• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

I've been looking into Psalm 83 but haven't found consistent commentary about the chapter. I'm just wondering how my Worthy Mates understand the prophecy listed here. Specifically, I'm trying to decide of the prophecy was fulfilled in OT times or later? If later, does the Six Days War fulfill this prophecy?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

David was anointed early that He will be King of Israel and held His peace til that time came, and Saw seek to destroy Him. Saw figured His family will reign.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

20 hours ago, D-Dawn said:

I've been looking into Psalm 83 but haven't found consistent commentary about the chapter. I'm just wondering how my Worthy Mates understand the prophecy listed here. Specifically, I'm trying to decide of the prophecy was fulfilled in OT times or later? If later, does the Six Days War fulfill this prophecy?

As far as know it's not fulfilled yet..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,769
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

22 hours ago, D-Dawn said:

I am of the opinion that Psalm 83 is in correlation with true Israel who will be gathered from the four corners of the earth to the Middle East following the great tribulation. True Israel (believers in Christ) will reside peacefully with each other in the Middle East for some time before the faithless nations try to do business there. You can find descriptions of this in Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 16 (Armageddon).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Ezekiel 34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14. I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

Many believe this prophecy was fulfilled during the Six Days War in 1967. From Israel’s founding in 1948 to 1967, Israel did not possess the mountains of Israel or control of Jerusalem.

As they always do with a war of aggression as the victors, they annexed land and expanded their borders, regaining this land. Israel took back control of Jerusalem in 1967, and I suspect this is not associated with Psalm 83. Nationally they are not living in peace & security, without walls, bars, and gates for the Gog-Magog invasion.

All biblical prophecy is always fulfilled to a T, Asaph was a Seer (prophet), and Psalm 83 was not fulfilled to the letter according to history. May it also be one of many dual prophecies in the Bible?

But anyway, if you are interested, look up Bill Salus on YouTube for his videos and books on the subject. He makes a good case that this war could be prophetically up next.

I am not dogmatic about either scenario, but an interesting question remains? Where is the inner circle of hostile nations surrounding Israel’s border that hate her and want to drive Israel into the sea in all this coming turmoil?

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Hi, Dawn :)

My thoughts about this are that even at the time of this writing in Psalms, the warnings presented were historical.  But, imo, they are both history and prophecy for those of us living in these latter days of this generation.  So, if we take to heart what Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 10:11-12, we’ll be taking these warnings in Psalms 83 as intended—as a caution for us living in the end times.

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 10:11-12 (KJV)

From the very beginning of Psalms 83, the prayer seems to be a call for God to intervene.  The events mentioned in Psalms 83 mirror what’s happening today.  

Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate Thee have lifted up the head.

Psalm 83:1-2 (KJV)

Selah.

Edited by Selah7
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

The land promised to Abraham and his seed stretches from the Eurphrates river to the Nile River. 

I believe the Psalms 83 war in which the nations who share the promised land with present day Israel are destroyed is the same war mentioned in Revelation as Armegeddon. The ten nations of Psalms 83 coresponds to the ten horns of the beast. After the beast is destroyed the promised land is given to the saints(Israel)for and everlasting possession. 

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-27.htm

https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-4.htm

About 1000 years after the saints of Israel have recieved the land promised them, Gog and the nations of the world attempt to overthrow them but are defeated by God. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 4/7/2022 at 7:37 PM, D-Dawn said:

Specifically, I'm trying to decide of the prophecy was fulfilled in OT times or later?

Definitely OT times, ca. 485 B.C.

And as nearly always, "I have a blog for that." :t2:

21. The Psalm 83 War: When?

An explanation of the historical background of Psalm 83 and related OT texts, and the modern false presumptions about them.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1166-the-psalm-83-war-when/

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 4/7/2022 at 8:37 PM, D-Dawn said:

Hello Dawn, the Psalm 83 Wars like the Gog and Magog wars are back to back end time prophesies. Notice, no one is ever declared a victor in the Psalm 83 wars !! Also notice all of the nations (peoples mentioned are known nations today) in Psalm 83 have a very close proximity or a border with Israel, but in the Gog and Magog war none of the nations mentioned have a common border with Israel. So, something happened, those nations all of the sudden stop having skirmishes with Israel, and are at peace with Israel during the Gog & Magog war.

