• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Those Who Are Convinced Christ Will Return In Their Lifetime

I am 70, most men in my family died before age 62, so my lifetime could be pretty short!

I believe Jesus is coming soon. He has been coming soon for 2000 years.

3knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.I

If He comes in 20 minutes or 20 centuries, makes no difference to me. The longer He postpones, perhaps the greater the number of the saved, that is a good thing, but I think God ought to do what He thinks best - and He does!:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, abcdef said:

The 2 witnesses are the faithful branches people of Israel who hold the scriptures that witness of Jesus.

They are not being removed from the kingdom because the kingdom is spiritual and death cannot separate us from God or remove us from the kingdom.

They are dead and are resurrected when the 7th trumpet blows.

The kingdom has been on planet earth since the day of Pentecost. 

--

The kingdom is already Christ's kingdom and has been since Pentecost. The event of the 7th trumpet is showing the end of the kingdom on planet earth because the kingdom is taken to heaven and will never return.

The 7th trumpet event is also shown as the stone striking the statue in Dan. 2.

Well, if you are a Christian, you are in their shoes. Maybe you are not in Jerusalem, but you share the same event, of the resur/rapt at the coming of Jesus for the kingdom. Not real estate, souls in the spiritual kingdom.

If you are not in that resur/rapt cloud with them, then you will not be saved and are headed for eternal fire.

After the 7th trumpet blows, this planet is turned to fire and all human life on earth ends.

That cloud is showing the resur/rapt.

You better hope that you are in it. 

(It's not a atomic weapon)

Oh yes it is. 

It's the cloud from the abomination that causes desolation. 

They will be in a lake of fire without a life preserver. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

And so we wait . . .

As a Christian you should understand these things. That's baffling tbh. How can God use us to warn people if we are so out of tune with what the Spirit is saying? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/14/2022 at 7:07 AM, Michael37 said:

I periodically encounter Christians who are convinced Christ will return in their lifetime. That's OK as long as they don't give me an earbashing on the subject. Those who do emphatically advise me that Christ will return in their lifetime usually do so with a list of reasons and an earnest expectation that tends to to mark them as somewhat intense, even fanatical, in my estimation.

Of course I agree that as Christians we are to be ready for Christ's Return, that it is to be regarded as imminent, but as for being convinced it will happen in my lifetime, I'm just not that sure, and the record shows many in history have set dates, and been convinced of His Return in their lifetime only to be proved wrong. 

I came across this obviously defunct claim at the link below:

Quote:

Jesus will return on March 5, 2014!

The Date Jesus Will Return is Finally Revealed! (redeeminggod.com)

If you enjoy satire you might want to read the article.

"the record shows many in history have set dates, and been convinced of His Return in their lifetime only to be proved wrong."

A: The setting of dates is wrong.. the error of doing that has indeed been proven many times.

I see such predictions although they shouldn't be trusted.. as having one good thing about them.. they keep the awareness updated. We've got scriptures to look at until we see the day approaching.

It keeps the believer checking their life for impurities and work to stay pure.. to be ready. And thereby not be like the foolish virgins who didn't think the Bridegroom would come when he did.

The apostle Paul believed that Jesus would come in his lifetime. He wrote "..we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together.."

The apostle John wrote in the last chapter of Revelations that Jesus is coming soon, and for the Bride to say "Come Lord Jesus."

For that reason it is scriptural to regard it as being imminent.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I therefore learned the storied and lengthy history behind what I've come to describe as "end times mania."

Yes, End Times Mania. . . and then there are the various Doomsday Cults.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

As a Christian you should understand these things. That's baffling tbh. How can God use us to warn people if we are so out of tune with what the Spirit is saying? 

Harold Camping - Wikipedia

Enough said.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 5/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, Starise said:

And very predictably they were severely judged every time. God sent prophets to warn them. This all resulted in multiple judgements against Israel, though God did not cast them away permanently.

If showing the tendency or the trend to do these things, then I would agree, they have happened, although I seriously doubt women who seek abortions today see it as sacrificing to Molech. This isn't to say those in control of our laws who could work a lot harder to overturn them don't have these kinds of ulterior motives. I don't agree most women are KNOWINGLY doing this.

Probably a more accurate alignment with your statements would be the mostly underground satanic groups who regularly observe these things and who absolutely DO sacrifice innocent children to demons. 

