IGNORED

First Resurrection, is it of Time Place or Rank?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

Where does it say the saints under the altar were judged? They call for justice and are told to wait while some more are KILLED. Does our Lord Jesus descend below the altar to judge? Where is your scripture my sister? The judgment is in the air, not under the altar. The saints on horses are ALIVE. Where do you get the idea that they are dead. They have been called to the wedding. "And the Virgins AROSE and trimmed their Lamps". They have been resurrected. Maybe you could think things through a bit.

You have yet to show a verse that says that dead men go to heaven. David, 50 days after Christ's resurrection, and 10 days after His ascension, IS STILL IN HADES AND NOT ASCENDED TO HEAVEN (Act.2.27-35).

Concerning Abel - all you have to do is show scripture. Why won't you?

Show me, from the Bible, how taking captivity works. "Believing" it should be based on God's word.

My esteemed sister, when are we going to discuss scripture and not fairy tales? I have shown you scriptures where the living are judged. There are none when the dead are judged. Why not discuss what God has said, not some Roman Catholic tradition.

Alive in the flesh, dead in the spirit  UNSAVED LIVING ON EARTH in earthen vessel
Alive in the flesh alive in the spirt    SAVED, LIVING ON EARTH in earthen vessel

dead in the flesh, dead in the spirit   UNSAVED LIVING IN HADES  in spiritual body
dead in the flesh, alive in the spirit  SAVED LIVING IN HEAVEN  in spiritual body

Every one has a body at all times    TO EVERY SEED A BODY

the dead in the spirit never go to heaven
the alive in the spirt never go to hell

The souls  'under' the altar are in heaven they are alive and they have bodies and they ride horses back when Christ returns to set up the earthly kingdom when  HE DESCENDS in like manner and His feet touch the mount and when He sits on Davids Throne and we reign and rule with Him.

We will be reigning over the DEAD.  The living in spiritual bodies but spiritually dead.  The dead will stand before God to be judged.  THOSE DEAD ARE LIVING.  THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE SOUL IN ALL OF HISTORY WHO HAS DIED.  ALL ARE LIVING AND WILL BE UNTIL THE LAKE OF FIRE.  MAN CAN ONLY KILL THE FLESH AND NOT THE SOUL OF ANOTHER MAN.  HE CAN KILL THE FLESH AND IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE GOD HAS GIVEN US ANOTHER BODY THAT MAN C AN'T KILL ONLY HE CAN.  So alive and breathing in an earthen vessel or alive and breathing in a spiritual one, either in heaven or hell,  all men are alive still. 

Now if you take that knowledge to ANY post I have posted you will understand who I mean and what I mean.  

SO how does one go from earth to heaven or hell?  By guess, by gosh?  Luck of the draw?  Long straws, perhaps?   

What about those who only think they are 'saved' but Jesus doesn't recognize them?   Will those who hate the Lord rule and reign with Him?  When do you think we are JUDGED?  BEFORE we die?  How could that be when we haven't finished our works?  

BUT YOU WANT ONE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THE DEAD ARE JUDGED SO WE AREN'T SPEAKING FAIRY TALES    OK   

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

1 Peter 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1 Peter 4:3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

1 Peter 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

1 Peter 4:5 Who shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

There it is in words YET even there,  WE KNOW THEY ARE ALIVE even WHEN they are DEAD.  

4 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

- Show me dead men being judged and show that the men I have shown to be ALIVE and then judged is a mistake

WHAT?

5 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

- Show me, from scripture, that taking captivity captive means transporting dead men, or spiritual bodies, or souls of dead men to heaven

I will SHOW but will it be seen?   Just curious, WHO do you think was being held captive that was set free and ascended when CHRIST did?   Can scripture HELP when that is the question being asked?   I surely don't understand this comes from.  I think I know and understand it  from learning the words of God Precept on precept on precept verse by verse by verse...

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil

Hebrews 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

7617. shabah ►
Strong's Concordance
shabah: to take captive
Original Word: שָׁבָה
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: shabah
Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-baw')
Definition: to take captive

bring away, carry, carry away, lead, lead away, take captives, take away
A primitive root; to transport into captivity -- (bring away, carry, carry away, lead, lead away, take) captive(-s), drive (take) away.

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Ephesians 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

When did HE ascend on high?  What happened to the graves?  What were we told would happen to the dead.  

WHO else could have taken and held them captive?  

Psalm 68:16 Why leap ye, ye high hills? this is the hill which God desireth to dwell in; yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever.

Psalm 68:17 The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.

Psalm 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Psalm 107:10 Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;

Psalm 107:11 Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:

Psalm 107:12 Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.

