R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

So often i read about the desperate christians coming into many Christian Forums, telling people of their hopeless situation, jobless, homeless, abused by family and needed to get out of the house, etc. and the only place they could find is the Christian Forums, NOT THE CHURCH.

What a pity, these people are our brothers and sisters unable to face competition of the world and neglected by government, if not us who help them who else will ?  If we cannot shelter them in our house how about using the asset of the church to help sheltering them ? Any church is able to help small number of just two or three people and it doesnt require permission for emergency. What is that million dollar church buildings for ? Do we realise the world doesn't need that expensive buildings ?, but they need a place where they can be saved and feel the love of Jesus healing and protecting them in need. Instead many churches have been built like a commercial university where people learn Theology and pay the abused tithe.

I often post this below picture of how actually a church should serve God, may be some of you are bored to see this, if we really want our fellow christians in need to find help instead of sharing their story at Christian Forums only. If your church cannot do this howbeit you people can shelter them at your beautiful house. Won't the world praise the churches and glorify God seeing your good deed ? There will be no Bible in the coming antichrist NWO and all churches shall be banned, we do not own that buildings forever and its coming to an end.

What i see is some christian ministries trying to convert a slum area of unbelievers by quoting verses on the streets. God said HEAL PEOPLE FIRST then you can start talking about the kingdom of God,

Luke 10:9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.

If we are not gifted with healing, then bring medical aids, food for the hungry. If we cannot help fellow christians howbeit we want to help the world.

I seriously question all pastors why its this old granny with her old bones who was serving the desperate people. Its not the big palace style church that i want to visit. Never.

homelesschurch.gif

tere1.gif

tere3.gif

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• R. Hartono changed the title to Desperate christians came to Christian Forums only because no help at churches

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Communities sustained by the citizens can have much more efficient places besides inside a church.    And multiple groups can fund the operation.   We have around 30,000 people in our small city and documented 600 homeless that live here permanently besides those with homes but have serious needs. That's one out of every 50 of us.   A county wide food bank where people can shop for free if they are in need...   and it's partially backed up by several larger churches.  We have places for them to sleep if they are not on drugs (including alcohol)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

One of the things about the internet, is that we really don't know who we are talking to online or if their situation is the real McCoy. There are no shortage of scammers. The best we can do online is pray for them and to direct them to help groups and help centers where the individual resides. As other one said, there are a plethora of churches and charities helping people in a variety of ways in every city and town. It is already being done. And has been done for a long, long, long time.

There is also government programs nation wide, available to help people find medical help, financial help, jobs, places to stay, and much more. But all of this takes money to set up and distribute. Our local cities, states, and federal taxes help with a lot of it, along with donations to churches and a plethora of organized charities. There are a plethora of doctors, nurses and dentists donating their time, and resources within charities to help the poor and destitute. All of these are working together to help those in need. And have been doing so for a really long time.

People can certainly become participants and provide help, when they tithe and give offerings in their local churches and / or to their favorite charities; so that they in turn can provide for those in need.  In order to help people, those that need help, have to want help to begin with. You can't help someone who doesn't want it. And won't help themselves, even though they desperately need a helping hand.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

It makes think of James where it speaks of faith and works. People focus on the "Faith without works is dead" part but a very relevant example is also given.  "If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

So often i read about the desperate christians coming into many Christian Forums, telling people of their hopeless situation, jobless, homeless, abused by family and needed to get out of the house, etc. and the only place they could find is the Christian Forums, NOT THE CHURCH.

How your church helps the homeless is really upto your church.

Some churches are able to run schemes like this one:-https://kcah.org.uk/

Others like the church I attend support it among other schemes.

Find out what charities are operating in your town and make them and there needs known to the church you belong to.

If you are not a church member why critises local churches?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

I don't know what to make of the opening topic because there are so many generalities. I also question what people think the church is here for or what in this context " THE CHURCH" is? 

Catholics think " The CHURCH" is only their church.

