IGNORED

Is it ok to drive to church on a suspended/restricted license?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

This is a type of permit that only allows you to go to certain places and religious services are not one of them. I have done it anyway a few times because i really felt led to but in the area i live there are idle cops everywhere who apparently have nothing better to do than pull someone over? And i have already been pulled over a few times for having an expired tag(which is still do) but luckily i was either going to or coming back from work which is allowed. But i guess the main reason i am asking is because their is a MAJOR revival happening less than 30 minutes from where i live with people coming from all over the country and world, and i have been a couple times but missed the service times i really wanted to attend. But was just wondering if i am actually being led by God to do this or is doing this always against His will, because i truly believe He can keep anything bad from happening as long as it is a part of His will.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,317
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I would agree with BK.    If you break the restrictions, they might stop you from driving at all....   Loose your job and end up on the streets.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:47 AM, CaptWalker said:

This is a type of permit that only allows you to go to certain places and religious services are not one of them. I have done it anyway a few times because i really felt led to but in the area i live there are idle cops everywhere who apparently have nothing better to do than pull someone over? And i have already been pulled over a few times for having an expired tag(which is still do) but luckily i was either going to or coming back from work which is allowed. But i guess the main reason i am asking is because their is a MAJOR revival happening less than 30 minutes from where i live with people coming from all over the country and world, and i have been a couple times but missed the service times i really wanted to attend. But was just wondering if i am actually being led by God to do this or is doing this always against His will, because i truly believe He can keep anything bad from happening as long as it is a part of His will.  

Mans law is not Gods law and it often opposes it, especially the laws of our corrupt governments of today. Things like traffic fines and such are more of a money making scheme than anything else.

But i still would advise not driving if your justice system is as corrupt as ours. I kept driving while i was unlicensed, i needed to get to work. But that means nothing and i got sent to prison. That hurt and i wouldn't wish that upon anyone who hasn't committed a crime. Prison is for criminals not for people with traffic offences, misdemeanors and such. Even criminals get over sentenced in my opinion but thats another matter

Our cops have number plate scanners that can read your rego plates from a kilometer away and a large part of the police force is dedicated to making money through traffic offences so its risky here these days.

All im saying is don't end up in prison my friend cos it will mentally scar you for life

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well i'm not sure if they are as corrupt in my area but i know it is mostly all about the money and cops making their daily or weekly "quotas" for traffic stops/tickets,etc. And i don't think anyone should go to prison for any traffic related offense, except maybe for a habitual violater such as for DUI's. But i never understood why they don't just impound someone's car until they can get a valid license, instead of just locking them up?

Either way i now understand why i got pulled over by a cop who only had about 2 seconds to "scan" my plates, and i always had wondered about it, but i'm pretty sure they also put out BOLO's to keep an eye out for certain vehicles who have been stopped before for repeat offenses. But as far as attending Church, i will usually never do it if i feel at all uncomfortable or paranoid about it which is most of the time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

~"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever." "

How will unrightous, law breaking lead anyone to rightousness?

Obey the traffic laws in your state, and the tax laws etc etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,266
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

I so agree with Omegaman and would urge you to obey the Scriptures he quoted.  Don't know if it is possible to have your permit changed to include religious services.  

Personally, I have seen the type of revivals that you describe come and go.  Most have not been so much of God moving but of the flesh and people looking for something exciting rather than to seek Gods face through the word and obedience.  The latter is true revival.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

9 hours ago, Willa said:

I so agree with Omegaman and would urge you to obey the Scriptures he quoted.  Don't know if it is possible to have your permit changed to include religious services.  

Agreed,Gods Word is very clear on the matter at hand.....good suggestion from Willa

On 2/14/2022 at 6:43 AM, BK1110 said:

I would advise you to try to work out some other kind of transportation, like asking for a brother at your church to give you a lift or some kind of public transit, if at all possible.

There are many options that do not include breaking the law(Governing Authority Law ,that is)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

On 2/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, CaptWalker said:

But was just wondering if i am actually being led by God to do this or is doing this always against His will, because i truly believe He can keep anything bad from happening as long as it is a part of His will.  

I sincerely doubt that God Has anything to do with your own thoughts about breaking the law to get there even if He Has Layed it on your heart to attend this revival........He has given us a sober mind(think rationally ,wisely & do the right thing)

Following Gods Will is not always the easiest thing to do & by that I mean you might have to put a little effort into getting there ,the car sitting there would seem a "temptation" to me because of the convenience ,one that can easily be avoided with taking captive such thoughts & subjecting them to Christs Authority

• Thumbs Up 2