Psalm 107:13 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.

Psalm 107:14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.

Psalm 107:15 Oh that men would praise the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!

Psalm 107:16 For He hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

Psalm 107:17 Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

Psalm 107:18 Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.

Psalm 107:19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and He saveth them out of their distresses.

Psalm 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Psalm 116:1 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

Psalm 116:2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

Psalm 116:3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

Psalm 116:4 Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

- Show men why James 2:26 is wrong when James says that a dead body has no spirit

When the spirit leaves the body that has just gone through 'as in Adam all die' and has moved on to their spiritual body the DEAD CARCASS that has been left behind HAS NO MORE SOUL OR SPIRIT IN IT.  DAVIDs body is still in the grave.  HE ISN'T, BUT THE FLESH THAT USED TO HOUSE HIM IS.  And it doesn't know anything.  It never will again.  It has been left to go back to what it was before it housed the spirit/soul of David.   It goes back to being DIRT.   The spirit/soul that USED TO RESIDE THERE has left the building and has found a building made in heaven.  

Think of how the evil spirits possess a body and jump out of it into the pigs.  Ours doesn't take over someone elses body but our own body from heaven.  

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

- Show men David in heaven and why Acts 2:34 is wrong

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

expect scriptures that plainly state this, like Acts 2:34-35

EXPECT this to be the last 'show me' to which I acquiesce.  

I will use the same scripture which read saying one thing and I read in another way.  

Go look at it in the Interlinear or the Greek

NOT FOR DAVID ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS,  HE SAYS HOWEVER HIMSELF

DAVID HAD NOT ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS, and he was speaking  AS A PROPHET....

Agree or disagree, is up to you.  

Show you DAVID in heaven.  OK   

THE LORD SAID UNTO MY LORD  

Obviously HE HAD FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST  

And a lot more than just this is being told.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,119
  • Content Per Day:  3.27

4 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Alive in the flesh, dead in the spirit  UNSAVED LIVING ON EARTH in earthen vessel
Alive in the flesh alive in the spirt    SAVED, LIVING ON EARTH in earthen vessel

dead in the flesh, dead in the spirit   UNSAVED LIVING IN HADES  in spiritual body
dead in the flesh, alive in the spirit  SAVED LIVING IN HEAVEN  in spiritual body

the dead in the spirit never go to heaven
the alive in the spirt never go to hell

The souls  'under' the altar are in heaven they are alive and they have bodies and they ride horses back when Christ returns to set up the earthly kingdom when  HE DESCENDS in like manner and His feet touch the mount and when He sits on Davids Throne and we reign and rule with Him.

We will be reigning over the DEAD.  The living in spiritual bodies but spiritually dead.  The dead will stand before God to be judged.  THOSE DEAD ARE LIVING.  THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE SOUL IN ALL OF HISTORY WHO HAS DIED.  ALL ARE LIVING AND WILL BE UNTIL THE LAKE OF FIRE.  MAN CAN ONLY KILL THE FLESH AND NOT THE SOUL OF ANOTHER MAN.  HE CAN KILL THE FLESH AND IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE GOD HAS GIVEN US ANOTHER BODY THAT MAN C AN'T KILL ONLY HE CAN.  So alive and breathing in an earthen vessel or alive and breathing in a spiritual one, either in heaven or hell,  all men are alive still. 

Now if you take that knowledge to ANY post I have posted you will understand who I mean and what I mean.  

SO how does one go from earth to heaven or hell?  By guess, by gosh?  Luck of the draw?  Long straws, perhaps?   

What about those who only think they are 'saved' but Jesus doesn't recognize them?   Will those who hate the Lord rule and reign with Him?  When do you think we are JUDGED?  BEFORE we die?  How could that be when we haven't finished our works? 

As I thought - not a single scripture. Just fairy tales about a "dead spirit". 

4 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

BUT YOU WANT ONE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THE DEAD ARE JUDGED SO WE AREN'T SPEAKING FAIRY TALES    OK   

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

1 Peter 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1 Peter 4:3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

1 Peter 4:4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

1 Peter 4:5 Who shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

There it is in words YET even there,  WE KNOW THEY ARE ALIVE even WHEN they are DEAD.  

I guess (because you don't say) that you mean verse 5? Or is it verse 6? But you have not taken into account the context. The context is the GENTILES (v.3). It is the judgment of the Gentiles (who are now living) and the Gentiles (who are now dead). Our Lord is "READY" to judge them - (i) the LIVING at the "Throne of His glory" (Matt.25) and (ii) those who are called "the rest of the dead". So also verse 6. The word "dead" is present continuous. It reads thus; "the gospel was preached to them who are now dead". Or do you maintain that "dead men can hear the gospel and 'live according to God in the spirit'"??? Absurd.