The Psalm 83 wars  ( the 50-60 year continual skirmishes from 1948-2010ish....)

1.) The Wars of Israeli Extermination as seen in Psalm 83 and all the players are: Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Saudis and even Gaza. We know this by the names in the scriptures.

Psalm 83:1 Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God. 2 For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. 3 They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. 4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

5 For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; 7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8 Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.

We know Edom, Moab and Ammon are in Central and Southern Jordan via studies on the Petra/Bozrah area where the children of Israel flee unto in Dan. 11:40-43 and many other places. We now Tyre is in Lebanon, the Ishmaelites were in Moab, but they have also spread to Suadi Arabia, Qatar etc. Gebal/Byblos is modern day Jbail in Lebanon. The Hagarenes were said by the Greeks to be the early conquerors of Mesopotamia, Syria and Egypt. The Amaleks lived Southwest of Judah in the Zin deserted area, towards Egypt. 

So, as we can clearly see these are all of the nations right in and around Israel. From Israel's rebirth in 1948-2010ish they have had a continual battles with these nations trying to end Israel's existence (THEN SOMETHING HAPPENED....later on we get to it....Iran happened)

. 1948 The first Arab-Israel War

. 1951-55-The Fedayeen Insurgency

. 1956-The Suez War

. 1967-The Six Day War

. 1967-7o The War of Attrition 

. 1971 -1983 Palestinian insurgency in South Lebanon

. 1973-Yom Kippur War

. 1978-First South Lebanon conflict

. 1982-First Lebanon War

. 1985–2000 South Lebanon conflict

. 1987–1993 First Palestinian Intifada

. 2000–2004 Al-Aqsa Intifada

. 2006-Operation Summer Rains

. 2008–2009-Gaza War

We know these particular people have never united/formed a confederation in history to come against Israel, until 1948-2010ish when they all started trying to wipe Israel off the map at the exact same time, working in unison. So, why did it all of the sudden, for the most part stop? Because of a famous saying.

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend.

Iran became a regional threat to Qatar, the UAE, the Saudis, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, etc. etc. thus they felt Israel were now their needed friends, that is why Donald Trump was able to get the Abraham Accords signed. About a week or two ago a UAE Airline for the first ever time landed in Israel. So, if we now turn our attention to the Gog & Magog war we can see that not one nation in that future war against Israel has a "Common Border" with Israel !! Thus the Abraham Accords were a prophetic event which has now come to pass, Israel now lives in "UNWALLED VILIAGES" metaphorically speaking she is at peace with her immediate neighbors, we can see this by those named in the Gog & Magog war and those not named.

The Gog & Magog War

2.) NOTICE not one of these nations have a common border with Israel: Sheba and Dedan (Saudi Arabia) is not mentioned in this Gog/Magog war, but Cush (Ethiopia/Sudan), Put (Libya), Persia (Iran) Magog (Russia), Tubal & Gomer (Turkey) Meshech & Tubal were from around modern day Georgia, so it's really just Russia also, meanwhile Rosh is just a title like unto being a President or Prince. 

So, Psalm 83 has just been fulfilled. The Gog & Magog war hence is right around the corner. This is why Donald Trump was elected miraculously against all odds in 2016, no other politician could have brought the two sides together because he didn't think like a politician, because he really wasn't one. Once Iran came on the stage as a nuclear threat these other nations quit pretending that Palestine or Gaza was a real issue. 

We now await Russia to invade Israel, after the Ukraine fiasco, something will trigger it, they probably bomb Iran's Nuclear sites. The Gog and Magog war will then afterwards force Israel into an agreement to become a part of the E.U. that is the Covenant/Agreement that ANGERS God, His Wrath will then come forth during the 70th week, and 3-5 million Jews will repent (Zechariah 13:8-9). The Rapture will happen just before the 70th week begins. Amen.

All of this could only come to pass with a "weak" U.S. President.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

These ten have one mind and form an alliance against the Lamb. 

https://biblehub.com/psalms/83-5.htm

=

https://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/17-13.htm

https://biblehub.com/kjv/revelation/17-14.htm

None of these ten nations exist when Gog invades Israel. That's why they are not mentioned being with Gog.