IGNORED

Woman arrested for silent praying, why people do not fight back the oppression ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

9 hours ago, other one said:

I can understand how an active group of protesters can be seen as leaving scars on an individual if they are forced to listen to the debate while going into an establishment, but the one in question by the OP was doing no such thing.  The clinic was closed, nobody was around, and she was not actively protesting in a way that any member of the community would know about.  She was just silently praying to God in her heart and mind, no verbal words at all.   Being that she was arrested for what she was thinking institutes the beginning of thought control/policing.  This is something that is not even mentioned, or hinted to, in the law.  Holding up signs or preaching to people would fall under such law, but she was doing neither.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I can understand how an active group of protesters can be seen as leaving scars on an individual if they are forced to listen to the debate while going into an establishment, but the one in question by the OP was doing no such thing.  The clinic was closed, nobody was around, and she was not actively protesting in a way that any member of the community would know about.  She was just silently praying to God in her heart and mind, no verbal words at all.   Being that she was arrested for what she was thinking institutes the beginning of thought control/policing.  This is something that is not even mentioned, or hinted to, in the law.  Holding up signs or preaching to people would fall under such law, but she was doing neither.

I don't make laws there so if you disagree with the law, call someone there.   Someone asked for the law and I just bothered to look it up and post it.   I pray things like that do not  come to the USA.   It's my understanding it is the local  city government that made the ordinance.   And I agree with you it's the dumbest thing we could do here, but I can see progressives trying to do so here.

6 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't make laws there so if you disagree with the law, call someone there.   Someone asked for the law and I just bothered to look it up and post it.   I pray things like that do not  come to the USA.   It's my understanding it is the local  city government that made the ordinance.   And I agree with you it's the dumbest thing we could do here, but I can see progressives trying to do so here.

I just analyzed what the law said from your post and saw nothing about praying in silence, only about activities that can be heard and seen.  You can't hear or see a person praying in silence, only that they are standing there, maybe with their eyes closed.  For all anyone knows, they are just day dreaming ...

I agree that there is no way to police a thought until the thought itself is expressed verbally or through actions.  It's foolish to even try.

I didn't mean to strike a nerve in you, my friend.  I was not implying in any way that you were responsible for making any laws.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

only about activities that can be heard and seen. 

The police officer arrested her because she would not go with him to the police station for further questioning. Maybe we should wait to see how it comes out in court.  But considering the laws of protesting abortions in the UK, I would not hold my breath that they will just drop it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Implied or expressed. I see a day coming when the preponderance of the evidence (or symbolic) of what it suggests or looks like is covered under hate crime and exclusion laws.  

Praying.jpg

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Is this situation not of God's making? Does it not convict the heart toward helping out those that are bravely operating pregnancy aid clinics, so often in the name of Jesus, where counseling and real aid is given to those in need as they are pregnant? Those clinics are under attack, real physical assault at this time.

There is need by these clinics for Christians to be involved in the protection of the physical property, the women being aided plus  for the operators and staffs of the clinics that work to save the life of the unborn child, and the mothers of young babes too.

Praise God for the stirring of the heart of many  toward now getting involved, not in condemnations, but in helping those in need of that help.

They should repent.

4 hours ago, other one said:

The police officer arrested her because she would not go with him to the police station for further questioning. Maybe we should wait to see how it comes out in court.  But considering the laws of protesting abortions in the UK, I would not hold my breath that they will just drop it.

That is not what he ended up saying.  He asked her if she would go to the police station for further questioning and her answer was that if she had a choice, no.  Then the officer stated that he was arresting her for suspicion of breaking the "Bubble law", not because she refused to go with him.

You are right though, she will most likely be made an example of to discourage others from silently praying in front of closed abortion clinics.  We all know who's temple these clinics really belong to ... Moloch.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

A mention of this from the UK Alliance Defending Freedom. I'm in hopes those representing her win.

https://adf.uk/woman-arrested-for-prayer/
Snip:
“The Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 permits a constable to search an arrested person “for anything he might use to assist him to escape lawful custody” or “which might be evidence relating to an offence”. Such searches must be “reasonably required”. We can safely conclude that our fundamental rights and freedoms are in jeopardy if a search of hair is considered “reasonably required” for a suspected crime of praying, even silent prayer. As the Public Order Bill goes through Parliament, it’s crucial that Isabel’s experience is kept firmly in the mind of MPs. No one should be criminalised for the peaceful, harmless practice of their faith, let alone thoughts,” added Jeremiah Igunnubole, Legal Counsel for ADF UK."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

24 minutes ago, B3L13v3R said:

No one should be criminalised for the peaceful, harmless practice of their faith, let alone thoughts,

George Orwell foresaw all of this in his novel 1984.

but prophets are never listened to and so the world just keeps on injuring itself.

those in the world have no spiritual armour at all - none whatsoever and are therefore blinded by the god of this world.

Rev 6:15  And the kings of the earth, and the magnates, and the chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every one bond and free, hid themselves into the caves and into the rocks of the mountains; 
16  and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall upon us, and hide us from the face of the one sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 
17  because the great day of their wrath is come; and who can stand?