• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

He also was not birthed in the Spirit/ born again.

Jesus had to be crucified and die for any of that to happen.

But obviously, Jesus did not have to be crucified and die in order to "speak of what we know", and to "testify to what we have seen".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

None of what you say here is true here, of what you have accused me of.

To be honest, I will end the discussion here...because you have come to your own conclusions about me.

I am more hungry for God than you will ever know.

But,imo, because my hunger doesn’t fit in with your hunger...everything I say is wrong and everything you say is right.

You imo want me to be how you want me to be.

Sorry, it ain’t happening...with the greatest of respect.

Now if you want to Boot me off this forum because I communicate differently with God than you do, then feel free to do so.

From my opinion you have manipulated and exaggerated my character...as being very lowly...no problem..your opinion.

edit to add..I have a living spiritual hunger, do you?

And as I’ve said many times...only God can speak to my heart, in his timing and not before.

You haven’t imo answered any of my questions that I addressed to you.

You only put what you personally think about me and how I worship Christ.and what “ I want from people”...wow!!..very personal indeed.

I am still shocked that you did not know who david was. Please help me to understand, if you do not know who he was, but you have a spiritual hunger, how do you fulfill that hunger? Do you read the old testament? The new testament? 

16 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I know nothing without having been  birthed in the Spirit.....So not really understanding what you mean here?

What have you seen then?

I was going to ask you the same question. But if you are not sure of what you know and can't relate it to others, or someone else shows why you are in error, or even shows me how or why I'm in error, then go back and ask yourself what you are assuming to be true. Mathematicians do that all the time. And Jesus did it, too, in relation to what his disciples assumed about him.

When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?” (Matthew 16:13-15)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.

The New Covenant is God putting his law within us. We though the help of the Holy Spirit uphold the law of God, because the holy spirit give us the power and ability to live by his law.

Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law. - Rom 3:31 

11 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

You must be Born again to be recognised by Christ?

Were any of the 12 disciples of Christ born again before his crucifixion?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, johann pretorius said:

@Starise, I fully concur, I don't claim to be a holy Joe, 24/7

1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things. 
1Co 13:12  For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I have been known. 
1Co 13:13  But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love. 

Brother, I fall short, daily, we are still in the flesh, and each one of us must bear our own cross, there is a reason why I posted that post, for others, including myself, to examine ourselves daily.

If I gave you the impression that I have exceeded Paul, or am boasting in my intellectual gnosis, not epignosis, rest be assured, you, and I, are nowhere near the true mark of holiness, but we await our final redemption, together. 

I hope you understand what I am trying to convey to you.

Shalom to you and family.

J.

Wise words from Spurgeon.

03183fee-0f98-4ad1-a27f-bf0aff96bafd.jpg

Thanks for these words johann.

Spurgeon smoked smelly cigars you know.;)

The reason I made my comments on this is because we have had in the past persons who really were teaching that once a person was saved they should be perfect. If not then they are not saved.

While I didn't think this is what you were saying, I clarified the reality of the teachings.

We should be more and more like Christ day by day. Take the verses on love for instance.

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a (ESV) Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant envy or boast or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

How many of us can say were were always patient, always kind,never arrogant or rude, never irritable, never resentful, not insisting on our own way, never rejoicing in wrong doing or in thinking we got away with something, always looking at truth and never desiring any lies?

Edited by Starise

4 minutes ago, NCAP said:

Were any of the 12 disciples of Christ born again before his crucifixion?

We must further ask: Why would anyone assume that any of the 12 apostles were born again before his crucifixion? 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

34 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

How do I fill that hunger, knowing I am born again/ regenerated/ birthed in the Spirit.

im alive in Spirit are you?

God is alive in my spirit, is he alive in yours?

imo, if you have been birthed in the Spirit, you would know that from day one..you don’t need to read the word to know that.

Gods word is alive and active..I was birthed first.i was born from above, having never ever read a bible,.then low and behold off I went and bought a bible..and there was the word of God.born again.

Maybe your hunger for God is different to mine, I am always being led to scripture by Christ...how else would I understand about being born again ..why should I know about David?

Because you do?

Explain why you think or believe my hunger for Christ, should be like yours?

David has a prominent place in the bible. He is not some obscure figure. Anyone who has read the bible would know who he is. That is why I asked and why I am shocked. From your comment, it implies that you do not read the bible. That is why I asked, gently, how you fulfill that hunger and do you read the old testament. I realize, from later posts than mine, that you feel attacked but that is not my intention. 

Btw, david was highly praised by God, despite his faults. God called him the apple of His eye. It is through david that the line of Jesus is from. David also wrote most of the psalms in the bible. 

18 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I have already explained about being born again to you.

If you don’t believe it, that’s fine..no more to discuss with you,God Bless.🙏

All I know about you is what you claim about yourself. And I don't know anything else about you except what you claim about yourself.

4 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

You don’t believe that you have to be born again to see the Kingdom of God.

What is self-evident is that you have made another assertion. We all begin with "givens" is this life, and we go from there.