C'mon sister. Let's deal with these things correctly and honestly. You're a great and zealous student of scripture. Don't waste your zeal holding onto a sinking ship. Go back over our exchanges and see which of your doctrines is really held up by scripture - I mean plain language

3 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I will SHOW but will it be seen?   Just curious, WHO do you think was being held captive that was set free and ascended when CHRIST did?

Who was set free? You misrepresent scripture. It say CAPTIVITY is led CAPTIVE - Not CAPTIVITY IS ENDED. Your whole premise is based on the opposite of what scripture says.

When the spirit leaves the body that has just gone through 'as in Adam all die' and has moved on to their spiritual body the DEAD CARCASS that has been left behind HAS NO MORE SOUL OR SPIRIT IN IT.  DAVIDs body is still in the grave.  HE ISN'T, BUT THE FLESH THAT USED TO HOUSE HIM IS.  And it doesn't know anything.  It never will again.  It has been left to go back to what it was before it housed the spirit/soul of David.   It goes back to being DIRT.   The spirit/soul that USED TO RESIDE THERE has left the building and has found a building made in heaven.  

Think of how the evil spirits possess a body and jump out of it into the pigs.  Ours doesn't take over someone elses body but our own body from heaven.

No scriptures - again.

But worse than this is that scripture is overturned. Let us see;

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

What means then "my flesh shall rest in hope" when it is discarded - as you say???

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

So our Lord is in Hades, but not left there. But David, despite your claim "is not ascended into heaven" (v.34). Where is he, especially since his sepulcher is still with us? What then is the use of Jesus' BODY "not seeing corruption if He discards it? And if the body is discarded, where did our Lord Jesus get a second set of wounds?

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

David is dead says the inspired record. David is alive - says DeighAnn

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hades, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Again, our Lord is in Hades, but where then is David. Gone to heaven in CAPTIVITY? Lazarus stinks after 3 days. Our Lord not. Why discard this  glorious body that has not decayed like the rest of men?

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

The inspired record says David is NOT ascended to heaven. DeighAnn says otherwise. The inspired record says in 1st Thessalonians 4 "the dead shall rise". DeighAnn says the dead are no longer dead and have risen to heaven. The inspired record says we are "loosed from the pains of death" at resurrection (Act.2:24). Deigh Ann says that the are "captive" and led into "captivity".

C'mon sister. Let's read what it says and be brutally accurate.

EXPECT this to be the last 'show me' to which I acquiesce.  

I will use the same scripture which read saying one thing and I read in another way.  

Go look at it in the Interlinear or the Greek

NOT FOR DAVID ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS,  HE SAYS HOWEVER HIMSELF

DAVID HAD NOT ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS, and he was speaking  AS A PROPHET....

Agree or disagree, is up to you.  

Show you DAVID in heaven.  OK   

THE LORD SAID UNTO MY LORD  

Obviously HE HAD FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST  

And a lot more than just this is being told.  

O.K. No more "show men". I agree - half time.

Go well sister.

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

guess (because you don't say) that you mean verse 5? Or is it verse 6? But you have not taken into account the context.

You wanted a scripture that said the dead were judged.  I gave you one.  Not good enough?  Of course not.  

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

C'mon sister. Let's deal with these things correctly and honestly. You're a great and zealous student of scripture. Don't waste your zeal holding onto a sinking ship. Go back over our exchanges and see which of your doctrines is really held up by scripture - I mean plain language

Just going to pray that everyone who reads this has read the entire thread.  If so, no problem,  as the truth speaks for itself.  

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Who was set free? You misrepresent scripture. It say CAPTIVITY is led CAPTIVE - Not CAPTIVITY IS ENDED. Your whole premise is based on the opposite of what scripture says.

Here is what you MISREPRESENT  and ascribe to me things I did not say AND things I don't believe.  

I will let Scripture do the talking.  

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Matthew 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Ephesians 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Ephesians 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

David is dead says the inspired record. David is alive - says DeighAnn

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.
Believest thou this?

HOW IS IT YOU DON'T BELIEVE THIS?

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

The inspired record says David is NOT ascended to heaven. DeighAnn says otherwise. The inspired record says in 1st Thessalonians 4 "the dead shall rise". DeighAnn says the dead are no longer dead and have risen to heaven. The inspired record says we are "loosed from the pains of death" at resurrection (Act.2:24). Deigh Ann says that the are "captive" and led into "captivity".

C'mon sister. Let's read what it says and be brutally accurate.