We see a similarity to both the behavior and God's judgement. Happens every time, and it will also happen THIS time eventually. God will not let this continue indefinitely. In this we can predict what's going to happen. It will happen to the US. I think it has already begun. The only thing that will stop it is sincere repentance and I am not optimistic.

It is this behavior coupled to the prophetic texts we read in the bible that leads me to believe we are very possibly in the LAST series of judgments until the very end.

If I'm wrong your grand children can sit back when they are grown and have a little chuckle over this. I don't believe many in that time ( if things continue) will be full of much chuckle about anything.

Not aware they are sacrificing babies to moloch…I agree that is an accurate statement. I suggest the enemy has simply repackaged the practice. The result is the same…imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

And those "supposed claims" (I don't care to look, its redundant, we al know the type ourselves) are mostly done by people who were living in times before the facts came to light, thus they were guessing in error without the factual understandings needed, which only the end times can give us. Secondly, those setting specific dates instead of a SEASON should be discounted straight away, and anyone who gave them heed are at fault themselves.

But when the end times gets here, Jesus said we would know, so I throw it ack on you and others, why cant you see the obvious? Its nit eve close, any Christian with just a little common sense should know Jesus will come back in your lifetime unless you die in the next few years. 

1.) Israel is a nation again, ever read the Valley of Dry Bone Prophecy? This happens in the end times, after 2000 some odd years of Israel being as Dead Men's Bones Israel is revived, and put in place for the 70th week to come to pass, where she can  repent, but that only happens after the ties the Gentiles comes to fruition. 

2.) We are told by Paul in Romans 1 and in varied other places the world will get far more evil towards the very end. We have seen 1 Billion Abortions or baby murders in the last 75 or so years, we have seen homosexuality accepted, we have people brainwashing our kids into becoming trans freaks. We have people that sit around and take pictures of themselves all day long, they are LOVERS OF THEMSELVES, we are indeed in the end times now.

3.) We have all the needed tools at hand for an actual Anti-Christ to set up a kingdom where he can track everyone, via Facebook meta data, google maps, google phones, iPhones, computers, we have have a one world type atmosphere, we have Russia, Iran and Turkey in an Alliance, we have Israel and all of her IMMEDIATE NEIGHBORS in an alliance of Peace at the same time which are both MUST NEED BE facts of any end time understanding.

4.) We need to be able to see an Asteroid that is going to hit as Revelation chapter 8 says will happen. Well, Apophis is "SUPPOSED" to come within 19 k miles (10 times closer than the moon) on April 13, 2029. For one, anyone telling you an asteroid will come within 19 k miles and then telling you its going to is is a liar or a naive person, scientists have told us that. Just them saying its a 3 percent chance tells us, if this is if God it is going to hit. Well, what do al the other SIGNS SAY? They sat we are in the end times now. Wat I don't get is I see people who don't want to g be wit Jesus tbh, they love this evil world so they deny the facts in front of their face.

So, I see Apophis as the middle of the week Rev. 8 Day of the Lord event, thus I see the fall of 2025 as the Rapture. We should now the SEASON, Jesus says so in the Parable of the Fig Tree in Matthew 24:32-35. We can't know the Day nor Hour simply refers to the exact day and hour of the Pre Trib Rapture, nothing more.

Of course this has been my calling of 37 years, I see what you can't on many things, but every Christians should be able to see we are in the very end times. Jesus will be ruling within 10 years. I am glad, not sad about that, but if it were not true I still would not tell an untruth as some may have, but but pointing to crazy peoples statement as a way to verify your thesis is weak my brother.

I reckon we will know in the fall of 2025.

Will you address this here at worthy, then…if the Lordtarries?

10 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

This is quite a statement to make, brother. Be careful.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

11 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I am 70, most men in my family died before age 62, so my lifetime could be pretty short!

I believe Jesus is coming soon. He has been coming soon for 2000 years.

3knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.I

If He comes in 20 minutes or 20 centuries, makes no difference to me. The longer He postpones, perhaps the greater the number of the saved, that is a good thing, but I think God ought to do what He thinks best - and He does!:thumbsup:

Ok ....................I really don't mean to be offensive here but I can't help seeing the correlation and contradictions.

This:

"I believe Jesus is coming soon. He has been coming soon for 2000 years."

Looks like this to me:

"They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1