missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I think it is a good idea. It protects the police and keeps them accountable. I don't know how the police feel about it. If they are being wrongly charged for an incident the camera will pick it up but if they are harassing someone the camera will also pick that up.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

Define, harassing. Being wrongfully terminated, Removed from the conversation, and angry and demanding an answer, Or shooting someone who wasn't doing anything wrong. Police don't harass, They shoot. Leaders don't judge righteously, They judge.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

As far as I know, the majority of law enforcement in the U.S. support body cameras. It adds to evidence which is helpful for everyone involved.

Another aspect that's often overlooked is the training value body cameras offer to law enforcement. Police officers are people, not machines, and the notion that body camera footage will be used to harass officers doesn't hold up to practice. Cameras help departments identify those areas where officers may need training and assistance. 

That's a "win" for law enforcement and the public.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's an example where body cameras help law enforcement do their jobs more effectively. 

Officers were looking for someone a few days ago. I met with an officer canvassing the area and I spoke to him for a while; our interview was recorded via the camera he was wearing. Instead of scribbling away on a notepad, his camera did that job much more effectively. The footage could be reviewed while the search was ongoing, helping officers on foot triangulate possible locations for the suspect's whereabouts.

In addition, any possible evidence would be recorded for use later on. I happened to know this suspect and something about them; this helps police assess how to approach that individual.

That's an example of the many benefits body cameras offer police.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Do you think that the police should wear a camera on their uniform? What are the pros and cons? We are voting for this now where I live. 

Yes i do think it is a good idea.   So does all the police I have asked about it.  Lying criminals are one of the larger dangers for law officers.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, other one said:

Yes i do think it is a good idea.   So does all the police I have asked about it.  Lying criminals are one of the larger dangers for law officers.

How many police have you talked to? Some do not like them. I was wondering if that is one of the reasons why men and women are not signing up for law enforcement now. We have a shortage of police. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Most of the cops have been wearing them here for awhile. I think it's a great idea, as it actually protects them from all the ambulance chasers and anti cop thugs out there, as it makes it harder to make the false accusation of police brutality. The cop can say um yes he did pull the gun on me first and the camera proves it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

How many police have you talked to? Some do not like them. I was wondering if that is one of the reasons why men and women are not signing up for law enforcement now. We have a shortage of police. 

You are having a shortage of police because of the way your city and state treats them. I would never be a police officer in any of the West Coast States. 

We do not have that problem where I live.  Our problem is affording the number we need.   

I have asked most of our city police and our sheriff's deputies and the Sheriff himself a month or so ago.    I am considering dashcams for our cars and the Winnebago.  They can help a lot when people run into you.

If a police officer did not willingly wear bodycams I would suspect his/her motives for being a police officer.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, other one said:

You are having a shortage of police because of the way your city and state treats them. I would never be a police officer in any of the West Coast States. 

We do not have that problem where I live.  Our problem is affording the number we need.   

I have asked most of our city police and our sheriff's deputies and the Sheriff himself a month or so ago.    I am considering dashcams for our cars and the Winnebago.  They can help a lot when people run into you.

If a police officer did not willingly wear bodycams I would suspect his/her motives for being a police officer.

Of course they are not going to say that they do not want to wear them because they do not want to be accountable. 

3 hours ago, other one said:

The Albuquerque Police Department (APD) is understaffed, so I think this might be a problem in many jurisdictions across the country. They certainly have their hands full in this violent city. I've never understood why a city of 560,000 in the middle of the desert has a higher violent crime rate than New York, LA, Chicago, or even next door in Phoenix which is 3 times the size of Albuquerque.

Armed robbery is the most common violent crime here. It's so bad that the feds have a task force dedicated to addressing that evil. Not too far from where I live, there's a convenience store that's been robbed 20 times over the past three months. The place is full of bullet holes.

• Praying! 1