HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

I see lately, many women, especially the younger ones paint their fingernails and even their toenails all shades of colors. Green, blue, black, grey, yellow, deep purple, even orange? I see this everywhere I go lately.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

It's a "thing". 

Like poodle skirts, zoot suits, waxed mustaches, permanent waves in the hair, two-toned oxfords, white  gloves,  multiple earring/nose rings, bobby socks, bell bottoms, orange lipstick, crew cuts, crew socks, greased pompadors, and mood rings.

Not my thing.  But it is "thing" nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I see lately, many women, especially the younger ones paint their fingernails and even their toenails all shades of colors. Green, blue, black, grey, yellow, deep purple, even orange? I see this everywhere I go lately.

Hi HAZARD,

I thought - to get attention.

Hubby said - rainbow, meaning supporting the gay community. Though of course not everyone would realise this who do that.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

To annoy and confuse you.

It doesn't annoy or confuse me at all. I was just wondering why some women do this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

One of my YouTuber subscriptions channels is run by a young man, maybe late 20's early 30's. I think he's from the Netherlands. His channel is on audio engineering. ........anyways,

This guy has longer hair and started painting his fingernails different colors. Apparently some of the subscribers made remarks in a negative way about him doing this. 

His next show was nothing but a rant about why he couldn't understand why anyone would even comment,question or bring it up.

Talk about thin skin.

If you're going to assume a "look" some people think is odd, then don't be surprised when they say so.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,965
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  234
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

perhaps they cant make up theri mind what colour they like best  or as my granddaughter said why have one when you can have 10:noidea:  She thinks that way whatever she wears she will have a colour that "goes " with it   :24:

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Hazard

"Why"?you ask.... I cannot answer for anyone but myself and I wear all the colors you mentioned in your OP ( one at a time) all the time( on my toe nails)& have been for as long as I can remember .. because I like it,I love colorful tootsies and someone mentioned" for attention"... Not so,I always wear open back shoes but almost always a closed front shoe so no one really sees my colorful toes but me( or at the pool which I hardly ever use)

My Mom was a cosmetologist,I grew up in her salon and was her test subject from a wee little girl- I suppose being very much a tomboy  & doing boyish activities that's the girly thing I do.... My nails are always long & painted " French"( that's white tips fyi) and they always look lovely but youd see when I turn my palms up I have all callouses  as most horse trainers do! Lol

Like I said,I grew up in the hair/ nail salons & most women will give you the same answer," because it makes me feel good" ... You see,the colors go in & out of style but the " thing" really is the ",eexperience"- we ladies like a little pampering & a manicure/ pedicure is a " me"moment to relax and pamper ourselves- hope that helps your curiousity,I know "we," can be hard to understand- lol

With love in Christ,Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1