Dennis1209

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,084
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

No storm in Louisiana but GOOD GRAVY, it's 10 degrees!!  We are accustomed to wearing shorts and tee shirts on Christmas day.  It's going to be between 9 and 25 until Tuesday.

Please pray for a couple at my church.  He is on hospice, lying asleep on a hospital bed in their living room, and they have no heat this morning! :o  PLEASE pray!!

I worry sick about the homeless and the homeless animals.

I know 10 degrees isn't a big deal to many, but to us here - it's unfathomable.

• Praying! 6

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,702
  • Content Per Day:  2.64
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, shel said:

our high today in MA is near 60 and it's raining and blowing like crazy. Tonight it's supposed to freeze hard and stay frozen for who knows how long. Yikes!

-3 in Tennessee??? I guess it helps to be near the ocean :noidea:

It must be nice :D

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  622
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  57,286
  • Content Per Day:  7.57
  • Days Won:  280

28 minutes ago, Jayne said:

No storm in Louisiana but GOOD GRAVY, it's 10 degrees!!  We are accustomed to wearing shorts and tee shirts on Christmas day.  It's going to be between 9 and 25 until Tuesday.

Please pray for a couple at my church.  He is on hospice, lying asleep on a hospital bed in their living room, and they have no heat this morning! :o  PLEASE pray!!

I worry sick about the homeless and the homeless animals.

I know 10 degrees isn't a big deal to many, but to us here - it's unfathomable.

It's a really big deal to homeless no matter where they are.    I fear we will loose a lot of people this week.

• Praying! 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,084
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, other one said:

It's a really big deal to homeless no matter where they are.    I fear we will loose a lot of people this week.

We have quite a few churches and other organizations who try to minister with food and clothes and shelter year-round.  Expecially under the bridges.

But so many are mentally ill and will not come to the shelters even when prodded to.  It just makes me sick and sad.

Edited by Jayne
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  283
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Content Per Day:  8.99
  • Days Won:  149

3 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

You look pretty cold/ rough in that avatar pic, Chewy,😂💗🙏

I am if I go outside. lol.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I hope everyone is making it through this first artic blast warm and comfy. The forecasters were not kidding about this event. At 8 P.M. yesterday, it hit here in N.W. Tennessee with high winds and flash freezing. The power went off briefly, and it was time to light the kerosine heater and turn on lanterns and chemical lights. Then the power came back on, praise the Lord.

At 5 A.M. this morning -3° F. very breezy, and about 2” of sleet, ice, and snow. How is it where you are?

Hey Dennis.. yeah got to what -14 here. Just 10 now haha

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Topics Per Day:  0.39
  • Content Count:  15,265
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, shel said:

our high today in MA is near 60 and it's raining and blowing like crazy. Tonight it's supposed to freeze hard and stay frozen for who knows how long. Yikes!

It used to get pretty cold at Boston. I used to shovel a lot of it.

I sure made some US Coast Guard personnel unhappy many years ago on the day before Christmas when I brought my family aboard the SS Constitution for a tour. The harbor's nasty green water was frozen over, looking blackish, and the deck  and rigging was covered with snow.

Though pleasant they did give us a, What are you nuts? look as they graciously gave "the tour".  I think it was colder below deck then it was on the top side. What a fun memory, Boston you're my (home) town  - love that dirty water ( Charles River ).

Funny how and where God moves many if not each of us along, sojourning to the time and place we get turned about by the Holy Spirit to hear and heed the call to turn  to Jesus. Awesome really. God is awesome. This weekend He will have oh so many of us in the USA at least on lockdown, perhaps a nice time to just read the word the Bible that He has gifted us through many  over much time, so much time.  

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I hope everyone is making it through this first artic blast warm and comfy. The forecasters were not kidding about this event. At 8 P.M. yesterday, it hit here in N.W. Tennessee with high winds and flash freezing. The power went off briefly, and it was time to light the kerosine heater and turn on lanterns and chemical lights. Then the power came back on, praise the Lord.

At 5 A.M. this morning -3° F. very breezy, and about 2” of sleet, ice, and snow. How is it where you are?

Hi Dennis,

Glad you have made it through. What very cold weather you are having. Obviously we, down under are the reverse. Though yesterday we had a great storm with hail the size of golf balls. It also took down power poles and our electricity was off for over a day. Very difficult for the dairy farmers around here. Trevor, (my hubby) took our extra generators to help people keep their fridge and freezer on and to have some limited power.

Out weather is in the 30`s - 37 & 38 degrees over Christmas & New Year. And that is about 100 in the old scale.

Marilyn.