Some people consider "The CHURCH"  every building that resembles a place of worship.

I think maybe a better description would be that "THE CHURCH" is made up of both rich and poor in all kinds of places all over the earth.

I get the general feeling someone thinks the church is a stingy organization and should find better ways to share what they have. How can we say this when most churches I know of give of both people and resources to help in some way?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

What a pity, these people are our brothers and sisters unable to face competition of the world and neglected by government, if not us who help them who else will ?  If we cannot shelter them in our house how about using the asset of the church to help sheltering them ? Any church is able to help small number of just two or three people and it doesnt require permission for emergency. What is that million dollar church buildings for ? Do we realise the world doesn't need that expensive buildings ?, but they need a place where they can be saved and feel the love of Jesus healing and protecting them in need. Instead many churches have been built like a commercial university where people learn Theology and pay the abused tithe.

I often post this below picture of how actually a church should serve God, may be some of you are bored to see this, if we really want our fellow christians in need to find help instead of sharing their story at Christian Forums only. If your church cannot do this howbeit you people can shelter them at your beautiful house. Won't the world praise the churches and glorify God seeing your good deed ? There will be no Bible in the coming antichrist NWO and all churches shall be banned, we do not own that buildings forever and its coming to an end.

What i see is some christian ministries trying to convert a slum area of unbelievers by quoting verses on the streets. God said HEAL PEOPLE FIRST then you can start talking about the kingdom of God,

Luke 10:9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.

If we are not gifted with healing, then bring medical aids, food for the hungry. If we cannot help fellow christians howbeit we want to help the world.

I seriously question all pastors why its this old granny with her old bones who was serving the desperate people. Its not the big palace style church that i want to visit. Never.

homelesschurch.gif

tere1.gif

tere3.gif

Getting a good Biblical answer from another Christian is important but aren't they getting any help from God and prayer?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

We should all be desperate and always be desperate to know more of our Lord God.  In whatever way, in any way, in all ways, we should seek answers, seek knowledge, seek wisdom, seek everything pertaining to our Father and Lord.  When Jesus said seek and you will find, he did not say seek and you might find.  He said you WILL find.  He said to knock and the door WILL be opened.  All doors knocked on will be opened to us.  He is a God who walks WITH his people. 

I have never expected a "church" to give me anything as my God will supply my needs as he sees fit.  Sometimes I feel we put undo burdens and expectations on "churches" to take care of our physical and spiritual needs.  Church buildings are completely filled with human beings that are flawed therefore those flaws show.   There is not one perfect human being in any church in the entire world.  But we do have a perfect Lord and Savior who will take care of us and our needs.  In turn, when our needs are met we should be trying to meet the needs of others whenever we can.  It's a life long walk on earth that leads to eternity with Jesus our Savior!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

14 minutes ago, Starise said:

I get the general feeling someone thinks the church is a stingy organization and should find better ways to share what they have. How can we say this when most churches I know of give of both people and resources to help in some way?

I get the same feeling. I know I've seen a few people come to this forum speaking of urgent situations and basic needs. The fact that they have to come to a forum rather than get what's local either reflects poorly on the churches they're dealing with or suggests it's a scam attempt. I found myself in a desperate situation about a decade ago and turned to several local churches for help. I was hoping for help and kindness locally so much that I was willing to walk miles there and back with a back problem that made that painful. I was met with a lot of "God bless you"s and the like but ultimately it was a lot of dead ends. I did eventually find one very small church mostly populated by senior citizens and with a lot of empty pews. Someone in the pew behind me struck up a conversation before the service started and asked about me. At the end of the service he brought the pastor to me. The pastor took me to his office, heard me out, and prayed for me. Then he drove me home. That church remained my church of choice for as long as I stayed in that town. I was really touched by those little acts of consideration by the pastor and the man behind me. Up until then no one else had really offered anything more than words. I really hope that little church eventually thrives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1903897024_download(4).jpg.bb95287cc052c97d9cc9c2f466bc9bbc.jpg