I would be happy if you could find the neighborhood in which ACCURATE LIVES.     

The first sentence you put forth.  AD HOC SAYS 
The inspired record says David is NOT ascended to heaven. DeighAnn says otherwise.

Did HE NOT RISE WITH CHRISTS DEAD BODY?  
Was he not held captive by death being under the law of sin and death?  
Did not the 'dead' live again when the graves opened and they rose?
Did Christ not correct Martha when she spoke of a last day by saying HE IS THE RESURRECTION.   
DIDN'T people coming up out of the graves  PROVE loosed the bonds of death for those who receive the gift?

AD HOC SAID
The inspired record says in 1st Thessalonians 4 "the dead shall rise". DeighAnn says the dead are no longer dead and have risen to heaven.

NOT THOSE DEAD.   EVEN If there WAS a possibility that I 'misspoke once' YOU WOULD STILL KNOW I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED THAT.   

I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID THEY ARE STILL IN THE DUST OF THE EARTH AND THEY WILL RISE WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AT THE 2ND ADVENT THE RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND THE UNJUST.  

BUT YES, I DO BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL AND MIND  THAT THOSE WHO LIVE AND BELIEVE IN CHRIST NEVER DIE.  

AD HOC SAID
The inspired record says we are "loosed from the pains of death" at resurrection (Act.2:24). Deigh Ann says that the are "captive" and led into "captivity".

I HAVE SAID REPEATEDLY  THOSE UNDER THE OLD COVENANT HEARD THE MESSAGE OF SALVATION AND THEIR GRAVES OPENED AND THEY ROSE SINCE DEATH COULDNT HOLD THEM ANY MORE.  CHRIST IS THE ONE WHO TOOK 'THOSE WHO WERE HELD CAPTIVE BY DEATH' TO HEAVEN WITH HIM

AND NOW I ARE DONE. 

2 Corinthians 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

2 Corinthians 4:15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

2 Corinthians 5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

2 Corinthians 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

2 Corinthians 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  795
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

12 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

There are only two bodies..Paul said there is a terrestrial body and there is a celestial body..when we die our bodies return to the dust from whence they came...our spirt returns to God who gave it...but this condition is called 'sleeping in Jesus..' 

David said I will be satisfied when I awake in thy likeness...when do the dead awake from their sleep? It is on the last day when we are resurrected and are changed...Paul said we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in a twinkle of an eye, at the last trump...not when we die, but at the last trump...this is when this mortality shall put on immortality...

What Daniel said was that 'many that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.'  This means they are not awake right now, and it also means they have not yet received their glorified bodies, but they are awaiting that time when they will be changed...

Like Job 14:14 says "If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait until my change comes...' He did not say 'at the point of my death I will be changed, but rather he would wait UNTIL his change comes...

Blessings to you- Gary

Edited by transmogrified

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, Selah7 said:

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

- 1 Corinthians 15:52-54 (KJV)

The word used in verse 52 is incorruptible, not imperishable as you indicated in your post.

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised aphthartos, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on aphtharsia, and this thnétos [must] put on athanasia. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on aphtharsia, and this thnétos shall have put on athanasia, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

aphthartos
Phonetic Spelling: (af'-thar-tos)
Definition: undecaying, imperishable
Usage: indestructible, imperishable, incorruptible; hence: immortal.

aphtharsia
Phonetic Spelling: (af-thar-see'-ah)
Definition: incorruptibility
Usage: indestructibility, incorruptibility; hence: immortality.

thnétos
Phonetic Spelling: (thnay-tos')
Definition: subject to death
Usage: mortal, subject to death.

Transliteration: athanasia
Phonetic Spelling: (ath-an-as-ee'-ah)
Definition: immortality
Usage: immortality, imperishability, freedom from death.

This is all about the body made immortal. And whether it's indestructible, incorruptible or imperishable it's all the same idea, a forever body

22 hours ago, Selah7 said:

First, either upon Christ's return or when we die in the flesh, our flesh body is changed into a spiritual  body. 

Second, some of us (Elect/Saints) will be granted eternal life/immortality at Christ's return (The First Resurrection), while others will have to wait until after the 1000 year Millennium when, at the GWTJ, they will either be granted eternal life/immortality (The Second Resurrection) or eternal death (second death) (along with Satan) in The Lake of Fire.  

Now notice the next verse.  It shifts the focus from bodies to souls…

So what 1 Corinthians 15:54 is saying is that when (#1) this corruptible (body) has put on incorruption, and (#2) this mortal (soul) has put on immortality, then the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory,” will come to pass.

in His GRACE, Selah

I never heard it was only some. Is there a scripture or two for this?