple of billion people die and set civilization back a thousand years.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, other one said:

Russia is overthrowing the totally corrupt government we installed when we overthrew their Russian friendly government  in 2014 and lied about doing it.

Ukraine has the most corrupt government in the world, so corrupt we wouldn't even let them join NATO and to add to that our presidents family was getting huge amounts of money from them while he was the vice president.

let it go.       

Putin is a much stronger president than what we've had (not counting Trump), he still isn't a dictator, he has a government much like any other democratic country.  and they in the past have not let him do some of what he proposed.  

If you have watched Putin over the years, you should have noticed that in the past 45 days he seems a different person.   I don't think I like what I see in him.     How we react may make a difference if a couple of billion people die and set civilization back a thousand years.

Several folks that know him have noticed a change in him of late. I heard that a few times on the news yesterday. I decided to watch Fox all day and evening to try and get a handle on events and the west’s reaction. The thing not being mentioned, is the weather and ground conditions.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

20 minutes ago, other one said:

let it go.       

Putin only superficially seems to have become more unhinged. He was always cold and calculating. And he wanted to do all this 8 years ago, but was not able to. I see no evidence of changes in him. It's all for show. This aggression has been planned for a long time.

And now Russia is fighting a war of aggression, bombing civilians. (Same as they've done in Syria, so this is normal for Russia.) Talking about corruption in Ukraine is just totally irrelevant at this point, because Russia is waging an obviously unjust war of aggression.

Edited by Don19

3 minutes ago, Alive said:

Several folks that know him have noticed a change in him of late. I heard that a few times on the news yesterday. I decided to watch Fox all day and evening to try and get a handle on events and the west’s reaction. The thing not being mentioned, is the weather and ground conditions.

I've been going to internal news papers on line that are posted for the Russian People and using google translate to read.  Started years ago researching the Ezekiel 38 wars.  Don't know if my view of things are accurate but like the Arabs, what is said in those papers written for their citizens is different from the propaganda that is written for us.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am sure of one thing, I am not going to judge what's really happening by what I read in our papers, or Pravda or what comes from our government....   74 years of history tell me that is folly.

• Thumbs Up 2