• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

10 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Of course, there is no life in the “ religion “ of man, because he speaks of his own accord?

There is no life in man or woman’s words in the flesh, how could there be?

There is only life ,when we are born again/ regenerated/ birthed in the Spirit. when we believe in Jesus.....even then it’s an act of God..

When God births us in the Spirit, we have that direct line to Him, through the Holy Spirit, full communication with the Lord, which is a “ Living “ relationship....Father to Son/ daughter relationship....there is NONE like it!!..

Do you think some aren’t understanding what it means to have that living relationship with Christ?

John 14:6 
New International Version
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New Living Translation
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus says to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, if not by Me.

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

New King James Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me

When people claim that they became Christians by weighing up the pros and cons, then making a decision for Christ, I smell a dead rat.  They tend to be all about man's will/decision making and very little about the wonderful grace of the Lord (even if they mention grace sometimes).  It often comes across more as will-worship and works than worship of the Lord.

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Scripture produces faith; faith produces ability to believe; belief produces repentance; repentance produces the need of Jesus only; the need cries out to Jesus to save... 

Enoob, enoob, enoob...:emot-shakehead:

Scripture, on its own, does not produce faith, otherwise everyone who heard it would have faith. 

God uses Scripture, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to produce faith in his elect.

James 1:16-18 (KJV)

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
  17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
  18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. 

1 Thess. 1:4,5 (KJV)

Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
  5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

8 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

"Helper," here, is translated from the root term paraklētos. This can also be translated as a "comforter," or "advocate." This is the same term John will use later to describe Jesus in 1 John 2:1. That connection has meaning—Jesus will later point out that He is leaving behind His earthly ministry specifically so the Holy Spirit can act (John 16:7). The Holy Spirit, in a sense, does from the inside what Christ would do from the outside: teach, convict, remind, and guide. In the following verse, Jesus will clarify that this Helper is the Holy Spirit, who is available only to those who believe (John 14:17). 

This Spirit is guaranteed to be with the believer "forever." This contrasts with the work of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament, which came and went from God's servants at various times (1 Samuel 19:23; 2 Chronicles 15:1; Judges 14:6). 

John 14:17

New International Version

17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you.

Yes: the "Paraclete" is the One who comes alongside us, to help and strengthen.  The word used by the KJV, "comforter", was very good, because it meant "one who comes together (with you) to strengthen".  Sadly, the word has changed its meaning, in modern English.

Edited by David1701
punctuation

23 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Maybe this one? At least a start, more than one verse is required.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one

speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one

can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

That's a good one!  I hadn't thought of that one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,333
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Enoob, enoob, enoob...:emot-shakehead:

Scripture, on its own, does not produce faith, otherwise everyone who heard it would have faith. 

God uses Scripture, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to produce faith in his elect.

James 1:16-18 (KJV)

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
  17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
  18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. 

1 Thess. 1:4,5 (KJV)

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

David David David who do you think I'm going to listen to? God's Word or you... The Scripture is The Holy Spirit wrought work of God to man and it is the power of God unto salvation

Romans 1:16 (KJV)
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

I've shown you the error of regeneration precedes faith, faith comes by the Word of God not some extra work of God needed- (like the work of the Holy Spirit is not enough in written Scripture), the proper order of salvation (the ordo salutis) etc. 

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

David David David who do you think I'm going to listen to? God's Word or you... The Scripture is The Holy Spirit wrought work of God to man and it is the power of God unto salvation

Romans 1:16 (KJV)
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

I've shown you the error of regeneration precedes faith, faith comes by the Word of God not some extra work of God needed- (like the work of the Holy Spirit is not enough in written Scripture), the proper order of salvation (the ordo salutis) etc. 

Please let us all know what you think this means: "Of His own will He begot us with the word of truth.".

...and this...

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

@farouk

The Spirit may cry together with the Holy Spirit "ABBA FATHER "...Which let us know that our Spirit knows that we are the children of God but our selves may know that or may not know that or is having trouble to come with terms with that...it may doubt or it may believe that something else is required yet...that to believe in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins is not enough...

The Spirit and our Spirit may sing "ABBA FATHER" but others may try to convince us that it is not so...may they will require someone to give up smoking and after that there is something else and something else...the never ending of "something else "..

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,459
  • Content Per Day:  8.11
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

1 Corinthians 2:14 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓]
1 Corinthians 2:14, NIV: The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14, ESV: The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:14, KJV: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:14, NASB: But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:14, NLT: But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

1 Corinthians 2:14, CSB: But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God's Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritua

In the context of chapter 2, v.14 teaches that those without the Spirit, namely believers, cannot understand the doctrines about spirituality.  Such things as being filled with the Spirit, grieving or quenching the Spirit, spiritual growth, etc.

v.6 -  We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

This verse shows that Paul was speaking about wisdom to the spiritually mature believer.

v.10 - these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

So, what are "the deep things of God"?  Well, for one, that doesn't include the gospel message.  The deep things are the deeper doctrines for the spiritually  mature believer.

Unfortunately, many believers use v.14 to teach that the unregenerate cannot understand the gospel, which is false.  Of course they can, and do.  There are examples all around us.  

In fact, Acts 14:2 and 19:9 describe people who "refuse to believe".  Think about it;  in order to "refuse" to do something, one must be ABLE to DO IT.  

It is ridiculous to claim to refuse to do something if you CAN'T do it in the first place.

And in Rev 16:9,11 we read about people who "refused to repent".  Same principle.

The Calvinist message is that in order to believe or repent, a person must be regenerated first.  But that isn't taught anywhere in the Bible.  

The opposite is taught;  when a person believes or repents, they are regenerated.

Eph 2:5 equates salvation and regeneration.

Eph 2:8 says that salvation is through faith, proving that faith precedes salvation, and therefore, regeneration.

2 Cor 3:16 - But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.  This verse gives the order of things;  spiritual sight occurs "whenever anyone turns to the Lord".

And the word "anyone" certainly isn't limiting in any way.  So everyone is able to believe and repent.  But many refuse to do so.

Edited by FreeGrace

49 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:
False Prophets Can Destroy Your Life. Learn how To Discern Them. 

What we need to learn is how to discern false prophets so that we will not fall into their deceptive traps.

How Do We Discern False Prophets?

They make claims that are not found in the Bible, but have biblical sounding words.

Test the spirits by which they speak

Do they speak the very words of God as written in His Word?

Do their words bear witness with your spirit?

The context for Rom 8:16 is prayer.  When a believer prays, the Holy Spirit bears witness WITH the believer's spirit that they are God's children.  This means that the Holy Spirit is bearing witness TO God the Father.

Do their words align with what God’s Word says?

This is critical.  This is what the Bereans did with what Paul preached to them.

Acts 17- 

10 As soon as it was night, the believers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 
11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

This is the method I use when posting to others.  I challenge them to support their beliefs/claims with Scripture that says what they say.  Those who have the truth can do that easily, and those who are offended by the challenge show that they can't.

Does the prophet lead you toward God or themselves?

Pray for discernment

Follow God’s Guidance

All good advice.

51 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Does the prophet lead you toward God or themselves?

Their true colors will always show and their falsehood will be evident

Most importantly, a false prophet's true colors will always show when challenged to show that they SAY what the Scriptures SAY.  They are offended that they are being challenged and will usually try to "turn the tables" and act like victims being "attacked".  

Here is the point:  truth can always defend itself.  It's the false teachings that can't be defended from Scripture.

Here are some examples of claims that aren't supported from Scripture.

1.  God elects to salvation unconditionally.

2.  God regenerates people so they will believe.

3.  Christ didn't die for everyone.

4.  Salvation can be lost, forfeited, given away, revoked, etc.

5.  Unregenerate man cannot understand the gospel.